Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

5 hours ago, eers said:

Ton of upside, but I think where the disconnect is with Gallatin supporters and those of us that aren’t... Gallatin supporters see it as a top echelon program and the rest of us don’t. Was it once? Yes. Can it be again? Yes. Is it now? No. 

Theres the disconnect and why Gallatin fans come across the wrong way to some.  Glad you feel that way about it, but you have to be realistic in what you expect.  Not from wins and losses, but this coaching search. I read someone compare Gallatin to UT and there may be some truth to that. You didn’t see big names lining up at the door for their most recent search and UT has won a National Championship since Gallatin won a state championship. 

I believe if the administration does its job correctly, Gallatin can get a very good coach and see success in a short timeframe. I still don’t believe it’s a draw for an established 5-6A coach that is making deep runs in the playoffs. Get a good assistant that has something to prove. One that wants to take Gallatin to the top. Give him the support he needs and help him grow it. 

To me it comes down to does the administration know enough about football to be able to determine if a candidate truly knows football? Or is it more about “feel good”?

I know some good coaches will apply and I feel we need a good established head coach with a good track record.  But if Gallatin hires an assistant coach because he sells them on what he can do then he will get our 100% support.  Don’t think otherwise!!  This process will be more true than the last two hires.  There is no coach in waiting and there is more of an eagerness to get this one right.  

8 hours ago, Cougar97 said:

Does anyone know how Cottontown will effect Gallatin? I assume it can’t help but may keep Gallatin in 5A. 

That school will not open up for at least 3 years as the county commission just approved the funding.  It will heavily download Beech and Station Camp.  It will probably affect White House, Portland and Gallatin to some extent but not very much.  The lines will change with the huge amount of growth the area is receiving.  It is the outlying areas that will possibly end up at the new school for Gallatin, I am told 100-200 kids max if that.  Lines will change with the heavy growth.  

I saw where SC will be affected next year losing kids to Beech and then those same kids will go to Cottontown. Not ideal to possibly spend your HS career at 2, maybe 3 schools. Does the TC coach gain any more momentum after their win last night? No one was really picking them to win. Do any of the current assistants want a shot at the job? 

Edited by Cougar97

50 minutes ago, Cougar97 said:

I saw where SC will be affected next year losing kids to Beech and then those same kids will go to Cottontown. Not ideal to possibly spend your HS career at 2, maybe 3 schools. Does the TC coach gain any more momentum after their win last night? No one was really picking them to win. Do any of the current assistants want a shot at the job? 

I do not know if any assistants want the job.  I really doubt any would get it though.  I think most agree new blood is needed.  I have not heard any mention of the TC coach either.  I have heard a few names but his has not been in the conversation.  

7 minutes ago, District12AA said:

Gallatin fanbase has become the UT football fanbase of high school athletics. Talks about success from 20 plus years ago, wants to return to glory days, thinks the best coaches will want to come there and in reality it is an average HS job with not a very high ceiling. It is 2018 not 1988.

Not a Gallatin fan, but if the right hire is made with the understanding he can do things his way in all aspects, the ceiling is pretty high. Are they gonna win at the level of Maryville, Oakland or Whitehaven, etc? No, but not many ppl do. Gallatin doesn't need a top HC to win again, a talented, hungry assistant coach can be just as successful

1 hour ago, District12AA said:

Gallatin fanbase has become the UT football fanbase of high school athletics. Talks about success from 20 plus years ago, wants to return to glory days, thinks the best coaches will want to come there and in reality it is an average HS job with not a very high ceiling. It is 2018 not 1988.

Why is the ceiling not high?  Granted we have been average of late but why can a good coach not win here?  

It's still a good job. Even from an outsider's perspective that much is clear. I've seen their talent, fans, and community support up close and personal. As with most other communities with strong potential, the program has probably been held back by politics. Get that out of the way and they have all the ingredients there for success. Just gotta get the right chef in the kitchen.

We saw it here. Saw it at Hendersonville when Hatfield took over. Saw it at Springfield. Saw it at Beech, etc. Every job is a tough gig until it isn't.  

• Upvote 1