Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

Only advice I have is this.  Look at the R'dale example of a few years ago.  The top program of 5A at the time.  HC left and we got a 'supposedly' proven 4A Coach.  Man got to R'dale with its 110+ Varsity and 60+ Freshman team and paniced!  Man was as lost as three years ago Easter Eggs!

Who ever you get make sure he is a MOTIVATOR that is not afraid to cruise the halls to get kids out to the program.  Make sure he involves EVERYBODY at practice.  This also mean his assistants!  If you get one that lets half the team stand around with their thumbs up their butts, you can bet game time will be similar!

Gallatin CAN be a State Title winner again, just got to get the RIGHT Coach.

1 hour ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Only advice I have is this.  Look at the R'dale example of a few years ago.  The top program of 5A at the time.  HC left and we got a 'supposedly' proven 4A Coach.  Man got to R'dale with its 110+ Varsity and 60+ Freshman team and paniced!  Man was as lost as three years ago Easter Eggs!

Who ever you get make sure he is a MOTIVATOR that is not afraid to cruise the halls to get kids out to the program.  Make sure he involves EVERYBODY at practice.  This also mean his assistants!  If you get one that lets half the team stand around with their thumbs up their butts, you can bet game time will be similar!

LOD, I said the same thing about success at s lower level not necessarily equating to success at a higher level, especially where demands and pressure are high. This is the main reason I would prefer an assistant from a program with the expectations and pressure that go along with it. 

18 hours ago, eers said:

LOD, I said the same thing about success at s lower level not necessarily equating to success at a higher level, especially where demands and pressure are high. This is the main reason I would prefer an assistant from a program with the expectations and pressure that go along with it. 

I wish you would give me some examples.  I never really thought Riverdale made a good hire.  Hillsboro was having some success but never to the extent of a Rankin.  And it is very hard to follow a legend.  

I really don’t care who it is as long they win.  So let me re-emphasize this, in my opinion we need a good established coach with a track record of winning.  It is what I would prefer.  There are way more examples of assistants that have risen to the head coaching ranks that did not cut it and I do not want Gallatin to have to go through that possibility again.  This needs to the right hire!!  

We may never know all or any of the names of who may have applied.  I know this will be a true hire with no coach in waiting out there.  That has not happened since Short retired.  

Edited by GWAVE1

20 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Motivator and a leader!!  One who pays attention to the details!!  One thing at Gallatin, everyone has been involved.  Usually they play a ton in the preseason to form depth.  That has to continue.  Player evaluation may change but being active cannot. 

Why were Crabtree and Creasy not offered? If there was a coach in waiting, then it was a dog and pony show, a waste of peoples time! Green Wave people just cant handle fact that players are not there as they once were. Beside kid to Ga Tech, what else has been produced in last few years! Gallatin last had a legit shot at State when Crabtree outcoached Lassiter for his first Championship! Not alot of grumbling on lassiter that I remember! I would have kept Williams one more year, then Did whatever necessary to get Crabtree!

GO JACKETS!

5 minutes ago, jimb1972 said:

Why were Crabtree and Creasy not offered? If there was a coach in waiting, then it was a dog and pony show, a waste of peoples time! Green Wave people just cant handle fact that players are not there as they once were. Beside kid to Ga Tech, what else has been produced in last few years! Gallatin last had a legit shot at State when Crabtree outcoached Lassiter for his first Championship! Not alot of grumbling on lassiter that I remember! I would have kept Williams one more year, then Did whatever necessary to get Crabtree!

GO JACKETS!

It was a dog and pony show.  Lassiter recommenced Williams who had just got back on staff a year earlier.  It was said that all of the final candidates had similar plans and ways to go about things.   

Besides the all time rushing leader in Mason, there has been the all time passing leader in Carnes, one of the top receivers,  one of the better linebackers in Porter now at EAst Tenn, but several quality high school players otherwise.  You don’t have to have college talent to be overly competitive, it helps but not a necessity.   Talent is not the issue.  Williams left on his own by the way.  

Whoever Gallatin hires to be the next head football coach several things must happen:

1.  You begin to win with the strength & conditioning coach.  This hire must blow everything out of the water.

2.  New OC, DC, OL coach, DL coach, secondary coach, QB & receivers coach (That is 8 new coaches counting the strength coach and head coach)

3.  The head coach must be allowed to hire the middle school football coaches that feed Gallatin 

This is just the beginning of many things that will have to change if Gallatin is ever going to get to where they once were.

1 minute ago, cbg said:

Whoever Gallatin hires to be the next head football coach several things must happen:

1.  You begin to win with the strength & conditioning coach.  This hire must blow everything out of the water.

2.  New OC, DC, OL coach, DL coach, secondary coach, QB & receivers coach (That is 8 new coaches counting the strength coach and head coach)

3.  The head coach must be allowed to hire the middle school football coaches that feed Gallatin 

This is just the beginning of many things that will have to change if Gallatin is ever going to get to where they once were.

The weight room is a HUGE reason for MJ's success recently. Weightroom has been a big priority to them.