Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

11 hours ago, PoleCat56 said:

Heard PC coach applied I guess his credentials are good enough neither huh... Maybe it's other reasons 

If he did, I think he is a good coach.  But the prevailing thought is nobody any good would want to come coach at Gallatin.....

Edited by GWAVE1

8 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

If he did, I think he is a good coach.  But the prevailing thought is nobody any good would want to come coach at Gallatin.....

I don't believe that is true, Gallatin has a rich tradition and support from the community. Athletically you are known to have some talented student athletes I really think its a diamond in the rough that use to be gold mine. Growing up when Coach Short was the HC nobody wanted a part of you guys. I believe it could get back to that with the right hire and allowing him to bring in who he needs. The only turn back is the pay cut that comes with the county.

3 minutes ago, PoleCat56 said:

I don't believe that is true, Gallatin has a rich tradition and support from the community. Athletically you are known to have some talented student athletes I really think its a diamond in the rough that use to be gold mine. Growing up when Coach Short was the HC nobody wanted a part of you guys. I believe it could get back to that with the right hire and allowing him to bring in who he needs. The only turn back is the pay cut that comes with the county.

If you read this thread, that is the thought of some.  I on the other hand agree with you.   The county pay is a stumbling block but other schools in the county seem to find good coaches just the same.   I think eventually Sumner will have to catchup in that department.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PoleCat56 said:

I totally agree that Gallatin could be a great job if the necessary changes are made.  The only problem that I see is that very few of the people in charge are willing to suffer through the pain necessary to become a great athletic program.  It's still very much a "GOOD OLE BOY SYSTEM" in Gallatin and look at where that has got them.  Regardless of what some people say the football program is not very good and has a long way to go if they are ever going to reach the success of the Calvin Short days.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cbg said:

I totally agree that Gallatin could be a great job if the necessary changes are made.  The only problem that I see is that very few of the people in charge are willing to suffer through the pain necessary to become a great athletic program.  It's still very much a "GOOD OLE BOY SYSTEM" in Gallatin and look at where that has got them.  Regardless of what some people say the football program is not very good and has a long way to go if they are ever going to reach the success of the Calvin Short days.

Heck Guys its not just Sumner County we are light years behind other states as well. Knox County just Demolished  the state championships and they all value athletics. I strongly believe boosters and QB clubs can make up for some of the missing revenue . I know its frowned on but it still occurs lets be real. I believe Gallatin can make a deep run year in and out with the right guy. I don't think it has to be a big splash name, just a guy and staff  that can get the the kids, community, and school to buy in. Of course someone proven in their work.

46 minutes ago, cbg said:

Define “Good Old Boy System” in reference to Gallatin?  I think by Williams stepping down that system has been broken somewhat.  There is no coach in waiting like Joslin after Short, Lassiter after Joslin and Williams after Lassiter.  This hire will be made by a commitee I am told and signed off on by the principal.  This will be a true hire for good or bad.  

25 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Define “Good Old Boy System” in reference to Gallatin?  I think by Williams stepping down that system has been broken somewhat.  There is no coach in waiting like Joslin after Short, Lassiter after Joslin and Williams after Lassiter.  This hire will be made by a commitee I am told and signed off on by the principal.  This will be a true hire for good or bad.  

Who will be on the Committee? 

26 minutes ago, jimb1972 said:

cbg, totally agree! Thats why you have the same handful of teams in the running each year! Too many systems are not committed to do what is necessary. 

If athletes are what you say they are then Wave should beat SC, regardless of coaching!

GO JACKETS!

The reason that only a handful of teams are on top most every year is due to a whole community being soft and the administration and coaches not wanting to make waves.  We all know that often times LITTLE JOHNNY gets to play a premier position because LITTLE JOHHNY'S father is on the school board or a teacher in the school.  Truth be told while he is a good kid LITTLE JOHNNY couldn't  play dead in a cowboy movie.  If a team is bad and they have been down for a while it generally takes a new coaching staff that is willing to blow up the whole program in order to fix the program.