Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

1 hour ago, wave88 said:

I have tried as I know GWave1 and Greenwave84EG have as well.  It may as well be Fort Knox.  No names are being mentioned by the three people on the interview group.

Very true, I've had numerous conversations with them and no names have been mentioned, only descriptions of the final group as a whole, and all of them have had very successful head coaching careers.  Gallatin will have a very good head coach in place soon, that's for certain.

8 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Time to get excited!!  As a former player, tell me what you look for in a successful coach to get the program back on track.  

I look for a coach that's going to take all possible steps necessary to have a winning mentality, and honestly, not being mentally weak. I have seen this group lay down early in games if things do not work out in their favor. 

A HUGE weightroom priority. All year-round. If you want to take the next step, the entire team needs to live and breathe those weights and conditioning! No excuses if you want to be a champion.

I trust the new coach (& staff) will have a good idea as far as the x's & o's, just mainly wanting to see a winner's mentality when that team steps onto the field. About the only thing I can honestly say about my group's time there, we truly felt that we could, & should win in every game we played. There were no moral victories. 

I feel that the right coach could bring this program back to being a football team that is circled on every team's schedule. 

• Like 1

Not sure about getting a good coach. The question is when will we get a new athletic director and new principal..  Other than boys BB we are not competitive in other sports. We do not compete at a championship level in other sports like our rivals do.  You see Beech, Station Camp, and Hendersonville winning championships and going to the state level. What has happened to Gallatin?  Seems like all resources are being pumped into football, what about the other sports? Need new blood in the administration, tired of reading the Gallatin News and seeing us losing all the time. New football coach should be Brent Alexander and no one else.  He is the only one qualified to get the Greenwave back to where we should be. We should never lose to Beech, Hendersonville, or Station Camp ever. 

25 minutes ago, wave21 said:

Not sure about getting a good coach. The question is when will we get a new athletic director and new principal..  Other than boys BB we are not competitive in other sports. We do not compete at a championship level in other sports like our rivals do.  You see Beech, Station Camp, and Hendersonville winning championships and going to the state level. What has happened to Gallatin?  Seems like all resources are being pumped into football, what about the other sports? Need new blood in the administration, tired of reading the Gallatin News and seeing us losing all the time. New football coach should be Brent Alexander and no one else.  He is the only one qualified to get the Greenwave back to where we should be. We should never lose to Beech, Hendersonville, or Station Camp ever. 

Completely disagree.  

You guys are so delusional.  I hear talk of endless talent in football. Not true!  Freshman won what 1 game and got blown out the rest, Shaffer won 1 game and got blown out the rest, I think Rucker went 8-0, thank goodness for them.  Guarantee you our rivals were better.  Everybody thinks hire top level coach, snap your fingers and we go 15-0 and win state.  In 2 years we will go to 6-A then no more Hillwood, Hunters Lane, and Glencliff.  Rutherford County schools will have over 2500 students even with the new school opening.  Look at how good Mount Juliet is and how many students they have, they beat us at every thing now.    Like I said earlier the other sports are pitiful and nobody cares.  Administration hires coaches in 15 minutes and then the losing starts.  Very discouraged with all of this.  

24 minutes ago, wave21 said:

You guys are so delusional.  I hear talk of endless talent in football. Not true!  Freshman won what 1 game and got blown out the rest, Shaffer won 1 game and got blown out the rest, I think Rucker went 8-0, thank goodness for them.  Guarantee you our rivals were better.  Everybody thinks hire top level coach, snap your fingers and we go 15-0 and win state.  In 2 years we will go to 6-A then no more Hillwood, Hunters Lane, and Glencliff.  Rutherford County schools will have over 2500 students even with the new school opening.  Look at how good Mount Juliet is and how many students they have, they beat us at every thing now.    Like I said earlier the other sports are pitiful and nobody cares.  Administration hires coaches in 15 minutes and then the losing starts.  Very discouraged with all of this.  

1.) RuCo is not the Boogeyman it used to be. Could very well be Oakland as the only team that has any kind of potential next season.

2.) Not a big difference bewteen 5A and 6A in middle TN.

3.) Gallatin isn't gonna win a title in year 1, but the right coach gets em back to deep playoff runs pretty quickly.

4.) Gallatin won't be confused with Oakland, Maryville or Whitehaven in terms of talent, but the cupboard is far from bare

5.) Unwritten rule in HS sports: Football drives the machine. You win big in football, that gives a school extra money to upgrade facilities, which in turn makes a school more attractive for coaches in other sports

8 hours ago, wave21 said:

Brent is the only one who can bring the community together and bring back the pride in the young men.  We need a Gallatin man coaching our players, not anyone else.  This guy played in the NFL for over 10 years, he is a winner.  

Brent did not apply and like eers said has zero interest.  Get off that train cause it is not happening.  I completely disagree we need a Gallatin guy, we need a new attitude.