Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

8 hours ago, wave21 said:

You guys are so delusional.  I hear talk of endless talent in football. Not true!  Freshman won what 1 game and got blown out the rest, Shaffer won 1 game and got blown out the rest, I think Rucker went 8-0, thank goodness for them.  Guarantee you our rivals were better.  Everybody thinks hire top level coach, snap your fingers and we go 15-0 and win state.  In 2 years we will go to 6-A then no more Hillwood, Hunters Lane, and Glencliff.  Rutherford County schools will have over 2500 students even with the new school opening.  Look at how good Mount Juliet is and how many students they have, they beat us at every thing now.    Like I said earlier the other sports are pitiful and nobody cares.  Administration hires coaches in 15 minutes and then the losing starts.  Very discouraged with all of this.  

Mt Juliet building new school , Rutherford building new school, Sumner building new school, there is no guarantee Gallatin goes 6A with continued state growth, Luna just won his 500th game in basketball, softball is better than it has been in years and building on site field, baseball is doing good and not losing, golf is on par, fixing to add wrestling as a sport and track team does very well.  Indivuals compete at state in track and field.  Who is saying there is state championship level talent yearly??  Who, you maybe but not anyone who knows anything.  Why are you so high on Brent?  What has he done at this level because I have seen what he has done and I am not impressed.  Plus he has no desire.  

11 hours ago, wave21 said:

NOT SURE ABOUT GETTING A GOOD COACH. The question is when will we get a new athletic director and new principal..  Other than boys BB we are not competitive in other sports. We do not compete at a championship level in other sports like our rivals do.  You see Beech, Station Camp, and Hendersonville winning championships and going to the state level. What has happened to Gallatin?  Seems like all resources are being pumped into football, what about the other sports? Need new blood in the administration, tired of reading the Gallatin News and seeing us losing all the time. New football coach should be Brent Alexander and NO ONE ELSE.  He is the ONLY ONE QUALIFIED to get the Greenwave back to where we should be. WE SHOULD NEVER LOSE TO BEECH, HENDERSONVILLE, OR STATION CAMP EVER.

10 hours ago, wave21 said:

Brent is the only one who can bring the community together and bring back the pride in the young men.  WE NEED A GALLATIN MAN COACHING OUR PLAYERS. NOT ANYONE ELSE. THIS GUY PLAYED IN THE NFL FOR OVER 20 YEARS. HE IS A WINNER. 

The stuff I bolded are the reasons why you just simply are delusional. "Hire a Gallatin guy" "That or nothing else!" Let me ask you something. Was Coach Short a "Gallatin" guy? Or what about Coach Porter who was there for decades? They have seen the best times of Gallatin Football.

Yes Coach Lassiter was a Gallatin guy, and we had some good years with him. But he didn't get them to a title. & He had a couple teams that were overwhelmingly the most talented 5A/6A (back when 5A was largest classification) teams in the state, too.

You aren't going to beat your rivals every year....it just isn't going to happen. You said they should NEVER LOSE to them. You are delusional.

Do I personally think we should beat them more than we lose to them? Yes. But Hendersonville and Beech are two football teams who have combined to be in 6 State titles since 2000. Beech won two of those. They aren't easy wins by any means. We have the talent to do it though! But talent doesn't ALWAYS have to be the best around. Beech went to State last year and Semi finals this year, with not as much talent on the field as you would think. They are COACHED WELL, and work well as a unit.

And the NFL comment must be your last attempt. Brent was an awesome player for the Green Wave, and had an amazing NFL career. But that has not a thing to do with being a good high school football coach.

Retired Tennessee Titan  and super bowl 1-yard short man Kevin Dyson coached at Independence for a while and never won a title. Soon as he left they won a State Title. There are guys who have applied for this job who have won a lot more games than B.A., and are more than qualified.

Also I find it funny that you contradicted yourself. You say that Gallatin has "no talent" then go on to say we should always beat every single Sumner County rival. So which is it? ---Hopefully you wake up sober this morning is all I can say...

Edited by thegreatone36

Also. To anybody that comes in here claiming that I or any other Green Wave supporter said they will go 15-0, win state titles, and never lose --- quote it. Cause you wont find it and it hasn't been said.

There is a big difference between saying they have enough talent & resources for playoff wins, and an occasional run for state, Or saying they are the next Maryville dynasty. Get it right before making those claims. 

55 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Also. To anybody that comes in here claiming that I or any other Green Wave supporter said they will go 15-0, win state titles, and never lose --- quote it. Cause you wont find it and it hasn't been said.

There is a big difference between saying they have enough talent & resources for playoff wins, and an occasional run for state, Or saying they are the next Maryville dynasty. Get it right before making those claims. 

This right here!!! 

4 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

You have to read between the lines on that one!!  

There’s really no reading between the lines. I think it’s the best hire they could make and I know he has no interest. Very direct and no hidden message. I’m sure there have been some good coaches apply and who knows, they may get the next great one. From what I have been told though, the administration is neutral at best. They may be supportive, but they truly add nothing to the equation. I also heard that a hire is expected before the end of the semester. Any input on that?

22 minutes ago, eers said:

There’s really no reading between the lines. I think it’s the best hire they could make and I know he has no interest. Very direct and no hidden message. I’m sure there have been some good coaches apply and who knows, they may get the next great one. From what I have been told though, the administration is neutral at best. They may be supportive, but they truly add nothing to the equation. I also heard that a hire is expected before the end of the semester. Any input on that?

Playing in the NFL doesn't mean future success as a coach. Respect to Alexander for a great career, but Gallatin has several applicants that would be as good of a fit as anyone. IMO, they're gonna get it right this time

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eers said:

Give me a solid reason why Brent Alexander would be such a solid hire? Where is the facts? Show me his track record as a coach... One of the Gallatin's best, no doubt!!! But that in no way translates to being the next great head coach.

29 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Give me a solid reason why Brent Alexander would be such a solid hire? Where is the facts? Show me his track record as a coach... One of the Gallatin's best, no doubt!!! But that in no way translates to being the next great head coach.

I could give you several, but it’s all irrelevant because he’s not interested. I am not trying to make a case for him, simply said he would be the best hire they could get. 

Name who all he is a better candidate than? If you're going to make the statement that he is the best out here for Gallatin, you need to be able to back that up.

Jalen Hurd was a BEAST at Beech, and may be a good NFL player too very soon. Maybe when he retires, Beech should go directly to him to be head coach! 

Edited by thegreatone36
  • Upvote 1