Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

3 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Name who all he is a better candidate than? If you're going to make the statement that he is the best out here for Gallatin, you need to be able to back that up.

Jalen Hurd was a BEAST at Beech, and may be a good NFL player too very soon. Maybe when he retires, Beech should go directly to him to be head coach! 

I personally know Brent and I know that he could bring the needed support of the community. Let’s not forget the elephant in the corner... the kids would play for him and he would be a great role model for the kids. He has played for some great football minds (and men) and that has rubbed off on him. There’s a lot more to me saying it than “He played in the NFL”. There’s more problems in Gallatin than what meets the eye and can be seen from the surface. I’m not saying it’s not a good place to be, I have said from the beginning that I can be good and has a lot of the things needed to be successful. 

2 hours ago, eers said:

I personally know Brent and I know that he could bring the needed support of the community. Let’s not forget the elephant in the corner... the kids would play for him and he would be a great role model for the kids. He has played for some great football minds (and men) and that has rubbed off on him. There’s a lot more to me saying it than “He played in the NFL”. There’s more problems in Gallatin than what meets the eye and can be seen from the surface. I’m not saying it’s not a good place to be, I have said from the beginning that I can be good and has a lot of the things needed to be successful. 

If you know Brent then you also probably know Shawn Alexander and Markell Rice.  Both have cried racism and spewed hatred toward Gallatin coaches.  Unfortunately those are the types that Gallatin does not need.  This comes from Dontae Hall and his not playing QB when he was at Gallatin.  Funny because both Calvin and Doug have been to Gallatin games and even Doug coached here for a time.  Rice had been asked to quit trying to recruit players to JP2 and almost got SC in a ton of trouble when he talked a mom into transferring her son when he did not play where Rice thought he should.  Listen all this is common knowledge around those in the know.  Those are the types unfortunately that Alexander has around him and those Gallatin does not need.  But like you say, it does not matter.  Might as well be Nick Saban because neither want the job.  Brent had a chance when he came back to town and choose to go another route.  No hard feelings.  I know Brent and like him.  Respect his playing time in the NFL and his smarts.  Just not interested.  

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

If you know Brent then you also probably know Shawn Alexander and Markell Rice.  Both have cried racism and spewed hatred toward Gallatin coaches.  Unfortunately those are the types that Gallatin does not need.  This comes from Dontae Hall and his not playing QB when he was at Gallatin.  Funny because both Calvin and Doug have been to Gallatin games and even Doug coached here for a time.  Rice had been asked to quit trying to recruit players to JP2 and almost got SC in a ton of trouble when he talked a mom into transferring her son when he did not play where Rice thought he should.  Listen all this is common knowledge around those in the know.  Those are the types unfortunately that Alexander has around him and those Gallatin does not need.  But like you say, it does not matter.  Might as well be Nick Saban because neither want the job.  Brent had a chance when he came back to town and choose to go another route.  No hard feelings.  I know Brent and like him.  Respect his playing time in the NFL and his smarts.  Just not interested.  

I wasn't even going to mention all that stuff, but know all about it. Was a long time ago, but the shirt still smells the same. 

Just now, FridayMainEvent said:

I've heard Chad Watson's name at Northeast is in the running.   Has the list been narrowed yet?

Yes, I was told by a reliable source, the list has been narrowed from around 90 to about 10 guys, interviews are about to begin if they haven't already, the guys in the control center are keeping a tight handle on the list of 10, I am told any names mentioned is here say at this point. 

Just now, TCRadio said:

Yes, I was told by a reliable source, the list has been narrowed from around 90 to about 10 guys, interviews are about to begin if they haven't already, the guys in the control center are keeping a tight handle on the list of 10, I am told any names mentioned is here say at this point. 

Keep me updated is you get some insider info, partner.

• Upvote 1

Amazing! Becker says better cast of applicants than last time! Hard to believe, but will have to wait and see. Also, says has confidence in current staff. Does this mean they will all be staying! Again, williams was not the major problem. I agree with some of what wave21 is saying! Have no idea about Alexander, but agree with thoughts on adminnistrative decision making! No way names I am hearing are better than top 2 of seven years ago and I am no Creasy fan! LOOKS like MORE of SAME to me! Who and how many on committee and what is their expertise? I assume Becker has final say!

GO JACKETS!

1 hour ago, jimb1972 said:

Amazing! Becker says better cast of applicants than last time! Hard to believe, but will have to wait and see. Also, says has confidence in current staff. Does this mean they will all be staying! Again, williams was not the major problem. I agree with some of what wave21 is saying! Have no idea about Alexander, but agree with thoughts on adminnistrative decision making! No way names I am hearing are better than top 2 of seven years ago and I am no Creasy fan! LOOKS like MORE of SAME to me! Who and how many on committee and what is their expertise? I assume Becker has final say!

GO JACKETS!

I know of some of the names that are going to be interviewed. Gallatin fans won't be disappointed. The fact that you don't think much of Creasy tells me all I need to know. Gallatin could hire Nick Saban and you wouldn't be impressed

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gallatins Top 10

1. Mike McCarthy- he wouldn't have to change his wardrobe

2. Urban Meyer- St. Thomas West has some great cardiac doctors

3. Greg Schiano- ready to rekindle his magic like he did at Rutgers 

4. Art Briles- with all these playmakers on the team no telling how many points they would put up.

5. Butch Jones- a year under Saban and he is now ready to lead again

6. Hue Jackson- looking for a a team full of underachiever that is looking to be resurrected 

7. Derek Dooley- did you see his offense at Mizzou this year, 5A look out if he gets the gig

8. George Quarles- done leaving the Animal House lifestyle at Furman

9. Rick Stockstill- son is a senior at MTSU ready to go back to his roots at the HS level

10. Eric Taylor- been coaching in Pennsylvania for the last 10 years but looking to move back down south. Wife is a heck of an administrator 

If it is not from these 10 men then that HC doesn't deserve to gear the G on his chest.

• Like 1