Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

20 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Perry was as successful against Oakland for one reason.  Oakland was resting some key players for their second game against Maryville and hopefully at the time the Haven.

Who ever Gallatin gets I truly wish them good luck and would really like to see them a powerhouse again, which they COULD be.

One suggestion.  Get yourself a GREAT STRENGTH Coach as well as a HC.  Next schedule the entire teams PE period the last of the day and get them into the weight room for it.  Then after the weight period either PRACTICE during the allowed times by the T$$AA or devote a couple hours for 'conditioning' as in running and exercising together as a way to really get to know each other.

I would also suggest that Gallatin begin a wrestling program and have everyone not playing basketball wrestle.  I really helps the linemen with their footwork and how to use their hands.

1 hour ago, thegreatone36 said:

MidTenn, how true is it for the people saying that Oakland rested players, before a quarterfinal game, on the road against undefeated MJ who had just beat Blackman convincingly?

100% False. Get Oakland's roster from the TSSAA website and look at Storks highlight film from the game and you'll see that they all played. To insinuate that was poor form on LOD's part and disrespectful to MJ. You will never see Creasy intentionally bench a starter when the game is in doubt. You beat Blackman like a drum, your gonna get Oakland's full attention.

That goalline stand in the 2Q was a big moment. Oakland had all the momentum leading up to that. I'm not a fan of Perry, but respect has to be given. MJ was legit

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

I figured that, was just checking. Oakland was the best team in 6A without doubt. MJ was not far behind though.

No doubt, although Oakland leaving points on the field like that goalline stand created a situation like they had at the end of the game needing a stop. In my opinion, you take the points against a stingy defense, especially when you have a even better defense like Oakland did

• Like 1

'Resting' means not playing them EVERY play and playing them only one way instead of both ways.

Leaving them completely out is a whole different matter.

Also scoring low is sometimes done to lull future opponents, then running up the score is done to intimidate.

I will gladly give MJ credit for a really good goal line stance.  The lines strength was way greater this year over last years.  Now beware as you now have a target on your back.