Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

2 minutes ago, wtaylor said:

I agree, but if you will read some previous posts the Gallatin faithful has blatantly said “No” to a couple of names thrown out. If they are the best “fit” or not it is concerning when people do that before a hire is even made. Support the coach and staff and success will follow. That is true just about anywhere, but it takes true support and not just lip service.

Maybe those names were not the best fit in our opinion.  

Look, whoever gets it will get my full support.  

4 hours ago, wtaylor said:

Perry is the only “big name” I have heard, other than the metro coaches. Those guys have had some success, but I think they are winning with superior talent and losing in the playoffs once they run up against teams with similar talent and better coaching.

Well what's the difference of when the other coaches you've mentioned gets beat in the playoffs? They just got beat by a better team? They still are great coaches? Cut the bull I honestly think y'all don't think an African American coach will be welcomed in Gallatin. Cause you continue to talk about metro coaches and they have accomplished more than the guys you've named even Perry . So cut the crap about metro coaches would be a down grade. Their days is 10x harder than a Macon county , trousdale , or Sumner county day . So don't discredit their coaching . I know of one of the metro coaches that interviewed got the job , Gallatin kids  would run through a wall for him and they would get better instantly . Coaching is relationships , x/o s , and culture . Which is what's needed in Gallatin . Good luck to Gallatin on the search . Some of you guys are idiots 

4 minutes ago, Hurricane717 said:

Well what's the difference of when the other coaches you've mentioned gets beat in the playoffs? They just got beat by a better team? They still are great coaches? Cut the bull I honestly think y'all don't think an African American coach will be welcomed in Gallatin. Cause you continue to talk about metro coaches and they have accomplished more than the guys you've named even Perry . So cut the crap about metro coaches would be a down grade. Their days is 10x harder than a Macon county , trousdale , or Sumner county day . So don't discredit their coaching . I know of one of the metro coaches that interviewed got the job , Gallatin kids  would run through a wall for him and they would get better instantly . Coaching is relationships , x/o s , and culture . Which is what's needed in Gallatin . Good luck to Gallatin on the search . Some of you guys are idiots 

I'll take an African American Coach in a heartbeat. I'll take anybody who can come here and win. And their skin tone plays zero factor in that....My favorite coach in high school was no other than Gallatin's own "Bubba Dunn". He was a beast on the football field, went pro in baseball, and my hands hurt after every ball I ever caught from him. RIP Bubba

35 minutes ago, wtaylor said:

I agree, but if you will read some previous posts the Gallatin faithful has blatantly said “No” to a couple of names thrown out. If they are the best “fit” or not it is concerning when people do that before a hire is even made. Support the coach and staff and success will follow. That is true just about anywhere, but it takes true support and not just lip service.

Williams was HC at Gallatin for 7 seasons. Not like they made a snap decision. Support is something Gallatin has never lacked. I think most Gallatin posters on here have a good idea of what kind of coach it would take to win there. Their expectations are not unreasonable

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hurricane717 said:

I will put it like this, give some of those coaches the talent Brunetti or Broome had at a 3A/4A level and there would at least be a silver ball in the trophy case. I have watched Pearl lose for 4-5 straight years in the playoffs with superior talent.  An African American may be just what Gallatin needs to reach the kids on a personal level, but I can promise from a pure coaching standpoint Broome or Brunetti would be downgrades from Williams. 

13 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

I'll take an African American Coach in a heartbeat. I'll take anybody who can come here and win. And their skin tone plays zero factor in that....My favorite coach in high school was no other than Gallatin's own "Bubba Dunn". He was a beast on the football field, went pro in baseball, and my hands hurt after every ball I ever caught from him. RIP Bubba

I know you don't have an issue with it by the way you talk on here. You just have a deep love for Gallatin and want to see them get back to the good days . That's what matters to you and that's what should matter . It's the other posters that have been talking ridiculously. I say the best coach for the program that believes Gallatin should be the job no matter skin color or where they have been previously .

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, wtaylor said:

I will put it like this, give some of those coaches the talent Brunetti or Broome had at a 3A/4A level and there would at least be a silver ball in the trophy case. I have watched Pearl lose for 4-5 straight years in the playoffs with superior talent.  An African American may be just what Gallatin needs to reach the kids on a personal level, but I can promise from a pure coaching standpoint Broome or Brunetti would be downgrades from Williams. 

They both have a silver ball so what is your point ? Gallatins team 2017 and 2016 were loaded and Broome or Brunetti would have had them last second round of can guarantee that . Didn't Broome beat Macon County several times over the past years ? Since you're so highly of those guys? Athletes are nice to have but you still have to coach . Those coaches lose to other teams as well with better or equal talent or they get out coached too.  There's only one winner at the end of the year . Broome has beat marshall county as well and they had equal athletes as well. So continue you on with your point 

It's kind of getting away from the focus. No matter what any one opinion is , Gallatin will get THEIR guy. I agree metro does have many good coaches head and assistants. Broome and Brunetti being two. Anyone can lose on any given day... Like Gallatin did to SC. It just happens . Stratford also beat Fairview and almost beat Covington . One game doesn't define coaching. Relax and let Gallatin admin and trust do their job .

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

I could care less about skin color.  That plays no part in it to me.  I want the best guy we can get period.  

I too miss Bubba.  He was a special kind of person and the world needs more people like him.