Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

2 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Good post and not to forget that with enrollment numbers triple the numbers they have 15 and 16 coaching assistants who only coach football. Come to a 2A school and see how many coaching hats our coaches have to wear besides football.

We are not 5 deep at every position either. If the injury bug hits we are sunk. Our athletes are usually multi sport players too.

We are year in and year out a storied program and in the hunt for gold. Gallatin has not been relevant for decades. If we had Gallatin's athletes at TC and their numbers we would be filling up the trophy case. 

Do not forget that little old TC beat Gallatin either. 

Being a 5A/6A school presents some challenges too. Your under a microscope alot more than TC ever will be. The number of teams in 5A in the hunt every year greatly outnumbers what TC will have to deal with. More high end talent means you have to manage egos/drama at some points during the season. Gallatin also has had to deal with areas counties around them growing exponentially over the years, a problem TC does not share since 2A is mostly rural schools

Being in a bigger class means you also have to manage expectations sometimes bc there is a good chance you face a team that is better. You guys were ready to run off your coach this season, exactly the kind of hysteric behavior some TC fans have accused Gallatin of. It's not black and white, if you have Gallatin's talent your still not winning any titles going against championship level teams in 5A or 6A.

Check my posts. I was behind Coach Wagg 100% of the way. He brought discipline where it needed to be. 

I am a huge Creasy fan and always will be. Yes there is pressure  in 6A but the IB program at Oakland makes it real easy to legally recruit.

Nashville Christian was in our region. Three players there were D1 calibur playing against 1 and 2 A schools. You should know one, Myers. 

We consistently had to play private schools within our region to make it to the playoffs. You guys did not. We also had 9 region teams.

You big boy blow hards . Ask Creasy where he felt more pressure to win and he will tell you TC. 

Just take it for what it is. Trousdale is a championship caliber 1A/2A powerhouse. They would have zero trophies in the case if they played AAA when that was the largest classification. Zero in the case when 5A was the largest. Zero now that 6A is the largest. Imagine competing with Gallatin in the 80's & 90's for a state championship. Imagine having to compete with those Oak Ridge and Riverdale teams that dominated. Imagine having to go through Maryville Oakland & Whitehaven now. The Williamson County Schools. Just saying. Feel blessed that the level of competition to get those Gold Balls was not the teams I just mentioned.

1 hour ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Check my posts. I was behind Coach Wagg 100% of the way. He brought discipline where it needed to be. 

I am a huge Creasy fan and always will be. Yes there is pressure  in 6A but the IB program at Oakland makes it real easy to legally recruit.

Nashville Christian was in our region. Three players there were D1 calibur playing against 1 and 2 A schools. You should know one, Myers. 

We consistently had to play private schools within our region to make it to the playoffs. You guys did not. We also had 9 region teams.

You big boy blow hards . Ask Creasy where he felt more pressure to win and he will tell you TC. 

Not sure how this got turned into a Oakland conversation when you specifically said TC would be filling up the trophy case if TC were in Gallatin's shoes. Calling people blowhards when your instantly assuming TC would win at the same level in 5A/6A under a HYPOTHETICAL is a little hypocritical. Not against small schools, but bigger isn't always better and presents it's own set of challenges and are not held under a microscope like bigger, high profile programs

I get sick of people in higher divisions acting so superior. 

I never said we would win in 6A. I said IF we had the talent that 6A has we could win gold. There are gifted athletes in the lower divisions and excellent coaches. There is pressure everywhere. At TC the whole town turns out for games, scrimmages, AND practices. That is pressure. True pressure . Plus the superintendent is there as well, you may know his name. It is Clint Satterfield of the coaching Satterfield family legends. 

Edited by jimmycrackedthatcorn
  • Upvote 1

Trousdale is a special place. They have been very successful in the lower classifications. Probably have a chance to win it again. You dont have 6A numbers. You dont have the size of a 6A school. That is why you play in the 2A class. You dont have to worry about going through a big school to get that gold ball. So I wouldn't even worry about it. Worry about the teams that you DO have to go through to get the trophy.

And try not to run off good coaching, before the good coaches begin to see a common trend of complaining. TC is the "Jerry Jones" of 2A football. Let the coach be the head coach.

• Upvote 1

On 2/2/2019 at 12:37 PM, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Nashville Christian was in our region. Three players there were D1 calibur playing against 1 and 2 A schools. You should know one, Xavier Myers. If he was able to excel with 6A athletes and win all kinds of awards, imagine the pressure in 2A and  1A?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Trousdale is a special place. They have been very successful in the lower classifications. Probably have a chance to win it again. You dont have 6A numbers. You dont have the size of a 6A school. That is why you play in the 2A class. You dont have to worry about going through a big school to get that gold ball. So I wouldn't even worry about it. Worry about the teams that you DO have to go through to get the trophy.

And try not to run off good coaching, before the good coaches begin to see a common trend of complaining. TC is the "Jerry Jones" of 2A football. Let the coach be the head coach.

I have said it many times for Clint to back OFF!!

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 3:01 PM, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I get sick of people in higher divisions acting so superior. 

I never said we would win in 6A. I said IF we had the talent that 6A has we could win gold. There are gifted athletes in the lower divisions and excellent coaches. There is pressure everywhere. At TC the whole town turns out for games, scrimmages, AND practices. That is pressure. True pressure . Plus the superintendent is there as well, you may know his name. It is Clint Satterfield of the coaching Satterfield family legends. 

Never said they were superior. But playing in the larger levels has it's own set of challenges, just like playing in the lower classes has it's different set of challenges. There are great players/coaches at every level, and defending one position meaning your criticizing another. I do enjoy the lower levels a little bit more bc their traditions/environment remain intact but with the larger schools, you get to see more of the kids who will be playing on Saturdays and maybe even Sundays

On 2/5/2019 at 8:11 PM, Rustyf79 said:

I watched the Facebook live segment on Saturday with Coach Watson on the WHIN page. Definitely seems like he has a great plan going forward.  I’m excited to see what he will build with the football program. 

I thought it was a good interview as well.  He has definitely played the PR card well.  It was interesting to hear him say that he had never been on radio before.  Well it has just started my friend.