Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

7 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Let me guess. Because he wouldn't leave Upperman take take a major step "down" to Gallatin....

No, I think there’s better for Gallatin. You have me wrong allnof the sudden. There are great coaches out there that would love to come here, I just don’t think it’s any of the ones mentioned previously. Perry before MJ, yes. Creasy before Oakland, yes. Now, neither one would be interested. It has potential to be great, but it’s gojng to take some work. I don’t see a reason to go backwards and leaving MJ, Oakland or Beech would be backwards at this time. 

54 minutes ago, eers said:

No, I think there’s better for Gallatin. You have me wrong allnof the sudden. There are great coaches out there that would love to come here, I just don’t think it’s any of the ones mentioned previously. Perry before MJ, yes. Creasy before Oakland, yes. Now, neither one would be interested. It has potential to be great, but it’s gojng to take some work. I don’t see a reason to go backwards and leaving MJ, Oakland or Beech would be backwards at this time. 

Come here???  You live in Gallatin?  

1 hour ago, eers said:

100% Crabtree isn’t interested. He would have less interest than Perry. A lot has changed since 2011, I assure you  

You really know how to downplay Alexander. He never considered the DC job and if you were told otherwise, your source was wrong or lied. It had nothing to do with not being able to commit. I’m not going to go into details about it, but A LOT would have to change for that to even be a possibility. 

I bet Creasy is happy he didn’t get it...

I don’t think my source did either of those.  It was before he got to JP2.  But you know I never have asked him personally about it but next time I talk to him, I will ask him about it. 

You sure do have a lot of interest in a job for a team that you do not even pull for.  

10 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I don’t think my source did either of those.  It was before he got to JP2.  But you know I never have asked him personally about it but next time I talk to him, I will ask him about it. 

You sure do have a lot of interest in a job for a team that you do not even pull for.  

Well, I have. 

Interest? Heck maybe I’ll apply. 

16 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Let me guess. Because he wouldn't leave Upperman take take a major step "down" to Gallatin....

I think it is very possible a good coach from a lower class takes the job.  And I think the guy from Upperman could be on that list.  The guy from Watertown too.  

Gallatin is not the job that it “used to be” and coaches know this.  Everyone is shouting big names but it’s just not going to happen.  Gallatin is a middle of the road football program in a big time football area where unfortunately for them athletes are shared and not stockpiled as they once were.  It’s a 5-5, 6-4, 7-3 on a good year type of program.

26 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Gallatin is not the job that it “used to be” and coaches know this.  Everyone is shouting big names but it’s just not going to happen.  Gallatin is a middle of the road football program in a big time football area where unfortunately for them athletes are shared and not stockpiled as they once were.  It’s a 5-5, 6-4, 7-3 on a good year type of program.

Were you saying that before the last hire in 2012? Because the norm then was 9-1, 8-2, 7-3. And the only thing that has changed since that was the head coach. Try again. I get that it isnt the 90's any longer and 1 loss yearly dominance isn't the norm anymore, but they have plenty of talent to make playoff runs more often than not.

Edited by thegreatone36