Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

9 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I am mad that he was not hired 7 years ago. I think he would have been great then.  Nobody is saying  that Gallatin has this plethora of D1 talent running around.  Not one person has said that.  We have all said there is more talent here that would equate to more wins then what the past few years have produced.  Example taking a 6-5 team to 8-4 or a 7-4 team to 9-2.  That is very possible and realistic.  Nobody thinks you can produce, and I will say it for the 100th time, that you are expected or can produce semi finalist or finalist every year at Gallatin.  That has never been what anyone has said or implied on this thread.  And for the record I feel very good about getting a really good coach this time around.  

History says Gallatin is FAR from a .500 type of program whether people want to admit it or not. One good hire could flip the script. 

24 minutes ago, jimb1972 said:

And, had you hired Creasy his record would be nowhere near what it is at Oakland!

GO JACKETS!

His record wouldn't be what it is at Oakland if he were at Brentwood Academey, MJ, Whitehaven, Blackman, Beech, Hville, Riverdale, do you want me to keep going? Jacket fan just do a TON of barking up other people's tree...

Edited by thegreatone36

43 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

History says Gallatin is FAR from a .500 type of program whether people want to admit it or not. One good hire could flip the script. 

Very far from it!!  Records show Gallatin has won a lot and not just the Short or Barron years either.  They have been consistently a very strong program with a great tradition.  The early 60’s were bleak but 10 years later they were feared after a coaching change!!

41 minutes ago, jimb1972 said:

Who you guys got? Not hearing much at work! Fans usually have some idea! Wasn't there a committee last go round (Maybe they get it right this time) How many applied? 50, 10, 5! 

GO JACKETS!

I can for certain tell you there were 85 to 90 applicants, and that number has been narrowed to 8 very solid guys.  Interviews will start very soon, there is a committee of maybe 4 or 5 that will do those.  For sure Gallatin will have a strong coach in place, most likely by the first of the year, don't be surprised at who just might land there.

I have no doubt there are quality applicants! BUT, I question whether "the Committee" can get it done! Are they different people? For Green Wave sake, I hope so! Last go round was a strikeout, maybe they hit homerun this time! Hearing some things on my end, but will wait and see! Good luck!

GO JACKETS!

41 minutes ago, jimb1972 said:

I have no doubt there are quality applicants! BUT, I question whether "the Committee" can get it done! Are they different people? For Green Wave sake, I hope so! Last go round was a strikeout, maybe they hit homerun this time! Hearing some things on my end, but will wait and see! Good luck!

GO JACKETS!

There was no commitee last time.  Haven’t we been over this already??