Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

5 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

If I were GHS, I would be looking at TC’s current coach.  He has a coached at a division 1 college, so the stage definitely want be to big for him! He seems to run a tight ship and it seems he know how to inspire his players!

From what I’ve heard he will be looking for a job at the end of their season and if he isn’t I bet he wouldn’t be to hard to sway!

IMO he’s a great coach who is truly under appreciated at TC

I am a fan of Wagg. I like that he kicked off a discipline problem and suspended another player for most of the season. That took guts. 

I do think Coach Jsckson, former Jacket assistant and now At Oakland would be a good fit. Do not hold it against him because he is a gordy grad. 

Edited by jimmycrackedthatcorn

15 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I am a fan of Wagg. I like that he kicked off a discipline problem and suspended another player for most of the season. 

I do think Coach Jsckson, former Jacket assistant and now At Oakland would be a good fit. Do not hold it against him because he is a gordy grad. 

Hard to be a coach at TC. I would assume the pay is sub par from some of the surrounding counties.

You have to coach with a TC legend looking over your shoulder, who probably still has his hands on the program more than he should.

The fan base / parents IMO have unreal expectations and I am sure if something is going on with little Johnny (lack of playing time  or whatever) they are trying to go over the coaches head and talking to Satterfield. 

Its hard to coach or lead in that kind of environment. Especially if Satterfield doesn’t have his back!

I don’t know him personally, but from everything I have heard and seen, he is a good coach and a even better LEADER!

Edited by H2Oman

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

Hard to be a coach at TC. I would assume the pay is sub par from some of the surrounding counties.

You have to coach with a TC legend looking over your shoulder, who probably still has his hands on the program more than he should.

The fan base / parents IMO have unreal expectations and I am sure if something is going on with little Johnny (lack of playing time  or whatever) they are trying to go over the coaches head and talking to Satterfield. 

Its hard to coach or lead in that kind of environment. Especially if Satterfield doesn’t have his back!

I don’t know him personally, but from everything I have heard and seen, he is a good coach and a even better LEADER!

The expectations and demands are unreal.

Satterfield is up in the pressbox every game. Need I say more? 

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

The kids at Gallatin would eat him alive. No way he is the coach. If he would have lost to Watertown last week, he was gone from TC.

8 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Agreed with the last part of your statement, but I am not sure about your intro.

I’m sure his kids had heard that too and came out and played inspired ball for their coach!

Heck if he can coach at Georgia Tech, I would assume he could handle little ole Gallatin.  

I truly think he is a winner and more than that a Great Leader! If TC loses him, I guarantee you that their loss will be someone else’s gain!

1 minute ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I was not on board at first with the hire. I just did not think he could make the transition from college to 2A ball. He had some growing pains but I think the team is headed in the right direction now. TC fans are a fickle bunch. 

Do you think Stephen Jackson has a shot at Gallatin? 

My initial thought is no, but who knows what they’re thinking. 

It’s hard to say who will be interested as well. I’ve heard there’s some things going against hiring a proven commodity. I’ve heard they intend to keep the entire staff, some say Becker is hard to work for, and then there’s the no facial hair and certain hairstyle issue. 

1 minute ago, eers said:

It’s hard to say who will be interested as well. I’ve heard there’s some things going against hiring a proven commodity. I’ve heard they intend to keep the entire staff, some say Becker is hard to work for, and then there’s the no facial hair and certain hairstyle issue. 

No facial hair for coaches or for players? 

15 minutes ago, eers said:

I think you are not hearing everything.  Who said they were keeping the entire staff?  Give me a name.