Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

And what does facial hair have to do with football?????

I guess the point is it’s 2018 and the kids want to be like their peers (haircuts and what’s allowed/not allowed).  Not allowing coaches to have facial hair is nothing more than a power trip. Maybe it’s not a big deal on the surface, but what’s the underlying reason. Seems to me it’s about control and if they make a big deal of that, what else is the work environment like? 

Just thinking out loud  

2 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

I think you are not hearing everything.  Who said they were keeping the entire staff?  Give me a name.  

Reading between the lines in what Dr. Becker said... name an interim from within... having full faith in the current staff... no rush or timeline. Williams is staying in as a teacher (don’t get me wrong, I think he either has another job or will be looking). 

Just don’t feel good. In regards to the hair policy, I know firsthand there are kids that aren’t coming out because of that. I know there are people who will say you don’t need them, but who knows what’s walking the halls and are turned off by that? 

For an aspiring coach, none of this may matter. For an established coach at an established program, it may. 

Listen Gallatin administration. I do not care if the man looks like Willie Nelson, A purple haired fairy wizard, or Mr Clean. You find a proven football coach and put him in green. Anything else, and YOU as an administration will be the one judged by this entire county, not the guy with or without hair follicles. Get it right this time.

30 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Listen Gallatin administration. I do not care if the man looks like Willie Nelson, A purple haired fairy wizard, or Mr Clean. You find a proven football coach and put him in green. Anything else, and YOU as an administration will be the one judged by this entire county, not the guy with or without hair follicles. Get it right this time.

I believe there will be a ton of good candidates and I also believe there will be several with opinions on who to hire.  I also believe that you can not afford to make a bad hire at this juncture.  A proven winner that knows how to build a system.  

6 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I believe there will be a ton of good candidates and I also believe there will be several with opinions on who to hire.  I also believe that you can not afford to make a bad hire at this juncture.  A proven winner that knows how to build a system.  

I really hope they do, but I’m not so sure they will.