Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

If I were a coach, I’d be licking my chops at this job.. I’m looking at the bigger picture. What can it be instead of where the program is now? Imo the potential is there to be a top program.

People can say what they want but if the right guy gets in there, Gallatin will once again be a problem for most teams they play.

Edited by CommandoBlood100

1 minute ago, CommandoBlood100 said:

If I were a coach, I’m looking at the bigger picture. What can it be instead of where the program is now? Imo the potential is there to be a top program.

People can say what they want but if the right guy gets in there, Gallatin will once again be a problem for most teams they play.

And that is what any qualified coach will think as well. 

You make good points, and have an unbiased opinion being that you are a Hendersonville fan. The ones who think 5-5 is a normal thing here just proves their blindness. I think you guys are headed a good direction as well. 

Gallatin has some big advantages over most other programs.

1 tradition of excellence going back for decades, following the greatness established by Coaches Barron, Short, Lassiter

2 great community support

3 tough kids willing to work and be dedicated to the program

4 there is a pipeline of players from youth leagues to middle school to GHS

5 there is an expectation to win and there is no reason not to

I played against and coached against Gallatin and have immense respect for them. I am somewhat jealous that I never was part of a program with such tradition. I hope they return to prominence. HS football in middle TN is better with GHS competing for a gold ball.

Thanks for the words towards this program. We sure would like to see it be what we know it CAN be as well. This city is ready to believe once again. 

HEAR ME OUT:

In my personal opinion, I believe Gallatin football is a lot like Tennessee Volunteer Football, but in a High School perspective & here's why.

1. Both have a RICH WINNING TRADITION. Towards the top at win/loss record. 

2. Both have MULTIPLE CHAMPIONSHIPS, and last one was in the 90's for both. 

3. Both made one coaching hire ultimately started putting both into a hole

4. Both programs still have the POTENTIAL & RESOURCES to get back to to the top once again

5. Both have a large fanbase.

6. Both have a few people who think neither will ever be anything of importance

Edited by thegreatone36

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

Gallatin is not the job that it “used to be” and coaches know this.  Everyone is shouting big names but it’s just not going to happen.  Gallatin is a middle of the road football program in a big time football area where unfortunately for them athletes are shared and not stockpiled as they once were.  It’s a 5-5, 6-4, 7-3 on a good year type of program.

Gallatin is not what it used to be, that is true.  But what is far from true is the fact that 5-5, 6-4, 7-3 are the good years.  Gallatin has a LONG tradition of winning and I assure you those days can be revived with the right hire.  Most of that talent was home grown and there is still a ton in the pipeline that does not look to be drained anytime soon.  With the way the town is growing, you should be able to get back to winning really quick.  The potential is sky high here and most know it!  

8 minutes ago, eers said:

I'm not sure the answer has to be a current Head Coach.  There are a couple former Beech coaches (coordinators) that would be good hires. You don't have to go too far to get good coaches.

Maybe not.  I am sure there are a few great head coaches that are assistants right now.  My point is at this juncture you need a track record of success.  Good coordinators don’t always make good head coaches.  Gallatin has done the experiment route, now it is time to go get a proven winner.  

38 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Maybe not.  I am sure there are a few great head coaches that are assistants right now.  My point is at this juncture you need a track record of success.  Good coordinators don’t always make good head coaches.  Gallatin has done the experiment route, now it is time to go get a proven winner.  

Unfortunately, I believe my coach was a big factor/pusher to get Coach W the head coach position in 2012. He thought he would be the man for the job. 

25 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Possibly, but I would venture to say there are assistants that would be as good/better fits for the position.  Success at one program doesn't necessarily equate to success at the next.  Program size and dynamics of different jobs will weigh in.  I would rather have a coordinator from a successful 5-6A program than a successful HC from a 1-3A program.  I know an argument can be made either way, but that's my opinion on it. 

Several Assistants that would make my list:

Brooks - DC Riverdale, formerly Beech and Smyrna - State championship experience
Powell - Summerville (SC), formerly Beech and another large school in NC - State championship experience
Bever - OL Beech - State championship experience
Bundy - Not currently coaching
Abner - DC Mt Juliet
Lopez - Not sure
Jackson - DC Oakland

A couple of those may be stretches and they may have no interest, but could bring a lot to the program, including the fact I believe each of those bring a good staff.  As much as we want to look at the HCs, the staff they would bring with them is just as important.  All the wins and losses can't be on the HC, they just put the right pieces together.

Eers I agree, a staff is equally important as the coach who comes. I think some Gallatin bloodline can a good thing, but how many current Green Wavers - currently within the program have gotten complacent with the program? May not be what they want to hear, but they need to start winning sooner than later to get that Gallatin "Mystique" back. Another "buddy" deal at head coach for 7 more years and it may be hard to recover. 

40 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Eers I agree, a staff is equally important as the coach who comes. I think some Gallatin bloodline can a good thing, but how many current Green Wavers - currently within the program have gotten complacent with the program? May not be what they want to hear, but they need to start winning sooner than later to get that Gallatin "Mystique" back. Another "buddy" deal at head coach for 7 more years and it may be hard to recover. 

Agreed.  I think the new coach will keep some people, but will want HIS core people.