Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

1 minute ago, thegreatone36 said:

What is reality to you? My reality is to win atleast every other time we play a region foe like bhs, hhs, mj. To make a deep playoff run every couple/three years or so. Make a run for state once in a while. Nobody has said win a title and win it now. So. Explain to me how the Green Wave fanbase is out of touch with reality? That is realistic goals. And as far as our records against foes and the past pure domination & winning tradition I have brought up, that is concrete facts that I'd love for you to try and prove wrong. So, where are we SO OUT OF TOUCH?  :|

Posters like these is why no one with a reputation record as a HC will touch this job.

1 minute ago, District12AA said:

Posters like these is why no one with a reputation record as a HC will touch this job.

I am a poster who was on the winning end of a lot of games against our foes, and the big bad scary Boro teams. I'm not out of touch with reality. My group was not scared of these schools when we played these guys. And that was not too long ago. As much as you'd like your statement to be true about coaches, it's still an attractive program for some coaches to look at, and you'll just have to deal with that.

Ton of upside, but I think where the disconnect is with Gallatin supporters and those of us that aren’t... Gallatin supporters see it as a top echelon program and the rest of us don’t. Was it once? Yes. Can it be again? Yes. Is it now? No. 

Theres the disconnect and why Gallatin fans come across the wrong way to some.  Glad you feel that way about it, but you have to be realistic in what you expect.  Not from wins and losses, but this coaching search. I read someone compare Gallatin to UT and there may be some truth to that. You didn’t see big names lining up at the door for their most recent search and UT has won a National Championship since Gallatin won a state championship. 

I believe if the administration does its job correctly, Gallatin can get a very good coach and see success in a short timeframe. I still don’t believe it’s a draw for an established 5-6A coach that is making deep runs in the playoffs. Get a good assistant that has something to prove. One that wants to take Gallatin to the top. Give him the support he needs and help him grow it. 

To me it comes down to does the administration know enough about football to be able to determine if a candidate truly knows football? Or is it more about “feel good”?

5 hours ago, eers said:

Ton of upside, but I think where the disconnect is with Gallatin supporters and those of us that aren’t... Gallatin supporters see it as a top echelon program and the rest of us don’t. Was it once? Yes. Can it be again? Yes. Is it now? No. 

Theres the disconnect and why Gallatin fans come across the wrong way to some.  Glad you feel that way about it, but you have to be realistic in what you expect.  Not from wins and losses, but this coaching search. I read someone compare Gallatin to UT and there may be some truth to that. You didn’t see big names lining up at the door for their most recent search and UT has won a National Championship since Gallatin won a state championship. 

I believe if the administration does its job correctly, Gallatin can get a very good coach and see success in a short timeframe. I still don’t believe it’s a draw for an established 5-6A coach that is making deep runs in the playoffs. Get a good assistant that has something to prove. One that wants to take Gallatin to the top. Give him the support he needs and help him grow it. 

To me it comes down to does the administration know enough about football to be able to determine if a candidate truly knows football? Or is it more about “feel good”?

We dont think it is the top echelon right now. That's pretty easy to see by the record lately. But I only try to make the point of showing why yet it is still an attractive job. Any time a coach can see the potential, that's a good reason to be interested. They aren't lacking talent, resources, or eager fan support. They have enough of those 3 to be a successful program.

Some of you take these words and try to somehow spin it into me saying we will beat you guys and other school every time we play all rivals. Yet I never said that nor do I think that. But based off what I see on the field, there is no reason we couldn't win many more games with the right coaching staff without a doubt.

In the last 7 years, I cannot even pinpoint 1 game that I could stand back and say "wow Gallatin won that game simply because they outcoached and out-schemed the other team"

If they won a football game, it was simply and ONLY because they had more talent than the team across from them. 

So, What if a really good coaching staff came in? And they win the ones they are "supposed to", and also win some they "aren't" supposed to? Beech does it all the time! But if a Gallatin fan says something like that, were claimed to be "out of touch with reality" by some...:flower:

Edited by thegreatone36

5 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I agree with thegreatone36 on this. Those are pretty reasonable goals for Gallatin. With the right coach, that's probably underachieving, just making a deep run every so often

Thank you. That isn't a pipe dream to go as far in the playoffs as talent can take you with some good coaching.

17 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

We dont think it is the top echelon right now. That's pretty easy to see by the record lately. But I only try to make the point of showing why yet it is still an attractive job. Any time a coach can see the potential, that's a good reason to be interested. They aren't lacking talent, resources, or eager fan support. They have enough of those 3 to be a successful program.

Some of you take these words and try to somehow spin it into me saying we will beat you guys and other school every time we play all rivals. Yet I never said that nor do I think that. But based off what I see on the field, there is no reason we couldn't win many more games with the right coaching staff without a doubt.

In the last 7 years, I cannot even pinpoint 1 game that I could stand back and say "wow Gallatin won that game simply because they outcoached and out-schemed the other team"

If they won a football game, it was simply and ONLY because they had more talent than the team across from them. 

So, What if a really good coaching staff came in? And they win the ones they are "supposed to", and also win some they "aren't" supposed to? Beech does it all the time! But if a Gallatin fan says something like that, were claimed to be "out of touch with reality" by some...:flower:

This is absolutely true.  100% my feelings on this.  

• Like 1