Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

thegreatone36

Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

Recommended Posts

Hate to see it! Maybe committe will do better job this time. Top 2 from last go around are not going to be available. Where do they turn? TP, CG, JJ, RP? Offering any incentives? Best wishes to Coach Williams who is a fine individual! Pressure must have been put on Principal, so sad!

GO JACKETS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Oh it's definitely still a great place to coach with great potential. The community and business support is through the roof, if you play winning football. The program was in great shape during the last coaching search, but just not sure the correct hire was made that go-round. Now it will take a year or 2 to build into a performer. Talent is still there. 

It's 2-3 years and support needs to remain through those first couple of years.  It will be interesting to see who they have to choose from this time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jimb1972 said:

Hate to see it! Maybe committe will do better job this time. Top 2 from last go around are not going to be available. Where do they turn? TP, CG, JJ, RP? Offering any incentives? Best wishes to Coach Williams who is a fine individual! Pressure must have been put on Principal, so sad!

GO JACKETS!

JJ at Goodpasture????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the pay is as good as surrounding counties. I talked to one of my coaching buddys in Sumner county and the pay might be a setback on getting an established Head coach.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jimb1972 said:

Hate to see it! Maybe committe will do better job this time. Top 2 from last go around are not going to be available. Where do they turn? TP, CG, JJ, RP? Offering any incentives? Best wishes to Coach Williams who is a fine individual! Pressure must have been put on Principal, so sad!

GO JACKETS!

What about CS ? Jim 

Think he still has the coaching itch? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

JJ at Goodpasture????

I'm assuming that's who he's talking about.

TP and RP? Perry?  Don't see that happening.

Not sure who CG is.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, jimb1972 said:

Hate to see it! Maybe committe will do better job this time. Top 2 from last go around are not going to be available. Where do they turn? TP, CG, JJ, RP? Offering any incentives? Best wishes to Coach Williams who is a fine individual! Pressure must have been put on Principal, so sad!

GO JACKETS!

There was no committee last time.  Don’t be surprised at who may apply.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing about Gallatin, is the town and fans care about football and winning as much as anybody in Middle. Just because the past few seasons haven't been successful doesn't change the fact that this city gets behind the football team. Gallatin had a indoor facility and huge weightroom before about anybody else around, including privates. And that came from all the supporters and boosters. Not from the Sumner Board.

Edited by thegreatone36
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GWAVE1 said:

There was no committee last time.  Don’t be surprised at who may apply.  

I'm sure there will be a lot of "surprises" on this one, however Gallatin will be moving up to 6A and I see know reason TP/RP would be interested.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eers said:

I'm sure there will be a lot of "surprises" on this one, however Gallatin will be moving up to 6A and I see know reason TP/RP would be interested.

 

Roger wanted it way back when. He has been at Gallatin before. Doesn't mean he wants it now, just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Roger wanted it way back when. He has been at Gallatin before. Doesn't mean he wants it now, just saying.

I just don't see that one happening.  Trey is sitting on a pretty good gig at MJ right now.  Not sure what Gallatin offers beyond what he has right now.  More athletes? Perhaps, but it would be a rebuild and he's doing pretty good with what he has right now.

I have several that I believe would be great fits there, but don't know that any of them will apply or even have interest.  Will Gallatin actively pursue someone or just sit back and see who applies?  Are they looking for an existing HC or a coordinator with success and experience?  Will it be an internal hire or someone outside the program with no ties?

Too many questions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eers said:

I just don't see that one happening.  Trey is sitting on a pretty good gig at MJ right now.  Not sure what Gallatin offers beyond what he has right now.  More athletes? Perhaps, but it would be a rebuild and he's doing pretty good with what he has right now.

I have several that I believe would be great fits there, but don't know that any of them will apply or even have interest.  Will Gallatin actively pursue someone or just sit back and see who applies?  Are they looking for an existing HC or a coordinator with success and experience?  Will it be an internal hire or someone outside the program with no ties?

Too many questions...

I know of one that what would be a great fit imo.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...