Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

2 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

You have to know the history.  

I will admit I do not know his personal history with Gallatin. I do know that Mt. Juliet is 31-5 the last three years in the states highest classification and was hands down the second best team in 6A this year. If there are others better than this to apply let’s hear them. 

I have heard: Perry, Watson, Wilson, Waggoner, Brunetti, Broome. 

4 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

I don’t know why he’d want to leave Mt. Juliet for Gallatin.  

People I know in Wilson County say the new school is splitting the Mt. Juliet zone and he will lose some athletes. Also heard he may consider just moving to the new school once it opens. Coaches go where the talent is.

3 minutes ago, wtaylor said:

I will admit I do not know his personal history with Gallatin. I do know that Mt. Juliet is 31-5 the last three years in the states highest classification and was hands down the second best team in 6A this year. If there are others better than this to apply let’s hear them. 

I have heard: Perry, Watson, Wilson, Waggoner, Brunetti, Broome. 

And how many of those 31 wins were against crappy competition? Alot of them. I give full credit to MJ for a great season in 2018, but one good season doesn't make Perry any better than the other applicants

Edited by MidTennFootball

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

And how many of those 31 wins were against crappy competition? Alot of them. I give full credit to MJ for a great season in 2018, but that doesn't make Perry any better than the other applicants

I wouldn’t say crappy , but not a juggernaut schedule for sure. He has beaten all the teams in Sumner/Wilson counties the last two years. Beat Blackman this year and gave Oakland all they wanted with inferior talent. I am speaking more to the big name/splash hire. I know there are “good” coaches on the list I had above, but I am not sure the Gallatin faithful will be happy with those. If you hire Perry, nobody can say Gallatin  didn’t try.

1 hour ago, wtaylor said:

I wouldn’t say crappy , but not a juggernaut schedule for sure. He has beaten all the teams in Sumner/Wilson counties the last two years. Beat Blackman this year and gave Oakland all they wanted with inferior talent. I am speaking more to the big name/splash hire. I know there are “good” coaches on the list I had above, but I am not sure the Gallatin faithful will be happy with those. If you hire Perry, nobody can say Gallatin  didn’t try.

I don't think Gallatin folks will care what his last name is if he wins. Oakland, Maryville, and Whitehaven became power programs under coaches who had little experience as HC  at the time they took over (Quarles, McDaniel, and Saulsberry). Same goes for programs like Beech and Knox Central. Hire the best fit, not who will make the biggest headlines

8 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I don't think Gallatin folks will care what his last name is if he wins. Oakland, Maryville, and Whitehaven became power programs under coaches who had little experience as HC  at the time they took over (Quarles, McDaniel, and Saulsberry). Same goes for programs like Beech and Knox Central. Hire the best fit, not who will make the biggest headlines

I agree, but if you will read some previous posts the Gallatin faithful has blatantly said “No” to a couple of names thrown out. If they are the best “fit” or not it is concerning when people do that before a hire is even made. Support the coach and staff and success will follow. That is true just about anywhere, but it takes true support and not just lip service.

11 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I agree, just win baby!!