Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

1 hour ago, jimb1972 said:

Dont think they would be very patient, he is part of "the staff" that lost games! Again, better be ready to make some changes to staff or are we laying it all on Williams!

GO WAVE!

You may be right, but he got there in August of this year so not sure how much he really had to do with everything. I would think he may have a unique insight on what went wrong and what changes need to be made to get it right.  

36 minutes ago, wave21 said:

Just got a text from someone who works at the school. Today could be a historic day in Wave history if they decide to announce. Great choice in my opinion which should put us in Cookeville next year.  Go Wave!

Wow! This guy is already being setup for failure. Pump the brakes a little.

I'm just confused by this whole topic in general. I'm sure if you're an assistant coach wanting to become a head coach there is an attractiveness to any head coaching position but if you're a head coach already somewhere else what makes the Gallatin job any more attractive than your own? The stipend on top of salary is like 20% and i believe that is to be distributed among you assistants. Gallatin isn't texas where coaches are making 6 figures with performance bonuses with district funded stadiums and indoor facilities. If there isn't a position open at the school what are you going to do? Fire a non-coaching teacher to open at position for him so he's there in January? Maybe I'm as delusional as some of the posters in this thread but I would assume to land the big fish that have been Grumored but not explicitly named on this thread it would IMO require a handshake deal between the coach and boosters that he would be taken care of beyond his salary. 

Allow me to straighten some things out. First things first, applying and interviewing for a new head coaching job does not mean that you necessarily want the job, it means you want more information on the job and are considering the possibility. That’s exactly what Trey Perry has done the last two seasons, on both occasions he decided on his own accord to not pursue the opportunities for different reasons. 

He is not “desperately trying to get out of Mt. Juliet”..  He is keeping his options open because of all the uncertainty around the new schools, which opens after next season. He could still be at Mt. Juliet for years to come after it opens, he may be somewhere else. 

Let’s move on to this notion of him needing to take Grah and Abner with him or else be exposed..  Curia Grah is, in my opinion, the best strength coach in the state of Tennessee. He is pivotal to Mt. Juliet’s success, and I would be shocked if he did not go with Perry to any job that he may take. Mt. Juliet is home for Grah, true, but Grah’s relationship with Perry is stronger than his bond to his high school. 

As for Abner, he calls the defensive plays but that doesn’t mean that this is his defense. This is the same defense that Perry had implemented when he was DC under his father. This is the same defense he was running in his first few years as head coach, before Abner, when he was yelling the opposing plays to his players before the play and they still couldn’t stop it. 

The difference isn’t Abner, it’s that Mt. Juliet went through a down period in talent and now has players capable of making defensive checks on the field. They do as much of the play calling as Abner does. I’m not taking anything away from Abner, I love the guy and think he’s a great defensive mind. But this is Trey Perry’s defense and Trey Perry’s football team. Plain and simple.

Now, one last thing, if you think Reggie Grimes was underutilized because some guys at 247 and Rivals recognized he was a combine freak athlete and ranked him a top 50 “player” in the country then I suggest you turn on some tape and their team and tell me who they should have taken carries away from to give them to Grimes? Grimes was at best, the 7th best option running the ball for Mt. Juliet. He has excellent straight line speed and little else as a runner. He will never touch the ball on offense in college. This staff tried him at wing back, they tried him at fullback, they tried to find an area on offense where he could help them. It wasn’t to be. And that’s all I’m going to say on that.

Grimes can be a really great defensive football player in college, but the outsiders saying that he was underutilized on offense while knowing absolutely nothing about Mt. Juliet football is completely tired. Go to the stadium and watch the games.

Edited by voiceofmj

7 minutes ago, voiceofmj said:

Allow me to straighten some things out. First things first, applying and interviewing for a new head coaching job does not mean that you necessarily want the job, it means you want more information on the job and are considering the possibility. That’s exactly what Trey Perry has done the last two seasons, on both occasions he decided on his own accord to not pursue the opportunities for different reasons. 

He is not “desperately trying to get out of Mt. Juliet”..  He is keeping his options open because of all the uncertainty around the new schools, which opens after next season. He could still be at Mt. Juliet for years to come after it opens, he may be somewhere else. 

Let’s move on to this notion of him needing to take Grah and Abner with him or else be exposed..  Curia Grah is, in my opinion, the best strength coach in the state of Tennessee. He is pivotal to Mt. Juliet’s success, and I would be shocked if he did not go with Perry to any job that he may take. Mt. Juliet is home for Grah, true, but Grah’s relationship with Perry is stronger than his bond to his high school. 

As for Abner, he calls the defensive plays but that doesn’t mean that this is his defense. This is the same defense that Perry had implemented when he was DC under his father. This is the same defense he was running in his first few years as head coach, before Abner, when he was yelling the opposing plays to his players before the play and they still couldn’t stop it. 

The difference isn’t Abner, it’s that Mt. Juliet went through a down period in talent and now has players capable of making defensive checks on the field. They do as much of the play calling as Abner does. I’m not taking anything away from Abner, I love the guy and think he’s a great defensive mind. But this is Trey Perry’s defense and Trey Perry’s football team. Plain and simple.

Now, one last thing, if you think Reggie Grimes was underutilized because some guys at 247 and Rivals recognized he was a combine freak athlete and ranked him a top 50 “player” in the country then I suggest you turn on some tape and their team and tell me who they should have taken carries away from to give them to Grimes? Grimes was at best, the 7th best option running the ball for Mt. Juliet. He has excellent straight line speed and little else as a runner. He will never touch the ball on offense in college. This staff tried him at wing back, they tried him at fullback, they tried to find an area on offense where he could help them. It wasn’t to be. And that’s all I’m going to say on that.

Grimes can be a really solid defensive football player in college, but the outsiders saying that he was underutilized on offense while knowing absolutely nothing about Mt. Juliet football is completely tired. Go to the stadium and watch the games.

I just hope that since you read all through this thread, that not one Gallatin Football fan has said one negative thing about MJ, Perry's, Abner, Grimes, Grah, your Mascot, etc.