Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

3 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Just how many championships do you think TC would have if they played 5A/6A ball? Only asking. 

Probably as many as they have now if their enrollment was incremented to equal that of other 5 a teams.    It's no easier to win a title at the 2A level than the 5A level.    Look at Maryville and what they've accomplished at the 6A level.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

There is enough of a gap in talent that the titles that were won would've been much harder to earn. There is no way to sugarcoat that.

That's what I'm saying if their talent level was proportionate to a 5A enrollment as it is to a 2A enrollment they would still be winning.   It's as much the culture there as it is the talent.   A lot of great Coaches over many years have built a culture of winning that supercedes 3* 4* and 5* athletes.

*IF* the talent level was proportionate. But it's not. They have good athletes! But they do not have enough of them across the board to challenge the best teams playing for a 5A or 6A Gold Ball. There's nothing wrong with that, but lets not act like they are so elite that they could win 5A or 6A Ships. Not happening. It's not a fairytale world where anything goes. Either the talent and numbers are there, or it isn't. Not trying to be argumentative but that's just how I see it. 

Edited by thegreatone36

15 minutes ago, wardog1970 said:

You’re kidding right?  Did you see the Northeast football team play last year?  Nobody in Clarksville can stand the dude because they know he’s a snake.  

And you are a credible source?  I have yet to see one positive post from you since you joined.   

Everything I know is there was a paperwork error.  He also seems to be gathering quite a following of coaches that want to coach with him.  Seems far from a so called “snake”.  

3 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Son??  Really??  I believe we are all aware of what went on more so then you and what is being built.  

Everyone who was close to the situation knows it was no paperwork error, but that's what he'll tell all the gallentin community! But with that being said he's a very good coach and it's a good hire you guys got yourself a football a coach who wants to win and that's one thing I can say about chad. Everyone recruits everyone just doesn't get caught so IMO let it go dude moved on took over a program with better support and facilities, he did what any coach would do and that's put yourself in a better position to be successful. Good luck to you all on rebuilding a rich tradition program.

42 minutes ago, thefootballguru said:

Everyone who was close to the situation knows it was no paperwork error, but that's what he'll tell all the gallentin community! But with that being said he's a very good coach and it's a good hire you guys got yourself a football a coach who wants to win and that's one thing I can say about chad. Everyone recruits everyone just doesn't get caught so IMO let it go dude moved on took over a program with better support and facilities, he did what any coach would do and that's put yourself in a better position to be successful. Good luck to you all on rebuilding a rich tradition program.

All I know is that anything regarding a transfer or eligibility will be done by multiple people at Gallatin.  They should all do checks and assure that anybody in question is fully approved to play.  Gallatin went through a forfeit situation about 15 years ago and several other questions about certain transfers have arisen since then.  I know they have a kid who just transferred back that they will have to deal with this coming year.  We all think we got somebody who will work hard to get the Wave back.  He wants to be here really bad so we will see.