Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

1 minute ago, wardog1970 said:

Me and my wife were celebrating out 8th Anniversary and our boy Raymond was fixing to turn 3

So you know about situation?   We were winning region championships back then so I would not remind returning to those days.  Nobody is left who had any part in that.  

5 hours ago, wardog1970 said:

You’re kidding right?  Did you see the Northeast football team play last year?  Nobody in Clarksville can stand the dude because they know he’s a snake.  

I am from Trousdale. I do not follow Northeast and am not sure what happened. Was that the school who had to forfeit games?

I know when he was at Lancaster there were players that would quit in 6A one day and suit up the next day at LCA because they were not in TSSAA. 

1 hour ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I am from Trousdale. I do not follow Northeast and am not sure what happened. Was that the school who had to forfeit games?

I know when he was at Lancaster there were players that would quit in 6A one day and suit up the next day at LCA because they were not in TSSAA. 

I remember watching LCA play Red Boiling in the Trousdale Co jamboree some years back.  They had a tall kid who played QB who did everything.  

2 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I remember watching LCA play Red Boiling in the Trousdale Co jamboree some years back.  They had a tall kid who played QB who did everything.  

Yes. He was Blackman's qb but got mad and quit very early in the season. The next Friday night he was starting at LCA. Not being in TSSAA they could fund scholarships and not have to play by eligibility rules.  They had several boys that quit from Smyrna too on their roster and a 5th year senior . 

3 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Yes. He was Blackman's qb but got mad and quit very early in the season. The next Friday night he was starting at LCA. Not being in TSSAA they could fund scholarships and not have to play by eligibility rules.  They had several boys that quit from Smyrna too on their roster and a 5th year senior . 

Not sure if it was the same kid or not.  I only know he was the fastest kid on his team and tall.  It was a jamboree so it was a week before the first game.  RBS has a decent back too and the scrimmage was back and forth.  Only other thing I remember was it was very hot.  Beech had Hurd and I think Malone was playing for SC and both played so it was maybe their junior year.  

17 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

*IF* the talent level was proportionate. But it's not. They have good athletes! But they do not have enough of them across the board to challenge the best teams playing for a 5A or 6A Gold Ball. There's nothing wrong with that, but lets not act like they are so elite that they could win 5A or 6A Ships. Not happening. It's not a fairytale world where anything goes. Either the talent and numbers are there, or it isn't. Not trying to be argumentative but that's just how I see it. 

I don't think we are understanding each other very well.   The TC team "as is" cannot compete for a 5A title.   When you have an enrollment twice the size to pull talent from, it's ignorant to think you could compete with those team consistently.   I only said with 5A numbers, they could compete with 5A teams.   I'm not sure why this is hard to understand?  It really makes no sense to even ask if a "public" school with half the numbers could compete for titles with teams twice their size.

FME while I see what you are saying have you forgotten about Alcoa? I know they are an exception but still. Pretty sure Greenville could compete on a yearly basis as well. Again I know these are exceptions but it can be done. I think the Gallatin folks are a little tired of a TC folk thinking TC is all the sudden world beaters. TC has a very proud tradition much like Gallatin. Both have had their issues and both have had the successes. How quickly TC folk forget the gas man. 

29 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

FME while I see what you are saying have you forgotten about Alcoa? I know they are an exception but still. Pretty sure Greenville could compete on a yearly basis as well. Again I know these are exceptions but it can be done. I think the Gallatin folks are a little tired of a TC folk thinking TC is all the sudden world beaters. TC has a very proud tradition much like Gallatin. Both have had their issues and both have had the successes. How quickly TC folk forget the gas man. 

Work, I have nothing but respect for the people in Hartsville.  Trousdale Co has a great tradition and a good atmosphere over at the Creekbank.  They are passionate about their football team.  I cheer for them often.  Gallatin and Trousdale Co had a fun home/home series a few years back.  They had a great team that went undefeated and beat the Wave by one point.  I think there were about 8000 in attendance and there was a lot of excitement.  The next year at Gallatin, the Wave won and it was not near as close.  This past year Gallatin played them in the TC jamboree and though it is just a scrimmage, TC got the better on the scoreboard.  There is a lot of pride and tradition between these two communities and a lot of respect both ways.  Some just get carried away.  And I get the reasons why some feel they need to pump the chest.  Again I have nothing but respect for TC.  They have more state titles than Gallatin and Gallatin has more head to head victories so take it for what it is.  

On 1/31/2019 at 7:02 AM, FridayMainEvent said:

I don't think we are understanding each other very well.   The TC team "as is" cannot compete for a 5A title.   When you have an enrollment twice the size to pull talent from, it's ignorant to think you could compete with those team consistently.   I only said with 5A numbers, they could compete with 5A teams.   I'm not sure why this is hard to understand?  It really makes no sense to even ask if a "public" school with half the numbers could compete for titles with teams twice their size.

Good post and not to forget that with enrollment numbers triple the numbers they have 15 and 16 coaching assistants who only coach football. Come to a 2A school and see how many coaching hats our coaches have to wear besides football.

We are not 5 deep at every position either. If the injury bug hits we are sunk. Our athletes are usually multi sport players too.

We are year in and year out a storied program and in the hunt for gold. Gallatin has not been relevant for decades. If we had Gallatin's athletes at TC and their numbers we would be filling up the trophy case. 

Do not forget that little old TC beat Gallatin either. 

55 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Good post and not to forget that with enrollment numbers triple the numbers they have 15 and 16 coaching assistants who only coach football. Come to a 2A school and see how many coaching hats our coaches have to wear besides football.

We are not 5 deep at every position either. If the injury bug hits we are sunk. Our athletes are usually multi sport players too.

We are year in and year out a storied program and in the hunt for gold. Gallatin has not been relevant for decades. If we had Gallatin's athletes at TC and their numbers we would be filling up the trophy case. 

Do not forget that little old TC beat Gallatin either. 

We do not have 15 or 16 assistants.  Some do wear different caps for different sports as well and kids are encouraged to play multiple sports.  Overall record is still way in Gallatin’s favor over the existence of the two schools and Gallatin did not always have a large enrollment to make that disparity.  Both have great traditions and a proud following.