Gallatin Green Wave Grumors

thegreatone36

4 minutes ago, eers said:

Not sure who handles the OL coaching at Gallatin, but Beech has a pretty good one.

It was Williams this year and Silcox several years before.  

I am hearing Nathan Wilson just wants to remain an assistant for the time being so I do not know where the HC want is coming from.  

4 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

It was Williams this year and Silcox several years before.  

I am hearing Nathan Wilson just wants to remain an assistant for the time being so I do not know where the HC want is coming from.  

I can’t say he wants to be Gallatin's head coach, but I can promise you he didn’t leave a HC position to go be an assistant for the rest of his life. He would be a great fit for what Gallatin needs. This position probably came open much quicker than he thought it would, so I can see him not being interested right now especially out of respect for Williams. Make no mistake about it, he has head coaching aspirations at some point in the future and that was the goal of leaving Macon for Gallatin to begin with.

5 minutes ago, wtaylor said:

I can’t say he wants to be Gallatin's head coach, but I can promise you he didn’t leave a HC position to go be an assistant for the rest of his life. He would be a great fit for what Gallatin needs. This position probably came open much quicker than he thought it would, so I can see him not being interested right now especially out of respect for Williams. Make no mistake about it, he has head coaching aspirations at some point in the future and that was the goal of leaving Macon for Gallatin to begin with.

Maybe so but not at this point

It was the best program in Sumner County. It can be very good again, however I do not know if it can get back to being the dominant program it once was. I hope it gets better and for the coaches in the program, good luck wherever you end up. People often forget that a change at head coach can also affect the assistants as well. 

4 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I tend to agree.  

The sleeping giant can be again and I think it will be!  

I don't disagree.  There are several coaches that I think can take it to where it was.  A lot of good, high quality coaches around that would be interested in the position. 

I still go back to what I said before though.  They need to make sure they have room for the new HC to bring some staff with him.  I am certain that a new HC will want his core people with him and will even make changes ongoing from there over the next few years.

1 minute ago, eers said:

I don't disagree.  There are several coaches that I think can take it to where it was.  A lot of good, high quality coaches around that would be interested in the position. 

I still go back to what I said before though.  They need to make sure they have room for the new HC to bring some staff with him.  I am certain that a new HC will want his core people with him and will even make changes ongoing from there over the next few years.

I have to agree. There may be some people who end up unhappy over this, but the buddy buddy system has to stop. They need to do what it takes to win football games, friendships aside.

• Upvote 1