Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

10 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Rankin comes over to me as wayyyyy too competitive to ever 'throw' a football game. I have been to some Alcoa practices and that guy is a wild man. Maybe not his greatest coaching job, but I seriously doubt he threw a game. 

I agree with you but I really don't care to be totally honest (I don't care if he threw a game but I find it a ridiculous accusation). He is obviously a very good coach who has won at a place that most anyone would win (Alcoa) but maybe not as much as he's won. I don't care for him much when I hear him in an interview but he's won a bunch of games. He's the most successful coach in Tennessee high school history and probably in the country.

On 4/3/2019 at 1:15 PM, bonkers said:

Graham is a natural track runner and a heck of a football player. As far as Mitchell is concerned, he had a down year in football (compared to his junior year). He seemed slower and made much less of an impact than I expected. After his junior year I expected him to get offers from many places so I'm not sure what happened. I think he's an excellent football player who should've focused more on football (if college football was a goal). Otherwise, if he loves running track then that's another story since you're only in high school once. Either way, I'm glad Graham got healthy and I'm glad Mitchell got a football scholarship!

Everyone ran away from Mitchell all season.  A very similar situation to what happened to Ravel Coffey his senior year. ` He is following Kendall Clark at Garner-Webb to continue his career.  One of the keys for the season coming up will be who steps up to play linebacker with #44.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:21 PM, catswild said:

I think it's stupid scheduling and we have no business playing them. Our head coach needs to have his head examined. Our team won't gain ANYTHING by playing this stupid game...and look when we play them...right before Powell and Fulton!!!!!  STUPID! STUPID!! STUPID!!!

Now watch the "know it alls" get on here and tell me how it will help OR prepare for the playoffs!!!!!  BULLCRAP!!!!!!!  Why won't HVA, DB, Farragut, West, Powell, and Fulton be enough to do that???????

This know it all will tell you to believe anything you want.I for sure wasn't trying to convince anybody to think like me.If the coaches use it as a practice we will be a lot better for it.We have nothing to lose in these games vs good 6a teams.Blowing out Coalfield wouldn't help anything.Last yr we blew it by not fixing the offense after seeing we couldn't pass the ball good enuff.Great teams will expose your weakness.By the time in sunk in last yr it was the last game of the season and we was stuck with what we had.

55 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

This know it all will tell you to believe anything you want.I for sure wasn't trying to convince anybody to think like me.If the coaches use it as a practice we will be a lot better for it.We have nothing to lose in these games vs good 6a teams.Blowing out Coalfield wouldn't help anything.Last yr we blew it by not fixing the offense after seeing we couldn't pass the ball good enuff.Great teams will expose your weakness.By the time in sunk in last yr it was the last game of the season and we was stuck with what we had.

I agree with you. The offense was awful last year, especially at the end of the season when OR scored 40. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bounder said:

Hey we may be slow and and our coach's can't coach but we have new turf on our field and it looks mighty fine.

Glad to hear that!  Congratulations.

Now as to the kids being slow and the coach no good, I am calling BS on that.  I do not know who y'all are trying to sand bag, but OR is NEVER slow and they learned their lesson about Coach's with the looser that is now here in Rutherford County at LaVergne!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Glad to hear that!  Congratulations.

Now as to the kids being slow and the coach no good, I am calling BS on that.  I do not know who y'all are trying to sand bag, but OR is NEVER slow and they learned their lesson about Coach's with the looser that is now here in Rutherford County at LaVergne!

You really don’t like Stanton do you? Haha 

Just now, SweetScience said:

You really don’t like Stanton do you? Haha 

No I do NOT.  Mainly because of the lives of the kids who could be real players being wasted at LaVergne because of NO discipline and lousy Coaching.  Only coaching they get from him is how to deliver 'cheap shots' and how to get away with them.