Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

1 hour ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Mine would be an escalator UP.  Everyone should walk down the stairs at least once in their lives, but having an enjoyable way UP would save lives.  Especially for old farts like me!  LOL

The players have walls and a roof.  How much more do you need to change clothes?

As to things needed for the visitor side, a direct line for the draft beer at Big Ed's would be nice.

All of your ideas are great. Instead of the escalator, I want a Star Trek "Beam Me Up Scottie" device.

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Maybe they could put these signs up in the restrooms when Clinton or Campbell County comes to town.

afhj83.jpg

That and the sign over the urinals saying "NOT a water fountain!".

And please leave the BIG MINT alone.

Both apply to LaVergne here.  You know 'THAT' persons team that could not even beat R'dale when Coach A was in charge.

On 1/29/2019 at 12:52 PM, Cactus Jack said:

From what I understand, Sevier County dropped us, creating the open date in the schedule or it would have remained the same.  Clinton then moved into the spot left by Sevier County as they lined up the Region games.  Then they had to try to fill an 8th game and an away game created by Clinton moving. Every potential opponent was contacted close around here, all declined to play including AC, Bearden and several others.  Even checked some Western North Carolina schools, schedules didn't match up (you have to have the same open date). Both Mt. Juliet and OR were talking but each was hoping they could find a closer opponent, but it didn't work out, so they agreed to play a two year home in home with us going there first, then they come here in 2020.  They are going to be pretty good and be a tough opponent. 

Spot on. Also to note, when a team declines to play it doesn't necessarily mean they don't WANT to play... now this could have been the case with SC as they were set to renew. But most times when adding a new opponent and they decline it could be because the home and away dates didn't match up. The problem here is that every district has a different number of teams and each district determines the weeks are their "district" weeks. OR was needing a non-district away game late in the schedule, and there aren't many teams needing a non-district home game that late. Just worked out the way it does sometimes.

23 hours ago, CU06 said:

Spot on. Also to note, when a team declines to play it doesn't necessarily mean they don't WANT to play... now this could have been the case with SC as they were set to renew. But most times when adding a new opponent and they decline it could be because the home and away dates didn't match up. The problem here is that every district has a different number of teams and each district determines the weeks are their "district" weeks. OR was needing a non-district away game late in the schedule, and there aren't many teams needing a non-district home game that late. Just worked out the way it does sometimes.

Even if all this is true, I think it's STUPID scheduling. I would rather play nine games than play a team of that caliber in a meaningless game immediately prior to the two most important and competitive district games of the year!

12 minutes ago, bounder said:

Heard a corporate sponsor has been found for a "Jumbotron" to be erected on the berm on the north end of "The Ship". 

Thanks for the news Bounder. I've heard people talk about other high schools that already have one but have never seen one myself. I hope it adds to the enjoyment of the game.

New turf - New "jumbotron." Now all we need is a solid football team which I think we have but need improvement in a certain areas.

On 4/16/2019 at 10:36 PM, STILLNUM1 said:

Somebody told me Mt Juliet has a 5 star LB.I would love to see how he plays and compare him to Jacob Adams.I think Adams will be one of the best LBs in the state.I don't know if he will get any D1 offers but he is a beast of a high school player.Go Cats

You're comparing Apples and Oranges.  Reggie Grimes is a 5star listed as a DE at 6'4 240lb and runs a 4.5 40.  The number 28 player in the Nation and holds offers from ever big program in the nation Alabama (Might play LB there),Clemson, LSU, TN, FL State, Ohio State, etc.  

Adams is really good High School LB and plays with a high motor but don't think he is one of the best linebackers in the State.  He is top 5 in East TN Tho

Good Luck to the Cats this season!

44 minutes ago, Swipes said:

You're comparing Apples and Oranges.  Reggie Grimes is a 5star listed as a DE at 6'4 240lb and runs a 4.5 40.  The number 28 player in the Nation and holds offers from ever big program in the nation Alabama (Might play LB there),Clemson, LSU, TN, FL State, Ohio State, etc.  

Adams is really good High School LB and plays with a high motor but don't think he is one of the best linebackers in the State.  He is top 5 in East TN Tho

Good Luck to the Cats this season!

I see where you are coming from and it all sounds legit. However, every now and again a player comes around and does things above and beyond what people think he can do. If I was an SEC/ACC coach I would take a good long look at him after this season. 

All that said, I just wish Adams a great season and let the college chips fall where they may.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I see where you are coming from and it all sounds legit. However, every now and again a player comes around and does things above and beyond what people think he can do. If I was an SEC/ACC coach I would take a good long look at him after this season. 

All that said, I just wish Adams a great season and let the college chips fall where they may.

44 is a great player and has a chance to break Coach Mitchell's all time leading tackler record.  They will have to make a deep run for him to approach that record, but it is possible.  The concern on him for D1 offers is speed, both straight line (40 time) and lateral speed (cone drill) will need to improve alot to get those type of offers.  He has all the other intangibles, football IQ, heart, toughness, leadership,excellent student and character, size and strength  but unfortunately  D1 teams are looking for speed, speed and more speed.   He knows this and is working really hard on it.  Can't wait to watch him lead our D.  Great kid too.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

44 is a great player and has a chance to break Coach Mitchell's all time leading tackler record.  They will have to make a deep run for him to approach that record, but it is possible.  The concern on him for D1 offers is speed, both straight line (40 time) and lateral speed (cone drill) will need to improve alot to get those type of offers.  He has all the other intangibles, football IQ, heart, toughness, leadership,excellent student and character, size and strength  but unfortunately  D1 teams are looking for speed, speed and more speed.   He knows this and is working really hard on it.  Can't wait to watch him lead our D.  Great kid too.   

You're exactly right that there's no comparison between the two. I love our 44 and the way he plays but he's not going to be on the radar for any D-1 schools because of the reasons you stated, but I'm sure glad that we have him.