Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

5 hours ago, bonkers said:

Interesting. I wonder how much it costs?

The price I heard was $500,000. As for the Big Ed's menu probably could do it for a donation of a few pizzas but whoever did it would have to be a whole lot smarter than me to do it. haha

But this is all hear-say. Like LOD would say "If it ain't on paper  ... it didn't happen."

54 minutes ago, bounder said:

The price I heard was $500,000. As for the Big Ed's menu probably could do it for a donation of a few pizzas but whoever did it would have to be a whole lot smarter than me to do it. haha

But this is all hear-say. Like LOD would say "If it ain't on paper  ... it didn't happen."

One thing I have gotten use to is that things take twice as long to get done in Oak Ridge. I am thinking we may get a jumbotron in time for Tee Higgins' unborn kids to be Wildcats.

Just kidding.                    

On 4/18/2019 at 9:24 AM, oridgecat said:

44 is a great player and has a chance to break Coach Mitchell's all time leading tackler record.  They will have to make a deep run for him to approach that record, but it is possible.  The concern on him for D1 offers is speed, both straight line (40 time) and lateral speed (cone drill) will need to improve alot to get those type of offers.  He has all the other intangibles, football IQ, heart, toughness, leadership,excellent student and character, size and strength  but unfortunately  D1 teams are looking for speed, speed and more speed.   He knows this and is working really hard on it.  Can't wait to watch him lead our D.  Great kid too.   

Agreed, a great kid with a huge heart and high football IQ. I heard a rumor he has been working out with a former NFL LB/DB coach the past few months on his footwork, explosion and overall speed. Also heard that he has been getting a lot of attention at the D2 level of late so we'll see how it all plays out. Either way, concur with you gents; very glad to have him on the team and one of the best LBs in the State hands down. He is a beast and fun to watch.

On 4/17/2019 at 11:33 PM, Swipes said:

You're comparing Apples and Oranges.  Reggie Grimes is a 5star listed as a DE at 6'4 240lb and runs a 4.5 40.  The number 28 player in the Nation and holds offers from ever big program in the nation Alabama (Might play LB there),Clemson, LSU, TN, FL State, Ohio State, etc.  

Adams is really good High School LB and plays with a high motor but don't think he is one of the best linebackers in the State.  He is top 5 in East TN Tho

Good Luck to the Cats this season!

I disagree with your last remark; he is on of the best LBs in the State hands down. You need to look at the numbers; total tackles, sacks etc. He ranked in the top 10 in Defense in both categories, across all HS divisions. I'd say that places him in the 'one of the best in State' class.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:33 PM, Swipes said:

You're comparing Apples and Oranges.  Reggie Grimes is a 5star listed as a DE at 6'4 240lb and runs a 4.5 40.  The number 28 player in the Nation and holds offers from ever big program in the nation Alabama (Might play LB there),Clemson, LSU, TN, FL State, Ohio State, etc.  

Adams is really good High School LB and plays with a high motor but don't think he is one of the best linebackers in the State.  He is top 5 in East TN Tho

Good Luck to the Cats this season!

What I meant to say is I wanna see how a 5 star 6 ft 4 4,5 40 guy plays on Friday night compared to Adams.I know Adams is all over the place making plays and if he is not a D1 player and somebody else is a 5 star all world ranked guy then I cant imagine all the plays he makes.Ive seen plenty of D1 guys last 4 or 5 years and I wouldn't trade 44 for most or any of them.I think colleges and NFL put way to much stock in 40 times,cone drills and bench pressing 225 so many times.Only 5 star Ive watched live in high school was Tee and by the end of the night you knew why he was a 5 star and stood out from the rest.You didn't need to see combine results to know he had it.So I look forward to watching the Grimes kid

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:21 PM, bounder said:

500k is about right. I believe that was the price tag for the one at Alcoa.

$500,000 would better spent on improving the home stands than being bored half out of your gourd watching boring commercials one after another on a Jumbotron. The last time I was at Oak Ridge a few years ago to see a game I was really taken by surprise by the poor condition and how dirty the stands were. Also if they get a jumbotron don't make Alcoa's mistake and turn it right towards the evening sun and for goodness sakes make sure and measure twice before you build a base for the thing and it comes in and you find out it don't fit. That big mistake cost Alcoa half what the jumbotron cost but I never heard who's fault that was.

2nlfssh.jpg