Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

I saw one 2020 mock draft where Tee is projected to be taken in next years NFL draft.  Top 15 pick. 1st round.  Could be the first receiver taken.  Jerry Jeudy from Bama and CeeDee Lamb from Okla. are in that mix as well.   That will be fun to watch play out on tv.  

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 2

On 4/29/2019 at 4:08 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

First, why you upset with me?

Second, if you want to know why I think Darel is at UT, it was reported on UT web sites. Also, I follow his Tweeter page and he speaks about playing for UT this season and other football players reply to him as if he is going to play for UT this Fall.

That is all I currently know about Darel. I am not close to him in any way and never said I was. 

*** Players I talk about but don't personally know:

Every ORHS player since 1982.

Every other football player.

That means I know nobody so everybody be wary of everything I post on CoachT.

They spoke about him the other day on 1 of radio stations.  Darel graduates on May 4th at Eastern Mississippi JUCO and reports May7th to UT.  The GFM account was a last ditch effort to get a fantom charge paid at another JUCO he never played for.  One of the Oak Ridge coach T writers knows a little more about it. Darrell was actually was screwed in this but it was taken care of. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 8:29 AM, WillieTheWildcats said:

Barney you are being  hard on Oak Ridge but I admit I have often thought what you wrote but kept it to myself. You are just being honest so I can't get mad at you.

The running back you mentioned did have a difficult time at OR. A great freshmen season then injuries played a role in his up and down seasons. I also got a feeling he got frustrated from time to time. He never quit on his teammates so I have great respect for him.

As for the UT player, coming to Oak Ridge and working with coaches like Coach Graham are why he is at UT now. He just took a long time to mature into a person and player you can count on.

I don't know the guy you mentioned at Clemson. He must not be too good.

KIDDING!!!! Tee worked his butt off at Oak Ridge. Most (all) teams geared everything they had to stop Tee from going off. I always thought Tee gave it his all and the coaches used him correctly.

Finally, I do wonder why OR did not win a State Championship in the last five years. Did we not use the players right? Did we just not have the talent? Coaching a problem? Catholic's recruiting too much to overcome? Fulton just that good?

Whatever. I am going to block all the old stuff out and cheer for the current Wildcats.

Have you seen his career highlights on twitter.  He ran for over 3400 yds and had under 350 carries it what I was told by a coach here that's very good friends with his dad.  ( hint State Farm). His soph year he had over 1300 yds and this year it says over 1200 yards . I would love to see him in the I. You guys (looking at highlight film) did that in playoff with him and it seemed to help. Only question about Graham I have is why so many different #s. Love him in track..gritty little guy!

The QB is very good.  I wasn't at Fulton game but the talk was he should start because it gave OR more options. He got rid of ball quickly.  Playoffs I sat, rather stood right next to 1 of Clinton coaches and he said that OR would be much better cause Booker holds ball to long. He said Booker would have been great threat at WR. I had to agree with because it seems him running around at QB got him tired as a DB in second half against Catholic. One kid you guys don't talk about is #12. He was special offensively and defensively. Very consistent the last 2 years. Congrats on turf and scoreboard. OR has always been the class of East Tennessee football. Fans are tough but you always put a good product on the field.  Many programs would love to compete like the Wildcats have for decades. Now I'll get off OR thread. (remember I lived there in 70/80s before moving away and returning back to Oak Ridge South better known as Hardin Valley.)

• Like 1

12  will be greatly missed.  He was solid on both sides of the ball and special teams every single week.  Great team leader too.

Replacing JG, Herb, Jeremy and Kai'reese is going to be a tough task.  Those were 4 great players that we have counted for the last 3 seasons.   They account for 7 starting positions as 3 of them were two way starters. 

• Like 1

Looks like Clinton has a chance to win 1 game this year, Meigs County.  If they don't beat Meigs,  it will be another 0-10 and another coaching change.   8/23, Anderson County will put a major beat down on Clinton to start the year.  That will be a looooooong night for Opie and the Dragoons. 

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Looks like Clinton has a chance to win 1 game this year, Meigs County.  If they don't beat Meigs,  it will be another 0-10 and another coaching change.   8/23, Anderson County will put a major beat down on Clinton to start the year.  That will be a looooooong night for Opie and the Dragoons. 

At least my dragon wagon will play the cows.O.r. ran from a.c. the past couple of years and i can see why romeo did.That L to the cows would have stung.Nice to see o.r. finally step into the bigtime with turf like the other two schools in a.c.

1 hour ago, Opie Shaggnasty said:

At least my dragon wagon will play the cows.O.r. ran from a.c. the past couple of years and i can see why romeo did.That L to the cows would have stung.Nice to see o.r. finally step into the bigtime with turf like the other two schools in a.c.

Ha ha, from my understanding they wouldn't play us? 

8 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Ha ha, from my understanding they wouldn't play us? 

That's what I heard too and is more likely the truth than the post from the hater.  Gaddis will play Mt Juliet (stupid move) and won't play AC? Give me a break.  AC has the most cupcake schedule in the state (by choice) and they got their cocky brains beat out when they were forced to play a real team.

• Like 1

We tried to schedule AC, dates didn't match up, fact.  There are some teams I would prefer not to play in the regular season, but AC is not one of them. 

Gonna be another long miserable year for the Dragon Wagon, players qutting, parents whining, coaches fighting.   Enjoy your coaching search Opie.  1-9.  Lol

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 1