Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

12 hours ago, haweanbula said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Meigs more of a zone/spread team? As opposed to most 2a teams, that are more run oriented offensively. 

That is correct. The QB makes that offense go and with the athletes around him they will be a contender in 2A again. 

6 hours ago, HTV said:

I'm happy he got it taken care of, but he wasn't screwed and it wasn't a phantom charge.  He screwed himself.  Do you know why he never played at that juco?  I do and he's fortunate to just owe $500.  

But if he gets in to UT I hope he turns things around.  Like I said, the kid is a physical freak, and that's why he has gotten so many mulligans.  

This what was reported:  he signed a scholarship with Independence which covered his fees and when he decided to transfer to be closer to home the coach never sent in because it was summer. He paid something if he didn't he wouldn't been cleared to play at EMC. An official transcript has to sent for him to be eligible to play. If wasn't phantom charge official transcript never received therefore he wouldn't had been eligible to play. 

Whatever happened it's obvious it's dealt with. Good luck to that kid. How big is the LB HT and WT. Is he one of the Adams that played in 90s son. Keep up with a lot of kids in youth ball I knew of parents and I'm sure one of the Adams had a son that played QB in middle school. He was good size kid.

On 4/18/2019 at 10:32 AM, bonkers said:

You're exactly right that there's no comparison between the two. I love our 44 and the way he plays but he's not going to be on the radar for any D-1 schools because of the reasons you stated, but I'm sure glad that we have him.

Jacob competed at a combine today and tweeted some results...Bench Pressed 185 pounds 17 times...ran a 4.58 40 yard dash...Broad jumped 8' 6". 

You guys should follow the players on Tweeter.  Unfortunately for me Tee Higgins never replies to anything I address to him. I have had some nice feedback from Jordan, Kai'Reese, Booker, Jeremy, Mykia, Jada, Destiney and a few other Lady Wildcats. Just respect them and be ultra positive when addressing them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Jacob competed at a combine today and tweeted some results...Bench Pressed 185 pounds 17 times...ran a 4.58 40 yard dash...Broad jumped 8' 6". 

You guys should follow the players on Tweeter.  Unfortunately for me Tee Higgins never replies to anything I address to him. I have had some nice feedback from Jordan, Kai'Reese, Booker, Jeremy, Mykia, Jada, Destiney and a few other Lady Wildcats. Just respect them and be ultra positive when addressing them.

Jonathan Stewart also attended the combine and put up these numbers...40 yard dash  4.57 seconds...Shuttle Run 4.76...Board Jump  8' 9 1/2"

14 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Jonathan Stewart also attended the combine and put up these numbers...40 yard dash  4.57 seconds...Shuttle Run 4.76...Board Jump  8' 9 1/2"

Those are some good numbers for those boys. Anything under 4.6 is pretty darn fast. I ran a 4.6 my SR year and thought I was the shizz haha. I remember being pretty impressed with Adams’ speed in the Soddy playoff game when he ran down one of their skill players from behind to save a TD. I remember thinking; ‘’Wow, that kid has some underrated speed.”

Speaking of the Soddy game. Anybody else remember that hit Adams put on their RB over on the Soddy sideline? It was a crushing hit and one of the hardest I’ve seen from an OR player in 35+ years of watching the Cats. That kid laid there about 5-10 minutes and never came back. Thankfully he ended up being ok, but it was a bone jarring hit and was clearly heard from about 20 rows up where I was sitting.

On 5/3/2019 at 4:18 PM, HTV said:

I'm happy he got it taken care of, but he wasn't screwed and it wasn't a phantom charge.  He screwed himself.  Do you know why he never played at that juco?  I do and he's fortunate to just owe $500.  

But if he gets in to UT I hope he turns things around.  Like I said, the kid is a physical freak, and that's why he has gotten so many mulligans.  

I heard two stories 1 was he wanted to be closer to home and his young child. The other was he was told another school in KS would sign his brother or cousin also if he came.  The first sounds more logical. 

On 5/4/2019 at 7:58 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

Just got a tweet and Jacob Adams' 40 dash time was the 3rd best time at the Blue Gray Tennessee Combine last Saturday. 

With seniors like Adams, the Juniors who were undefeated as Freshmen  and Sophomores like Kendell Jackson we have a lot of the pieces we need. Now, just how hard will the players work during Spring Ball that starts today, the long hot summer grind and the practices in the August heat.

I have faith they are mature, hard working young men. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Those are some good numbers for those boys. Anything under 4.6 is pretty darn fast. I ran a 4.6 my SR year and thought I was the shizz haha. I remember being pretty impressed with Adams’ speed in the Soddy playoff game when he ran down one of their skill players from behind to save a TD. I remember thinking; ‘’Wow, that kid has some underrated speed.”

Speaking of the Soddy game. Anybody else remember that hit Adams put on their RB over on the Soddy sideline? It was a crushing hit and one of the hardest I’ve seen from an OR player in 35+ years of watching the Cats. That kid laid there about 5-10 minutes and never came back. Thankfully he ended up being ok, but it was a bone jarring hit and was clearly heard from about 20 rows up where I was sitting.

I wasn't at that game but heard the hit all the way back in the Ridge!! Saw it on his highlights along with that play where he ran down the slot receiver. I knew that moment that his speed was underrated.

Sounds like he put up the legit number at the Blue Grey event. That boy can flat out fly!

I'll just make several general statements (some responses) to what I read on here, rather than respond to every individual. First of all, I hope I'm wrong (again) but I don't see OR beating Farragut, Powell, or Mt Juliet (not a chance). If OR couldn't beat Farragut last year, then it will be a while. The odds of beating both West and Fulton are slim to none. DB and HVA won't be easy, so 6-4 is generous. I question the accuracy of the times at the combine. I love the Adams kid but speed isn't his top attribute. I doubt Stewart or Adams can run a 4.7, much less sub 4.6.  And Opie, you're posts are getting old. Whoever you support, why don't you go their thread and make a fool of yourself there. You've already established that you're a fool on this thread, even to the dumbest of readers.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 11:11 PM, GIJoe said:

Whatever happened it's obvious it's dealt with. Good luck to that kid. How big is the LB HT and WT. Is he one of the Adams that played in 90s son. Keep up with a lot of kids in youth ball I knew of parents and I'm sure one of the Adams had a son that played QB in middle school. He was good size kid.

His HUDL says 5'11 -205. I saw him recently. He looks bigger than that though. His family isn't from the Ridge. I met his dad late last season and asked him the same thing.

• Like 1