Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

That play really stands out to me too, WW. That loss really hurt me as a young 12 year old kid, but the year before when Central (led by the great Todd Helton) thrashed us 49-14 I thought the world was coming to an end. I actually cried! That one was hard to watch. One of the worst beatings I have ever seen the Cats take. As you know though, we got our revenge double time the next year. :)

I remember right before halftime thinking I wanted Helton to get greedy and throw deep. I was hoping we could pick it off and return it for a TD to get some momentum going. Dang if he didn't go deep but Central turned it into another TD for the Bobcats. I'm pretty sure I left the game at halftime.

The next question by me or whoever wants to think of one should be positive for the Wildcats. RWR!

Just now, WillieTheWildcats said:

Okay Wildcat fans here is a question you all probably have a thought or two on.

When did you first become aware of Tee Higgins?

Believe it or not, I don't really remember when I first learned of Tee. He is now my favorite all time athlete just ahead of Willie Mays and David Thompson ( he is the guy  Jordan grew up wanting to be ).

RWR!

6 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Okay Wildcat fans here is a question you all probably have a thought or two on.

When did you first become aware of Tee Higgins?

First practice when he was 5 years old. Everyone knew if he toughened up he would be great.

• Like 1

Have you all heard of Casen Jenkins? His mom is the principal at Linden and he is at Robertsville. He had to play for a Harriman youth team last year because Oak Ridge didn't field a team in his age group. He will be a Ram this season. He loves Tee Higgins and Clemson. This week he has been at the  Clemson youth football camp.

He looks to be a really  good future Wildcat. He demonstrates high football IQ, skills and love of the game. I follow Heather Jenkins on Twitter and she has several short video clips of him at the Clemson camp on her page. Check them out and go watch him play at Robertsville. 

2 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Very cool Nole! I have heard he used to be a punter and QB as a kid. Is that correct?

Not that I am aware of. He played some QB in the 8th grade. Messing around in HS before practice he was the best punter on the team.

He played with my son 5-9 yr old. 10 yr they split into three teams. 11 yr old they all played on one GREAT team. Then middle school. 2012 Jefferson 12 Robertsville 14 was a great game. Lots of talent on the field, but Tee was the man.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:01 AM, catswild said:

Are you sure about that? I can't imagine starting practice that early. When I played, we started in August.  If what you say is true, the team will be worn out by the time the season even starts.

You want 'early' or burn out, you should have seen Rankin pushing R'dale year around!  Even during the so called 'dead period' the kids that wanted to play had to lift and sign in at a gym in town!  Things like that is what it takes to bring home the Gold Ball in todays football.

Edited by Lost Old Dad

On 6/7/2019 at 1:13 AM, WillieTheWildcats said:

Have you all heard of Casen Jenkins? His mom is the principal at Linden and he is at Robertsville. He had to play for a Harriman youth team last year because Oak Ridge didn't field a team in his age group. He will be a Ram this season. He loves Tee Higgins and Clemson. This week he has been at the  Clemson youth football camp.

He looks to be a really  good future Wildcat. He demonstrates high football IQ, skills and love of the game. I follow Heather Jenkins on Twitter and she has several short video clips of him at the Clemson camp on her page. Check them out and go watch him play at Robertsville. 

A Clemson online news site put up an article about Tee and Casen with a focus on Casen's time at the Clemson camp. Just a great story about two Oak Ridge football players