Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

4 hours ago, bounder said:

The field looks good and the kicking game is working good. But that's the only good thing that can be said about this awful mess. The Maryville players were all up watching the "game" and cheering their team on. Ours were just milling around talking to each other. All with their helmets in their hands. Jack Armstrong probably rolled over in his grave!

Catswild nailed it!

Yes I did and I wish I had been wrong. This team will win a few games but will NOT be 15-0 (mindless rant by Willie). This team has VERY AVERAGE speed and has NO...I repeat HAS NO...breakaway threat that can go the distance! All of those guys that Willie reports that go to camps...WHO CARES????? I didn't see one of them do ANYTHING tonight!  I don't think ANYONE played well for OR...NOBODY!!!  And whatever they did at camp didn't help them tonight.

6 minutes ago, CatskerS said:

What are some solutions you think he has in store for this team? Seemed to me like the oline excelled tonight but poor d line play.

I have no idea what he might be thinking but he's coached long enough that I'm sure he's dealt with this before. I don't agree with you about the oline because every time Jackson got the ball there were Maryville players all around him. He was running for his life. The dline wasn't great but the secondary was the worse I've ever seen at OR.

2 minutes ago, bonkers said:

I have no idea what he might be thinking but he's coached long enough that I'm sure he's dealt with this before. I don't agree with you about the oline because every time Jackson got the ball there were Maryville players all around him. He was running for his life. The dline wasn't great but the secondary was the worse I've ever seen at OR.

I think their might have been some sandbagging going on tonight and holding out some OR players. HV better look out! Ill guarantee Gaddis has them ready for next Friday! 

12 minutes ago, CatskerS said:

What are some solutions you think he has in store for this team? Seemed to me like the oline excelled tonight but poor d line play.

Lol You have got to be trolling or something. The Maryville defensive line absolutely man handled our offensive line when both teams starters were in. It’s after midnight, and they still haven’t blocked anybody on Maryville’s dline.

1 minute ago, CatskerS said:

I think their might have been some sandbagging going on tonight and holding out some OR players. HV better look out! Ill guarantee Gaddis has them ready for next Friday! 

I think that game is in two weeks, not next week. And that's a good thing for OR because OR needs both weeks to improve.

Just now, SweetScience said:

Lol You have got to be trolling or something. The Maryville defensive line absolutely man handled our offensive line when both teams starters were in. It’s after midnight, and they still haven’t blocked anybody on Maryville’s dline.

You are correct, at least from my vantage point

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

I think the unit will be pretty strong and had a some fight in em honestly.  They were all sitting together on the sidelines so theres gotta be some chemistry there. 5 returning starters is nothing to shake a stick at