Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

30 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

No I’m sounding realistic?!!! Did you not watch catholic verse/ Maryville if not than hush! It was legit and Catholic qb wanted all the smoke! Two powerhouses no rules! Gatti’s made the scrimmage like that! No contact on special teams all of that this is from players?!! 

You don't make much sense but are you trying to tell me that Gaddis told Hunt that no matter what he wanted to do, the Maryville QB had to wear a different color jersey and couldn't be hit. I don't care what Catholic does. They buy their players and OR can't do that.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, bonkers said:

You don't make much sense but are you trying to tell me that Gaddis told Hunt that no matter what he wanted to do, the Maryville QB had to wear a different color jersey and couldn't be hit. I don't care what Catholic does. They buy their players and OR can't do that.

Can you not read? Gattis set the scrimmage up how he did? It’s besides the point now I see you hate on good teams (Catholic ) and say whatever for oak ridge! I bet you didn’t play at oak ridge or know any of the players you just run your mouth. Now since you know so much I would love to meet up and show you the weaknesses in the harden valley game?! I don’t want to hear anybody crying if harden valley wins saying play calling is horrible/players playing wrong positions 

6 minutes ago, boyfromsi said:

Players playing wrong positions?  Do tell.

For this year Romano who didn’t play was moved to slot for some weird reason I don’t know! He will still run the ball of course but that’s dropping his stock he’s played running back whole career and has been training at that position. Preston speedster was a starter at receiver and didn’t start. Played back up corner. The dbs are all out of wack including line backers.. linebackers may be worst of all time.. adjustments will be made or it will be a long season

From my point of view, he was moved so that he and Jackson would be on the field at the same time.  He has the best hands of the RB group.  Only 1 DB has any experience and his brother was not able to stay on the team.  Btw, you also have 1 returning starter at LB.  A lot of inexperience there to work out.  They have 2 weeks to do it, but I think they will be alright.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boyfromsi said:

From my point of view, he was moved so that he and Jackson would be on the field at the same time.  He has the best hands of the RB group.  Only 1 DB has any experience and his brother was not able to stay on the team.  Btw, you also have 1 returning starter at LB.  A lot of inexperience there to work out.  They have 2 weeks to do it, but I think they will be alright.

From the coaches view that is the reasoning he didn’t request it or want to play receiver that’s a true statement, but I get where you’re coming from. And 2 have dbs have experience jack and Isaiah. You’re right they are inexperience that’s 1000% correct. I do disagree about them being okay If play calling and major adjustments are not made. I now have hva beating them so we will see

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Elitesports4 said:

From the coaches view that is the reasoning he didn’t request it or want to play receiver that’s a true statement, but I get where you’re coming from. And 2 have dbs have experience jack and Isaiah. You’re right they are inexperience that’s 1000% correct. I do disagree about them being okay If play calling and major adjustments are not made. I now have hva beating them so we will see

A couple of comments and I will be done.  First, it is the coaches, not the players, who determine the who, what, and where of positions on the field.  Now, if a coach were wanting a player to change positions, I would hope that a real conversation took place about said change.  Second, after watching the Wildcats for the past 17 seasons, I can tell you that there are always adjustments (big ones at that) made after the scrimmages.  I would guess that would be the same this year.  Last year's graduation hit the skill position pretty hard and they have not yet been filled.  Our success in the early part of the season will depend on who fills those positions.  It sounds to me like a great opportunity for some younger guys to step up.

• Like 2

On 8/11/2019 at 8:21 AM, Elitesports4 said:

For this year Romano who didn’t play was moved to slot for some weird reason I don’t know! He will still run the ball of course but that’s dropping his stock he’s played running back whole career and has been training at that position. Preston speedster was a starter at receiver and didn’t start. Played back up corner. The dbs are all out of wack including line backers.. linebackers may be worst of all time.. adjustments will be made or it will be a long season

LB and DBs worst of all time....funny.

Scrimmage...was a scrimmage. No sense in getting out of whack about a scrimmage.

1) You really think the O is going to toss in 'starting drive' plays? No, it's a scrimmage. A time to work on plays against one of the best teams in the State.

2) Did I mention it's a scrimmage? Guys being played in different positions....again, scrimmage...practice.

3) The score means nothing...its a scrimmage.

IMO

Defense:

The D was shakey in the 1st series. They looked like they were not prepared and missed some key tackles.

2nd series, D was on it. Impressive.

Offense:

Unsure why the run plays from they looked sharp once they started connecting.

IMO - Was a scrimmage....who cares about the score....and the 1st few drives were all that really mattered as the starting lineup was in.

• Upvote 1

I don't have a dog in this fight and judging from the comments Maryville must have put it on Oak Ridge during a scrimmage. Something to think about. This is isn't an apple to apples comparison when it comes to football. When you play a team like Maryville you are playing the best players from all over Blount county. In the past there were and maybe still are some from Knox, Loudon and Sevier counties. What if Oak Ridge took the best players from all of Anderson county and fielded a football team? You would have the same problem that the other schools in Blount county have to deal with. Now you have programs like William Blount and Heritage that can barely field a team because Maryville recruits and takes all their players. Imagine how good Oak Ridge could've been last year with a few of Anderson counties best players and a few of Clintons best players added .You would have a power house team and then 2 other teams that would be lucky to win 2-3 games a year.  This is the type of stuff that is ruining High School sports. And all the fault doesn't fall on the coaches. It also falls on the parents that think their kid is gonna be the next great D1 player from this area so they pimp their kid out to whatever team can get them closer to their dream of have a kid play D-1 football. In my opinion I think kids should play where they live. Good luck this season to Oak Ridge and be proud that Oak Ridge is fielding a team of Oak Ridge players.

• Like 4