Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

23 minutes ago, DavidGlasgow said:

5 kids!! Really? Come on. You know better than that. Or maybe you don't but there are more than 5 players. The "Stoned Player"  story sounds like a story that has been told and has grown wildly out of control. There might've been a "Handful" that have moved to Maryville city school limits but there have been plenty that didn't move to Maryville and their kids played football. I know of 2 that in the last few years cause I work with the kids parents. I have had a couple of chances to meet the QB coach at Furman. I think he used to have some ties to Maryville football. He made statement that he constantly received emails from parents wanting to transfer their next greatest football player to Maryville. It happens year in and year out and it is ruining High School football. I also seriously doubt your statement of Maryville city kids playing at the 2 county schools.

I know someone personally that had a good player that came from Knoxville that tried to come to Maryville first a few years back and ended up going to Alcoa because the mother told me GQ gave them the run a round and got tired of it. GQ was the A.D. and had to be extra careful especially knowing he was constantly under the microscope from gossipers, sort of like you.

2nqtn46.jpg

3 hours ago, catswild said:

Hey Elite...it appears that for some crazy reason the OR coaching staff was allowed to coach Central in their scrimmage last night against Maryville. I say that because I read on Five Star Preps where Maryville beat them 34-0 in the first half while the starters were in. Also read that Maryville was 11/11 passing with around 250 yards. It had to the sorry OR staff making the same mistakes with the Central team...players out of position, poor secondary and linebacker play, etc.. It makes no sense why the OR coaches were allowed to coach Central, but nothing else makes any sense. There can't be two coaching staffs in Tennessee that bad...so the OR staff must have coached against Maryville in both of their last scrimmages.

I just had a crazy thought....Maryville is just that darn good! Central, I've read, lost a lot of their linemen. Linemen take time to develop. My guess is Central will be ready by playoff time.

Too bad, Oak Ridge players are not being given this opportunity to develop in the secondary and Offensive skill positions.

Shoot,I just remembered I wasn't going to respond to you. Oh well, I am going to post it since I work on it  this long  and I don't hold grudges against fellow OR fans.

21 hours ago, Swipes said:

You weren't to far off it's $3,760.00 if you're and Anderson County Resident and $4,067.00 if you're a Roane County Resident.  $7,447.00 for any other county and $12,732.00 a year if you are out of state student.  I always found it funny that "The Preserve" neighborhood is classified as Oak Ridge City limits even though it's in Roane County and closer to Roane County High School than Oak Ridge, not to mention you have to drive past houses zoned for Oliver Springs and Roane County High Schools from the preserve to get to Oak Ridge High School who only has county taxes.  Like Jerry Maguire said "Show me the money!"

On 8/13/2019 at 10:17 AM, Swipes said:

Softball Player.  Sounds like you need to talk to your school board if they are charging over $7,000 to attend Oak Ridge city schools (I know it's a great education but not $7000 better a year).  A lot of people don't move to Oak Ridge because how high the city taxes are and would rather live in Hardin Valley or Karn's and commute to work in Oak Ridge

Swipes o.r. will do anything to 'preserve' their team.They have cheated for years.Seems like the football team and city are dying a slow death.

Something about success does its own recruiting. When my kids were little, I was willing to move to Farragut (soccer) or Maryville (football) just for sports. They declined and wanted to stay in OR. Both had pretty good careers at OR, but no state titles. Just loved their town and their friends.

I don't blame anyone for legitimately moving into an area for sports or academics. Personal choice.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I know someone personally that had a good player that came from Knoxville that tried to come to Maryville first a few years back and ended up going to Alcoa because the mother told me GQ gave them the run a round and got tired of it. GQ was the A.D. and had to be extra careful especially knowing he was constantly under the microscope from gossipers, sort of like you.

2nqtn46.jpg

I bet you know someone. You should be a fiction writer. 2 good stories so far.

16 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who's brother plays football for Maryville.   Wow. He really lives here. I thought he just flew in for the football games. 

SeparateCompassionateGaur-max-1mb.gif

head in the sand until the truth goes away.

19 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who's brother plays football for Maryville.   Wow. He really lives here. I thought he just flew in for the football games. 

JEFFERSON!  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Actually, he lives in Alcoa..............just say'n

Played middle school football in Alcoa..........that's when this video clip was made! :mrgreen: