Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

5 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

You okay Willie? 

Not really...woke up this morning threw up, started foaming at the mouth, began quoting old Cas Walker TV ads ( thumping good, thumping good, Cas Walker's watermelon are thumping good ), wife put me in my straight jacket ( everybody has their own straight jacket, right? ) and called the Looney Tunes to come get me.

17 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Not really...woke up this morning threw up, started foaming at the mouth, began quoting old Cas Walker TV ads ( thumping good, thumping good, Cas Walker's watermelon are thumping good ), wife put me in my straight jacket ( everybody has their own straight jacket, right? ) and called the Looney Tunes to come get me.

Watch a little bit of the Mull's Singing Convention on You Tube and you'll feel better. 

Well the new field drains really well. Course all the rest of the unpaved areas are a sea of mud now!! Man what a mess on the upper inside parking lot.

The Cats defense and Hardin Valley's Offense kept Oak Ridge in the game . But the offense couldn't win the game for them. Oh Well look out D-B here we come. Actually it's more like Look Out "Pals"  here we come. 

WILDCAT PRIDE

What happened Friday night? Oak Ridge returned their entire offensive line and Hardin Valley knocked them on their butt all night long. Number 53 for Hardin Valley was coming in untouched most of the night and the only time they could even get close to blocking him is when they blocked at his knees.

Some people may not like it, but this is the worst I've seen Oak Ridge play since S.S. was the coach. What has happened and what can be done about it? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ORWildcats1 said:

What happened Friday night? Oak Ridge returned their entire offensive line and Hardin Valley knocked them on their butt all night long. Number 53 for Hardin Valley was coming in untouched most of the night and the only time they could even get close to blocking him is when they blocked at his knees.

Some people may not like it, but this is the worst I've seen Oak Ridge play since S.S. was the coach. What has happened and what can be done about it? 

Isnt Stanton Steven last coach in 20+ years that took Oak Ridge to Championship? If you say it was someone else team, then don't blame current coach for not getting there it's Blades fault. Please stay with your team. Glad we won but every time we've played it could have went either way. 

• Thanks 1

Posted by an Oak Ridge Wildcat player on a Social Media website....

" One game does not determine a whole season. "

The player then went on to ENCOURAGE his teammates to work harder.

It has become clear there are many different types of Oak Ridge fans on CoachT.com....

~~ All are OakRidge fans

~~ Some are optimistic

~~ Some are pessimistic

~~ Some are both optimistic and pessimistic

~~ Some are concerned about specific parts of the team

His he right or wrong??? Has the cement really dried on the 2019 Oak Ridge season after one game??? 

I AM ON THE OAK RIDGE SHIP FOR THE WHOLE SEASON! Will there be some tough times ahead? Will my heart get broken? 

Possibly but I am going to take the risk. Doing it my way will make every WIN taste sweeter. Every loss a little more bitter to swallow. But darn it, I only have one life to live so I am going to live it to the fullest.

RWR! You Got This and I got Your Back!

Who is riding on the 2019 Wildcat Ship with me???

Edited by WillieTheWildcats
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ORWildcats1 said:

What happened Friday night is that a bigger and faster team beat OR even though the OR defense almost pulled it out. The offense got going a little in the second half but couldn't sustain it. The offensive line was average last year and about the same this year. I'm used to OR being the smallest team on the field but not the slowest. This could be a long year. I have some issues with play calling and personnel but I'll leave that to the coaches but the main problem IMO is the lack of speed and it's a glaring problem. The slowest OR team I've EVER seen.

4 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Posted by an Oak Ridge Wildcat player on a Social Media website....

The player then went on to ENCOURAGE his teammates to work harder.

It has become clear there are many different types of Oak Ridge fans on CoachT.com....

~~ All are OakRidge fans

~~ Some are optimistic

~~ Some are pessimistic

~~ Some are both optimistic and pessimistic

~~ Some are concerned about specific parts of the team

His he right or wrong??? Has the cement really dried on the 2019 Oak Ridge season after one game??? 

I AM ON THE OAK RIDGE SHIP FOR THE WHOLE SEASON! Will there be some tough times ahead? Will my heart get broken? 

Possibly but I am going to take the risk. Doing it my way will make every WIN taste sweeter. Every loss a little more bitter to swallow. But darn it, I only have one life to live so I am going to live it to the fullest.

RWR! You Got This and I got Your Back!

Who is riding on the 2019 Wildcat Ship with me???

Good post Willie! I'm with you

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bonkers said:

What happened Friday night is that a bigger and faster team beat OR even though the OR defense almost pulled it out. The offense got going a little in the second half but couldn't sustain it. The offensive line was average last year and about the same this year. I'm used to OR being the smallest team on the field but not the slowest. This could be a long year. I have some issues with play calling and personnel but I'll leave that to the coaches but the main problem IMO is the lack of speed and it's a glaring problem. The slowest OR team I've EVER seen.

Were you not around in 2009?  That was the slowest OR team and it wasn't even close.  We are certainly slower than the past several years.  I agree with the post above, don't let the first game define your season.  2 years ago, we got waxed by Farragut with a sub-par effort on both sides of the ball.  I told my son that you and your fellow seniors need to get together and decide what kind of team you were going to be.  They met as players on the following Sunday and decided to salvage their season and finished strong.  This team can do the same.  They are much better players than they showed Friday night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1