Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

57 minutes ago, ORWildcats1 said:

But HV wasn't bigger and our offensive line was supposed to be our strength this year. It just pissed me off to watch #53 for HV rush unblocked most of the night. I just haven't ever seen Oak Ridge play so sloppy and not even try to block someone.

However, I do hope they turn things around and it is possible just like it was 2 years ago. They have a very tough schedule this year so I hope they improve fast. 

Hardin Valley wasn't real big but they were bigger than OR. Number 53 is a beast and easily the best player for Hardin Valley. They blocked someone because I saw both backs break through the middle of the line and get tackled by the safety but it didn't happen enough, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Elitesports4 said:

Yes they was lol. They graduated in 2009

They did probably graduate in 09, but they weren’t on the 09 team. I graduated in 97, but my classes last football season was in 96. Your senior season is actually played the year before you graduate because your senior season comes before the new year rolls around. But, I was wrong about Fluud being the starting RB, although he shared time there with Zach Witherspoon, who was the starter. Rian Hall also played some RB that year sparingly as a freshman, if I'm not mistaken.

Here is the roster from 09. If you look, you will see that there’s no Coffey nor Rodgers on the roster bud.

https://www.unapproved website.com/m/high-schools/oak-ridge-wildcats-(oak-ridge,tn)/football-fall-09/roster.htm

Edited by SweetScience

11 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

It was definitely tongue in cheek, but true nonetheless.

Definitely not anything to joke about smh. But you’re correct about Coffey and Rodgers they graduated in 09 therefore there senior seasons were fall of 2008. Fall of 2009 was coach blades first year and the receivers were vann and guymon and hull and i don’t remember them being all that fast they were good players tho 

17 minutes ago, 2011Class said:

Definitely not anything to joke about smh. But you’re correct about Coffey and Rodgers they graduated in 09 therefore there senior seasons were fall of 2008. Fall of 2009 was coach blades first year and the receivers were vann and guymon and hull and i don’t remember them being all that fast they were good players tho 

Ok, you are right, it wasn't funny. I honestly hope the guy straightens his life out, if he hasn't already. I could've easily taken a wrong turn myself if I hadn't of had a great father to keep me in line. No hard feelings. I did erase it if it makes you feel better, but I think Bonkers would have to edit his comment quoting me on it for it to be fully gone. You're right about the WR's on that team. Hull, Vann, and Guymon were all pretty good receivers. Not blazing fast by any means, but good possession receivers who rarely dropped the ball. That team gave Maryville all they wanted that year, although that was a pretty weak Maryville team compared to some of their other ones, although they still made the title game that season. But, they got smoked by White Station.

Edited by SweetScience

38 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Ok, you are right, it wasn't funny. I honestly hope the guy straightens his life out, if he hasn't already. I could've easily taken a wrong turn myself if I hadn't of had a great father to keep me in line. No hard feelings. I did erase it if it makes you feel better, but I think Bonkers would have to edit his comment quoting me on it for it to be fully gone. You're right about the WR's on that team. Hull, Vann, and Guymon were all pretty good receivers. Not blazing fast by any means, but good possession receivers who rarely dropped the ball. That team gave Maryville all they wanted that year, although that was a pretty weak Maryville team compared to some of their other ones, although they still made the title game that season. But, they got smoked by White Station.

It has been edited.

44 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Yea i don’t think any of blades teams had a lot of speed might’ve had individuals with some speed like fludd, hall, gray, Moore but overall not really any speed they were jus well coached teams good defenses. Even with blade OR lost to hva that OR team made it to the 4th round of playoffs I’m not counting this years team out just yet

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 2011Class said:

Yea i don’t think any of blades teams had a lot of speed might’ve had individuals with some speed like fludd, hall, gray, Moore but overall not really any speed they were jus well coached teams good defenses. Even with blade OR lost to hva that OR team made it to the 4th round of playoffs I’m not counting this years team out just yet

True. Moore was probably one of the fastest kids we have ever had though. I think he was even a bit faster than Graham was. Strangely though, I never thought he was a really good RB. Yeah, he was decent, but just never impressed me all that much, but that's just me. I actually liked Elliott Normand a lot as a RB back then, but he played LB, so he was more important there. Man, did that kid bring a load carrying the ball though. Yeah, I'm not counting this team out either. I don't think anybody was happy with what happened Friday night, but it is a long season. Lots of things can happen.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

I hate to say it but don't expect a big turnaround like a couple of yrs ago when we got blew out by the Ads.For the people who go and watch most or all of the games u can just tell the talent level is not there.I like both RBs but I don't see either one being able to carry this team this yr.The WRs will get better with reps and time but the best one right now is 5 ft 5 140 pds.I think the QB can play but is limited with what throws he can make because of his height.I really forgot how much Booker was running for his life last yr and just thought the OLine would be good.If they improve that would help everybody.I still worry about the defense when we play a decent passing team because we have no pass rush and HV QB missed wide open guys all night.I would bet anything we don't win over 5 games but all the coaches would deserve coach of yr if we did.After saying that we still have to give 100% and get better every week.Find guys who are improving and want to get better and play them.Oak Ridge fans are spoiled and I hope we don't let this season bring us down for future yrs.The Ship is looking amazing and the middle schools and freshman look really good so help is on the way.We gotta keep them excited about wanting to walk down them stairs on a Friday night.If things get to negative it affects all levels.