Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

1 hour ago, ORDT said:

If you were the HC at ORHS what would you do?

For me, the O:

1. OC needs to be relegated to running practice, that's it. The Freshmen HC takes over play calling. He was the guy who took the now JR class to an undefeated season. Simple stuff. Current OC is in over his head (again).
  2. O Line coach - needs adjustments in a big way. Start with learning the plays.
  3. WR coach - moved to a new position, waterboy?
  4. Consider using a TE
  5. Ditch the WRs who dont want to play or dont know the playbook. Simple

The D:

1. D Line needs a makeover, moved 42 back to DL. Romano back to LB. Consider using 66
  2. Zone is where it's at

Special Teams

1. Replace the holder....no PATs or FGs on the season...do the math
  2. Move starters to KO team

Last but not least - Move the performers to both sides of the ball.

1. #44 never sees offense...figure it out...RB, TE...who cares...get him involved.
  2. #42 should be playing TE....all day.
  3. #23 should be a slot WR.
  4. #15 needs to replace #2 as starter....should have happened 2nd offensive snap of season.
  5. #66 and #72 should be playing D Line....in a big way.

15 is trash he doesn’t need to replace 2! 2 started last year he needs to be disciplined! Who is 23? Number 36 the slot/fb whatever he is doesn’t need to be at receiver ever!!!!! 

Gibbons qb Romano needs to play in slot/ power back with Kendall in at running back. 3 receivers only Isaiah Johnson 20 (slot outside everywhere. 2 on outside and somebody else who needs to win slot position. #6 Jalen needs in for jet sweeps and bubbles! Playbook needs a makeover it’s horrible 

Since it's not the 80's anymore the HC should resign.  Allow the OC and DC to be co-head coaches.  Make all players play another sport and stop the stupid play football only way of looking at things.  The team's conditioning is from the 80's and leadership from AD and HC are that old too. 

There are great coaches on staff being held back by the 80's.

Sorry, I've been away for so long.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, F5TurfTwister said:

Oak Ridge brought twice as many fans to Alcoa for yesterdays JV game than Austin East did Friday night for the Varsity game. 

I went over to AE in 2015 to watch a game and it was homecoming and there wasn't a hundred people setting on their side including the band.

DSCN6172.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007

Thought we all might need to watch some Tee Higgins Clemson highlights to feel a little better about our Oak Ridge Wildcat - ness. Never forget we have a lot to be proud of and more to come....

Go to You Tube and search, " Tee Higgins ( Clemson WR #5 ) vs Georgia Tech 2019 - All Snaps "

I like to look at plays Tee makes without the ball. He blocks the heck out of players along the sidelines as Travis ETN # 9 runs by for a TD. I hope I can find this All Snaps video for all the games.

Edited by WillieTheWildcats

Okay, I don't know how y'all are going to pull this off and I don't want to know...JUST DO IT!

MISSION  # 1:  Monday at 5:30pm be at Blankenship Field to support the FRESHMEN Wildcats vs Anderson County.

-- ALSO --

MISSION # 2 : Monday at 6pm be at Campbell County to support the JUNIOR VARSITY Wildcats vs the CC Cougars.

Two places at one time...WE GOT THIS! WE ARE OAK RIDGE!

Oh, where will I be?  Eating dinner in Hixson / Chattanooga and being glad I am not somewhere sitting in 96 degree heat watching high school football  :razz:

• Like 1

In the Campbell County game last Friday night, # 14 QB Mitchell Gibbons entered the Oak Ridge Football Record Book.

His 5 TD passes places him tied for First All-Time TD Passes in a Single Game. Four other Wildcat signal callers  also have 5 TD passes in a game.

# 14's 248 passing yards ranks Sixth All-Time for passing yards in a single game.

RWR!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1