Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

Don’t think it’s just Maryville we have had to cancel on y’all. This has happened about 4 other times this JV/Frosh season. Not sure what’s going on, but according to my buddy who has a boy on the JV team, we have played a total of about 4 games. Not sure what’s going on, but not good for our lower classes in terms of getting good experience.

4 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Don’t think it’s just Maryville we have had to cancel on y’all. This has happened about 4 other times this JV/Frosh season. Not sure what’s going on, but according to my buddy who has a boy on the JV team, we have played a total of about 4 games. Not sure what’s going on, but not good for our lower classes in terms of getting good experience.

Yeah they need those reps on Monday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

This is a little story about a school called Heritage High School that cancelled all their freshmen and JV games after the first JV game last year. You had a group of kids going out getting their brains beat in every Friday Night that were playing the whole game while the boy's that should of been on a JV/Freshmen team all watched from the sidelines the whole entire year and didn't get one ounce of playing experience. I'm sure the coach felt in his mind that the same thing would happen in the JV games as well before cancelling those games but that don't matter. If everyone of those boys learned something it would help carry into the next year. Well next year is this year and actually Heritage has played a few teams well for a while but the whole thing explodes the second half because the boys that set and watched last year have no experience forcing the team to play the starters the entire game. That's what happens when a coach forgets to plant his seeds for the next year, he has a very thin garden. Could that be why Oak Ridge is now just coming on since the last time I saw them in August. The garden looked pretty thin that day to me.

• 4 weeks later...

Just watched the Coaches Show from Pizza Inn on You Tube. # 21, SR RB,  Tyrell Romano was the guest and he impressed me with his high character, articulation, humor and respect for the Oak Ridge football program and Coach Joe Gaddis. I hope his desire to play college football / pursue music come true.

PS

This thread was found on Page Six. NEVER let that happen again. We are Oak Ridge and our thread should always be near the top.

Beat West, RWR!

When the problems are laced throughout this thread, and they repeat year after year... you gotta admit the root of the problem is at the top.  Oak Ridge ALWAYS underachieves with Gaddis.  It is well known and observable by everyone across East TN, yet he is insulated in his bubble and will never leave.  He must believe he is great and the kids are always the problem  How about not mentioning an offense that never makes sense and never gets the ball to play-makers effectively... reference one Tee Higgins...

BASKETBALL TIME IN OAK RIDGE...

The Oak Ridge Boys Basketball team and District 3-AAA Boys Basketball now have threads on the CoachT.com Boys Basketball Board.

The Oak Ridge Lady Wildcat Basketball team now has a thread on the CoachT.com Girls Basketball Board.

REMINDER...I live in Hixson / Chattanooga so anything I post I get off the Internet or various Social Media Sites. We need posts from people who actually go to the games or have other sources of information. POST PEOPLE, PLEASE!

RWR!

Edited by WillieTheWildcats
  • Like 1