Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

You are correct Beach Hound. Coach Gaddis needs to retire. He has never been effective running this football program. He had great talent and should have won four or more state championships. The assistant coaches also need to retire. The AD needs to clean house with the entire coaching staff. I no longer give money to support the football program. 

20 minutes ago, Elwoodoakridge said:

You are correct Beach Hound. Coach Gaddis needs to retire. He has never been effective running this football program. He had great talent and should have won four or more state championships. The assistant coaches also need to retire. The AD needs to clean house with the entire coaching staff. I no longer give money to support the football program. 

Other than loosing to walker valley how has gaddis ever been outcoached when hes been back? How does one fire and clean house when assistant coaches may make a max of 5k a year? Sign me up because high school assistant coaches make alot of money and everyone is chomping at the bits to do it!

5 hours ago, Elwoodoakridge said:

I do not agree with anything about this post. BUT TO BE FAIR, a month or so ago a person posted that Oak Ridge should replace Coach Gaddis with Elizabethton Coach Witten.

Friday night Betsy defeated two time State Champions Greenville. When we do lose Coach Gaddis then Coach Witten seems like a beast.

Looking back on this year it reminded me of 1986, and it actually turned out better than 86. We were able to score more points later in the season. win a playoff game. This team had talent gaps in several positions and I thought the coaching staff did the best they could to cover them and stay in games, again, we didn't have the game breakers we had last year and it showed.  We lost games we should have won, and won some we could have lost.  We had mighty Powell beat, and I thought West was the best team we played all year, and we hung in for three quarters with them last week. The difference was they had the burners and game breakers and we didn't. I had a very good football coach tell me once that "it doesn't matter how good a coach you are, you got to have players that can execute what you are teaching them". Yes, we had Tee Higgins and some other good players in the years preceding, but you can also look at those teams and see spots we were not talented, we never had all the pieces, either our lines were small, or the secondary couldn't cover athletically, and you have to have all the pieces to win 10 games plus 5 playoff games. and two of those years we lost to Catholic, which had advantages up front and we hung in there with them, but could not finish.  So, even if Coach Gaddis does retire, and I think that is his decision right now, does the talent levels improve?  Can a new coach come in and raise that level?  Can he bring all the staff he wants, will they have teaching positions for all of them? Will Oak Ridge pay for big name coach like Witten. Eventually there will be a change, the question is, who is to follow, a good coach could do well, but unless he gets the talent levels of 1991 or 2005, can he win it all?  On the other hand, the wrong coach could really tank it. Think about it. Meanwhile, fan and donor support is always needed. 

• Like 2

That's OK Willie everyone is entitled to one mistake. Just don't make anymore.HaHa I didn't think us Oke Gridgers made mistakes or were ever wrong. But some of these folks on the"T" seem to think we don't know nothing. Oh Well boring Sunday night so I just babble on. All you kids go to your rooms, I'm tired of your smart mouths! Boy I used to yell that at my kids .... didn't scare them or make them go to their rooms but I let of some steam. I'm going to bed  nite nite.

WILDCAT PRIDE 

On 11/23/2019 at 1:30 AM, WillieTheWildcats said:

I do not agree with anything about this post. BUT TO BE FAIR, a month or so ago a person posted that Oak Ridge should replace Coach Gaddis with Elizabethton Coach Witten.

Friday night Betsy defeated two time State Champions Greenville. When we do lose Coach Gaddis then Coach Witten seems like a beast.

You think the Witten's are gonna leave 'Lizbethton?  Ain't no way.