Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

Notes from the Tennessee vs Georgia Border Bowl game...

~~ GA won 13 - 0

~~ Coach Graham was the Head Coach of the Tennessee team. He announced it was his last game coaching. He wants to have time to follow Jordan in college. Oak Ridge will have a new coach.

~~Jordan says he is going to the University of Memphis, my late brother's alma mater.

~~In my opinion, Jeremy Mitchell was the best defensive player on the Orange team and was a beast from his Safety position. 

~~ Jordan wore # 5 in honor of Tee Higgins???

~~ Jeremy wore # 13 in honor of Herbert Booker???

~~ JR Johnson was solid on the Tennessee DL. He wore # 99.

~~ Tennessee could have won this game with Herbert Booker at QB and DB. The only players with equal athletic ability as Herd was the nephew of Sterling Hilton from Fulton ( Fenderson ) and a guy from Ooltewah.

...Best of luck to the Wildcats Seniors and keep grinding to the rest of the team.

Edited by WillieTheWildcats

Ive been reading all this stuff about TSSAA not happy about losing money this yr compared to yr b4.Fans not showing up for playoffs and was down like 15%.They talked about lowering ticket prices which I don't think will help much.But it really seems to me they are thinking hard about going back to only 5 classes or maybe even 4.Talked about 67% of teams made the playoffs this yr and that there is too many bad matchups.I just hope our Wildcat fans keep traveling to these road games.We have talent,new updates at the ship and have been so close to Cookeville.We need to make this a special yr and not look back.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:28 PM, SweetScience said:

Yeah, you don't get better playing bad teams, and no offense to SC, but the past few years they just haven't been very good.

I think the schedule is stupid, I think whoever put it together is stupid, I think playing Mt Juliet is stupid, and I think anyone who sees any benefit whatsoever in playing Mt Juliet is stupid.

1 hour ago, catswild said:

I think the schedule is stupid, I think whoever put it together is stupid, I think playing Mt Juliet is stupid, and I think anyone who sees any benefit whatsoever in playing Mt Juliet is stupid.

Seriously, Cats, how do you feel about the schedule? I doubt too many schools were wanting to play OR. 

3 hours ago, catswild said:

Would you have rather come to Rutherford County and play...........oh lets see......Oakland?  Blackman?

You play tough, to be TOUGH in the playoffs!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, froshpop said:

Seriously, Cats, how do you feel about the schedule? I doubt too many schools were wanting to play OR. 

In case I wasn't clear, the schedule is very STUPID! And the main thing that makes it stupid is playing Mt Juliet. First of all, where the *#&@ is Mt Juliet? Next, since they almost beat Oakland last year, what do we gain by playing them? And lastly, if we must play them (actually we MUST NOT play them), what in the %&*# are we playing right before the toughest district games we have?????????  Poor scheduling...correction...STUPID SCHEDULING!!!!!

14 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Would you have rather come to Rutherford County and play...........oh lets see......Oakland?  Blackman?

You play tough, to be TOUGH in the playoffs!

What difference would it make? They lost to Oakland 14-7 and they probably have had and will continue to have the best defense in middle Tennessee, if not in the whole state. Stupid decision to play them...pointless...foolish...and if I haven't said it...STUPID!

7 hours ago, catswild said:

What difference would it make? They lost to Oakland 14-7 and they probably have had and will continue to have the best defense in middle Tennessee, if not in the whole state. Stupid decision to play them...pointless...foolish...and if I haven't said it...STUPID!

Would you rather us play Oliver Springs?

16 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Would you rather us play Oliver Springs?

No, but there's a HUGE difference between Mt Juliet and OS! How about South Doyle, Jefferson County, Cleveland, Central, Bearden, Anderson County.....the list goes on. But instead, we picked quite possibly the best defensive team in the state in 6A and we're playing them directly before our two biggest district games!!!!!  AND FOR WHAT?????????????????????

STUPID

STUPID

STUPID

37 minutes ago, catswild said:

No, but there's a HUGE difference between Mt Juliet and OS! How about South Doyle, Jefferson County, Cleveland, Central, Bearden, Anderson County.....the list goes on. But instead, we picked quite possibly the best defensive team in the state in 6A and we're playing them directly before our two biggest district games!!!!!  AND FOR WHAT?????????????????????

STUPID

STUPID

STUPID

We play them every year.   They have had our number the last few years but they are not unbeatable.