Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

18 hours ago, bounder said:

Yeah that view looks great but go over to the visitors side and you have to look at the home side! And it's sorry looking!!

Bounder just can't help himself. He catches himself saying something positive and cringes, so he follows it up with something very negative. While I agree that the home side is in need of some major work in the coming years, as I looked at Blankenship field a few days ago (I went up to check on the progress of the turf), the home side was far from what I would describe as "sorry"! But to each his own. Bounder is welcome to his own negative view of things.

11 hours ago, IanMackaye said:

Oak Ridge used to be the dominant sports program in the area and one of the pre-eminent programs in the state, but not any more. It’s been a while since OR won anything. 

If you're talking about state championships, then I agree with you 100%. If you're talking about "winning", then I would have to say that the OR football team, boys basketball team, and girls basketball teams have won quite a few games in recent years. But OR is definitely not THE dominant sports program in the state any more.

8 hours ago, bonkers said:

Bounder just can't help himself. He catches himself saying something positive and cringes, so he follows it up with something very negative. While I agree that the home side is in need of some major work in the coming years, as I looked at Blankenship field a few days ago (I went up to check on the progress of the turf), the home side was far from what I would describe as "sorry"! But to each his own. Bounder is welcome to his own negative view of things.

He does have a tendency of telling the TRUTH, no matter what snowflakes feelings gets hurt.

Suck it up and actually go on the visitors side and look at it first before blasting Bounder.

43 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

He does have a tendency of telling the TRUTH, no matter what snowflakes feelings gets hurt.

Suck it up and actually go on the visitors side and look at it first before blasting Bounder.

I don’t need a lesson on the truth from you and for your information, my feelings weren’t hurt at all, since I’m not responsible for the The stadium/bleachers. I didn’t say he didn’t tell the truth, but I don’t agree with HIS truth at all. I don’t think any part of Blankenship Field is SORRY. I do think a lot of work needs to be done but it’s not SORRY (that’s MY truth). By the way, when was the last time you were at Blankenship Field?

11 hours ago, bonkers said:

If you're talking about state championships, then I agree with you 100%. If you're talking about "winning", then I would have to say that the OR football team, boys basketball team, and girls basketball teams have won quite a few games in recent years. But OR is definitely not THE dominant sports program in the state any more.

Set the bar where you want to, but if you’re actually talking “winning” then it has to be state championships. The last one for Oak Ridge was about ten years ago.

Thank You LOD if these folks are satisfied with "The Ship" like it so be it! But nobody in this town is going to give the school or city 4 or 5 million dollars to finish the remake so I guess we'll just have to be satisfied with it the way it is. I guess bonkers has never been in the press box or even worse the locker rooms.

I don't expect anything else to get done but .... What they have done looks great! 

12 hours ago, IanMackaye said:

Set the bar where you want to, but if you’re actually talking “winning” then it has to be state championships. The last one for Oak Ridge was about ten years ago.

I'm not even sure what state championship OR won 10 years ago. It's been closer to 30 years since OR won one in football and I guess around 60 years in boys basketball (I guess around 20 years in girls basketball). Since you mentioned 10 years, my research shows that in the last 10 years football has won 75% of its games, boys basketball has won 81% of its games, and girls basketball has won 70% of its games. Unfortunately no state championships though in what seems like an eternity. But I would say OR definitely has "winning" programs but definitely isn't the top program in the area. And I think all of the OR fans are more than ready for a championship!

9 hours ago, bounder said:

Thank You LOD if these folks are satisfied with "The Ship" like it so be it! But nobody in this town is going to give the school or city 4 or 5 million dollars to finish the remake so I guess we'll just have to be satisfied with it the way it is. I guess bonkers has never been in the press box or even worse the locker rooms.

I don't expect anything else to get done but .... What they have done looks great! 

There you go putting words in the mouths of others. I haven't read on here where anyone said they were "satisfied" with the "Ship" like it is. I would prefer that the home bleachers and the press box be replaced. I haven't seen the locker rooms but I'll take your word for their condition. I just don't go to Blankenship Field and ever have the word "sorry" enter my mind. I still think it's a great place to play a high school football game, despite its shortcomings.