Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

On 4/3/2019 at 7:16 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

Absolutely right!  Mr. Football runner and Rankin insisted on throw, throw, throw that night when all year it had been run, run, run!  Thing is Gaston had been making some good gains on the ground.  Now you know why even his assistants say he THREW the game.  Y'all had a passing game, while we were one or two tops passing every game.  Thomas was lucky if he could hit himself in the butt with both hands.  On his long pass attempts it was heave and pray one of our receivers ran under it.

Was that the Thanksgiving weekend of 05, I was there that night and I have to agree. Rankin got out of character. That QB could run and the RB. 

4 hours ago, GIJoe said:

Was that the Thanksgiving weekend of 05, I was there that night and I have to agree. Rankin got out of character. That QB could run and the RB. 

Yes, that was my son's LAST game.  It was so bad Rankin would NOT ride on the bus with them home.  A good thing too because there was a bunch on those busses that wanted a piece of Rankin.  The players were not too happy either.

While he (Rankin) may have been there to meet the players and staff, he was NOT in the parking lot where folks could see and 'TALK' to him about the game.  I was there to get the son as he was not in any sort of mood to drive my/his truck.  Son could not make up his mind if he wanted to cuss or cry.  I let him do BOTH so his Mother would not have to hear it.

Now to heck with Rankin, lets talk about OR football!

Edited by Lost Old Dad

I wondered if LOD would tell you all the way it was down to Riverdale. He and I have been friends since that game, we met over some ribs ,Ron Meyers and I cooked for the boosters that night. You never know the facts about a program, until you are involved with it. So don't judge till you know the facts. That sounds like something my Dad told me back in the 50's HaHa

Anyhow thanks LOD for setting them straight.

9 hours ago, bounder said:

I wondered if LOD would tell you all the way it was down to Riverdale. He and I have been friends since that game, we met over some ribs ,Ron Meyers and I cooked for the boosters that night. You never know the facts about a program, until you are involved with it. So don't judge till you know the facts. That sounds like something my Dad told me back in the 50's HaHa

Anyhow thanks LOD for setting them straight.

I have to give Oak Ridge credit though as y'all played a heck of a good game.  Y'all earned EVERY point y'all scored.  I was so very impressed with the G. Brothers.  I put 'G' because I do not know how to spell their names and I will not mess it up out of respect for them.

BTW for those that are unfortunate enough to have not had them, Bounder cooks KILLER RIBS!!!!!!!!!  Both myself and my Mother had them and we both LOVED them.  When my Mother went into Hospice, the night before she died we discussed that game and those RIBS.  She expressed the opinion they were the best she had ever eaten.  Bounder, Brother for that, Thank You!

Edited by Lost Old Dad

1 hour ago, Lost Old Dad said:

I know the school that will let you have him.  Just say the word! 

LaVergne would probably be glad to get Shad as he is the much better Coach.

Excuse me sir,

Are you referring to the coach who canceled practice all week before a winnable game, the coach who got mad at players for goofing off at practice and canceled the rest of practice, or the coach who couldn't get the team ready to beat a mediocre 4A team? Or, maybe it's the coach who has won less games than the last two coaches before him despite having similar talent and an easier schedule? Oh wait... All of those are the same guy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ConcernedWBDad said:

Excuse me sir,

Are you referring to the coach who canceled practice all week before a winnable game, the coach who got mad at players for goofing off at practice and canceled the rest of practice, or the coach who couldn't get the team ready to beat a mediocre 4A team? Or, maybe it's the coach who has won less games than the last two coaches before him despite having similar talent and an easier schedule? Oh wait... All of those are the same guy.

288nybq.jpg

Just a quick drop in...what Oak Ridge team will show up this year? Highly motivated and we can win State. We have a special QB. An offensive line with experience. Skill players on Offense. Key Defensive players like Adams with even more skill players on that side of the ball.

If I had to name the most important factor in Oak Ridge's success it would be player Leadership.

One last thought....if you have already commented negatively about the new turf, we get it. Let it go. The field is down and no complaining is going to rip it up.

Now on to other Blankenship improvement projects. My first goal would be the  locker rooms for the players.

7 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Just a quick drop in...what Oak Ridge team will show up this year? Highly motivated and we can win State. We have a special QB. An offensive line with experience. Skill players on Offense. Key Defensive players like Adams with even more skill players on that side of the ball.

If I had to name the most important factor in Oak Ridge's success it would be player Leadership.

One last thought....if you have already commented negatively about the new turf, we get it. Let it go. The field is down and no complaining is going to rip it up.

Now on to other Blankenship improvement projects. My first goal would be the  locker rooms for the players.

Mine would be an escalator UP.  Everyone should walk down the stairs at least once in their lives, but having an enjoyable way UP would save lives.  Especially for old farts like me!  LOL

The players have walls and a roof.  How much more do you need to change clothes?

As to things needed for the visitor side, a direct line for the draft beer at Big Ed's would be nice.

• Like 1