Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

I look for Romano to break out now that he will be feature RB.Its a shame he was hurt in playoffs.Also im hoping the kicking game gets back to avg or better.I love Adams and he is the best player left on the team but Jack Replogle is a heck of a player that don't get much praise.Isaiah and Jacquez will be good skill guys on both sides.Jonathan Stewart has the size to really take it to another level if he puts the work in this off season.O and D line will be a yr older and hopefully start being a strength instead of a weakness.Last 2 guys we need to grow up fast is Preston Turner and K.Jackson.Turner was key in going undefeated for Freshman team couple of yrs ago and Jackson has the talent to be the best RB we have had here in 10yrs.Graham was great but with his size needed a hole we couldn't give him a lot of the time.Jackson can be that RB that makes thing happen.Lets just hope we are working yr around.We have been so close to a State Title that we just need to do all the little things to get over the hump.We cant wait till summer to start getting ready.Go Cats

On 11/21/2018 at 8:51 PM, STILLNUM1 said:

I look for Romano to break out now that he will be feature RB.Its a shame he was hurt in playoffs.Also im hoping the kicking game gets back to avg or better.I love Adams and he is the best player left on the team but Jack Replogle is a heck of a player that don't get much praise.Isaiah and Jacquez will be good skill guys on both sides.Jonathan Stewart has the size to really take it to another level if he puts the work in this off season.O and D line will be a yr older and hopefully start being a strength instead of a weakness.Last 2 guys we need to grow up fast is Preston Turner and K.Jackson.Turner was key in going undefeated for Freshman team couple of yrs ago and Jackson has the talent to be the best RB we have had here in 10yrs.Graham was great but with his size needed a hole we couldn't give him a lot of the time.Jackson can be that RB that makes thing happen.Lets just hope we are working yr around.We have been so close to a State Title that we just need to do all the little things to get over the hump.We cant wait till summer to start getting ready.Go Cats

Having watched this team since the late 90s, Id say today we have rare talent. Sure, we had a 5 Star, but even with him, we didn’t win State or even get out of the quarterfinals. 

Going out on a limb but I’d say this 2019 team has a very clear shot something special. And lookout for those 10th grade kids who never got to play but were part of the only undefeated freshman squad since I can remember. 

Edited by ORDT

46 minutes ago, ORDT said:

Having watched this team since the late 90s, Id say today we have rare talent. Sure, we had a 5 Star, but even with him, we didn’t win State or even get out of the quarterfinals. 

Going out on a limb but I’d say this 2019 team has a very clear shot something special. And lookout for those 10th grade kids who never got to play but were part of the only undefeated freshman squad since I can remember. 

Hopefully we can get over the hump in '19! God knows how close we have been the past few years.

I think next yr is wide open on the East side of the state in 5A. Fulton would be the 1st name that comes up. But they are extremely SR heavy. I can only think of maybe 2 or 3 starters that's returning. That's on both sides of the ball. OR will have some holes to fill. But the athletes are their, the QB has a bright future. My early pick for 5A in this area would be. Central 

On 11/22/2018 at 9:39 PM, ORDT said:

Defensive backs to replace 13, 7, 12, and 1 will be hard to come by. Fact is, there’s nobody that caliber coming up. The defense, WR, and skill players take a huge hit! 

23 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

As long as BD Gaddis is roaming the sideline, OR has a chance. That man has to have the most intimidating sideline presence in the whole state. I bet his presence alone counts for at least 8.5 wins.

I agree that he intimidates many and always will. 

On 11/21/2018 at 8:51 PM, STILLNUM1 said:

The young Jackson has the makings of a Star. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2018 at 9:20 AM, ORDT said:

What other coach at OR is from Alcoa? And I can't imagine Coach Miner being replaced; that dude is a stud DC unless they were planning to move him to OC.

Minor has done very good except in the biggest game in the last 10-15 years (gave up 42) but I can’t see him being replaced