Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

May 2, 2019 at 6 PM is the Night of Champions Lift a thon in the High School.

May 6, 2019 is the start of Spring Practice. 

Anybody know how hard the team is working out? If they aren't putting the effort in now they will just be okay in the Season. Just okay is not good enough in Oak Ridge.

I believe we have very good talent. The key is the players desire to work their very hardest.

Nothing better than being an Oak Ridge Wildcat fan. RWR!

Last two years I watched in horror as Oak Ridge misused one of the most elusive players I've ever seen in my lifetime. Had they been at Alcoa I promise you all he would have rushed for 3.000 yards plus and 2,000 at most any other decent teams. Maybe his father had something to do with it or did Gaddis choose this route. I also watched as another two players four years ago were misused and one which is on Clemson and the other at UT. Does Oak Ridge have any other possible D1 tallent and if so how will they be misused. I have a lot of respect for Oak Ridge Football as a second or third favorite team to follow because of it's rich history and also met some of the best fans over the years I really enjoy talking with. I've seen a lot of football in my life but when a team has a difference maker and their misused it is a very painful thing to watch.

Edited by BarneySox2007

Barney you are being  hard on Oak Ridge but I admit I have often thought what you wrote but kept it to myself. You are just being honest so I can't get mad at you.

The running back you mentioned did have a difficult time at OR. A great freshmen season then injuries played a role in his up and down seasons. I also got a feeling he got frustrated from time to time. He never quit on his teammates so I have great respect for him.

As for the UT player, coming to Oak Ridge and working with coaches like Coach Graham are why he is at UT now. He just took a long time to mature into a person and player you can count on.

I don't know the guy you mentioned at Clemson. He must not be too good.

KIDDING!!!! Tee worked his butt off at Oak Ridge. Most (all) teams geared everything they had to stop Tee from going off. I always thought Tee gave it his all and the coaches used him correctly.

Finally, I do wonder why OR did not win a State Championship in the last five years. Did we not use the players right? Did we just not have the talent? Coaching a problem? Catholic's recruiting too much to overcome? Fulton just that good?

Whatever. I am going to block all the old stuff out and cheer for the current Wildcats.

Willie two years ago Oak Ridge came over to Maryville for a scrimmage and the two or three times Graham touched the ball he made us look helpless. He even got lose for one long touchdown run but other than that it was a total shutdown and not much of a scrimmage at all. That's why I question what goes on over there. I never have ever doubted OR don't have other good players that can take the pressure off the big names when being double teamed. Just my thoughts and yes I do believe in all my being that OR should have had at least one if not two trophies from those years.

The stupidity on Coacht has never been more apparent than is evident on this page. The uninformed and ignorant comments on this page just make me laugh.  And please tell us all the former ORHS player who is currently at UT. For the life of me, after conducting an exhaustive search in every way that I know how, I can't find one.

4 hours ago, bonkers said:

The stupidity on Coacht has never been more apparent than is evident on this page. The uninformed and ignorant comments on this page just make me laugh.  And please tell us all the former ORHS player who is currently at UT. For the life of me, after conducting an exhaustive search in every way that I know how, I can't find one.

I can't tell if you're joking or not about the player at UT.  Just in case you're not joking, the player is Darel Middleton.

30 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I can't tell if you're joking or not about the player at UT.  Just in case you're not joking, the player is Darel Middleton.

He's not at UT yet.  Still trying to get his transcript send from his juco to UT and try to get admitted.  

This may not sit well with the OR folks, but I will be surprised if he ever plays a down at UT.  And it has nothing to do with ability.  The kid is a physical freak of nature.  

Edited by HTV

9 minutes ago, HTV said:

This may not sit well with the OR folks, but I will be surprised if he ever plays a down at UT.  And it has nothing to do with ability.  The kid is a physical freak of nature.  

Agreed.  I  will take that one further.  If this UT staff can get him admitted and he stays eligible and he is contributing on the field in a meaningful game, then this staff might just have what it takes to get UT turned around.       

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Agreed.  I  will take that one further.  If this UT staff can get him admitted and he stays eligible and he is contributing on the field in a meaningful game, then this staff might just have what it takes to get UT turned around.       

I've said all along that if Fulmer can get him admitted that it's back to the old days when UT was flourishing under the Battle Captain.