Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

5 hours ago, CardinalGrey said:

ORHS Football practice starts Monday, June 10th.  Several players have been going to various camps and combines.  

Mitchell Gibbons and Camden Mlekodaj were at U.T. Friday, Gibbons and Walker Rice attended on Saturday.

Jacob Adams has been invited to the Blue-Gray All-American Super Combine at Dallas Cowboys Stadium.

Gibbons and Vinny West were at E.T.S.U. last weekend for a Prospect Camp.

More camps are coming and we will have players attending throughout the Summer.

Thanks for the info....the cream will rise to the top this summer with all the extra work being put in.

Summer Sweat brings Fall success. WRW!

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2019 at 10:16 PM, oridgecat said:

Definitely a pathetic joke to be the driver of the Dragon Wagon.  1-9 again.  That must really suck to watch that garbage year in and year out.  Time for a coaching search.

Be very interesting to see how McCamey does in his third year at Clinton. People of Clinton are expecting better this year from what I'm hearing.

288a2d2.jpg

23 hours ago, CardinalGrey said:

ORHS Football practice starts Monday, June 10th.  Several players have been going to various camps and combines.  

Mitchell Gibbons and Camden Mlekodaj were at U.T. Friday, Gibbons and Walker Rice attended on Saturday.

Jacob Adams has been invited to the Blue-Gray All-American Super Combine at Dallas Cowboys Stadium.

Gibbons and Vinny West were at E.T.S.U. last weekend for a Prospect Camp.

More camps are coming and we will have players attending throughout the Summer.

Are you sure about that? I can't imagine starting practice that early. When I played, we started in August.  If what you say is true, the team will be worn out by the time the season even starts.

https://www.oakridgefootball.net/

The website has important dates and news for Oak Ridge Football.  If you are viewing on a phone, you may need to scroll down to the bottom to view the dates.  

With the current school schedule, Oak Ridge High School students report for school on July 29th.

They started practice about the same time last year due to the school schedule.

Edited by CardinalGrey
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, CardinalGrey said:

www oakridgefootball net

The website has important dates and news for Oak Ridge Football.  If you are viewing on a phone, you may need to scroll down to the bottom to view the dates.  

With the current school schedule, Oak Ridge High School students report for school on July 29th.

They started practice about the same time last year due to the school schedule.

I still think that's way too early.

In an attempt to keep this Oak Ridge folder active during the summer months, think of questions that will spark responses from Wildcat fans.  

The 1991 State Championship season was SPECIAL no doubt. Many memories that will last a lifetime. However, I still want to forget ONE play from that season. What play do you want to forget from 1991?

I will give my answer in the next post.  Also, my next question will be positive.

57 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

In an attempt to keep this Oak Ridge folder active during the summer months, think of questions that will spark responses from Wildcat fans.  

The 1991 State Championship season was SPECIAL no doubt. Many memories that will last a lifetime. However, I still want to forget ONE play from that season. What play do you want to forget from 1991?

I will give my answer in the next post.  Also, my next question will be positive.

On a wet Fall Saturday, Oak Ridge played host to Paducah  Tilghman  from Kentucky. The field was a wet mess. Tilgram was lead by future University of Kentucky QB Billy Jack Haskins. The game was a nail biter with evenly matched teams. Near the end of the game, the Wildcats scored and went for two. It failed. We lost.

Oak Ridge went on to win the Tennessee Class AAA Championship. Many years later I read some quotes from an USA Today writer who said he watched Oak Ridge dismantle Gallatin in the Tennessee Championship game and felt if they had beat Tilghman they would have been the USA Today High School National Champions. 

If that is true or not, I still try to erase that play against Paducah everyday.

Edited by WillieTheWildcats
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

On a wet Fall Saturday, Oak Ridge played host to Paducah  Tilghman  from Kentucky. The field was a wet mess. Tilgram was lead by future University of Kentucky QB Billy Jack Haskins. The game was a nail biter with evenly matched teams. Near the end of the game, the Wildcats scored and went for two. It failed. We lost.

Oak Ridge went on to win the Tennessee Class AAA Championship. Many years later I read some quotes from an USA Today writer who said he watched Oak Ridge dismantle Gallatin in the Tennessee Championship game and felt if they had beat Tilghman they would have been the USA Today High School National Champions. 

If that is true or not, I still try to erase that play against Paducah everyday.

That play really stands out to me too, WW. That loss really hurt me as a young 12 year old kid, but the year before when Central (led by the great Todd Helton) thrashed us 49-14 I thought the world was coming to an end. I actually cried! That one was hard to watch. One of the worst beatings I have ever seen the Cats take. As you know though, we got our revenge double time the next year. :)

Edited by SweetScience
  • Upvote 1