Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Sorry for the confusion. I have just sort of started calling everybody in the back field a RB. Jacob would be a FB if he got the nod to give it a go.

Agreed, he is a throw back Butkus like LB with big hitting capabilities. I can only speculate what he'd be like in the backfield.....that would be fun to see. Do we even have a power back/FB???? Kid is fast, only makes sense to see him in the goal line situations. he played TE??? In Jr High at bearden?? He has good hands?

2 hours ago, catswild said:

He's a very good high school linebacker and maybe he could play fullback if we had one...but "running back"?????

"Very good" HS LB....I'm going to take a stab at this one.....

Was confirmed that he was selected to play in the Blue Grey All American Bowl Game.....at an NFL VENUE....on ESPN....easy to give him the label of "GREAT" LB. How many other LBs from TN were selected to play in that game?????

22 minutes ago, ORDT said:

Agreed, he is a throw back Butkus like LB with big hitting capabilities. I can only speculate what he'd be like in the backfield.....that would be fun to see. Do we even have a power back/FB???? Kid is fast, only makes sense to see him in the goal line situations. he played TE??? In Jr High at bearden?? He has good hands?

I haven't seen us play with a power back or tight end for a long time.

19 minutes ago, ORDT said:

"Very good" HS LB....I'm going to take a stab at this one.....

Was confirmed that he was selected to play in the Blue Grey All American Bowl Game.....at an NFL VENUE....on ESPN....easy to give him the label of "GREAT" LB. How many other LBs from TN were selected to play in that game?????

Very good is a supreme compliment from where I come from. Tee was a GREAT wide receiver. I don't trust camp times (some said Adams ran a faster time than I believe to be true) and these All Star teams are loaded with very good players and some GREAT players. BUT I don't think the mere selection to an All Star team makes a player GREAT...but I think he's very good and I'm sure glad that he's on our team!

1 hour ago, catswild said:

Very good is a supreme compliment from where I come from. Tee was a GREAT wide receiver. I don't trust camp times (some said Adams ran a faster time than I believe to be true) and these All Star teams are loaded with very good players and some GREAT players. BUT I don't think the mere selection to an All Star team makes a player GREAT...but I think he's very good and I'm sure glad that he's on our team!

Oohhhh....so one of them who never gives a 5 out of 5, unless you are the Man himself? Gotcha.

15 hours ago, ORDT said:

Oohhhh....so one of them who never gives a 5 out of 5, unless you are the Man himself? Gotcha.

To the contrary, I give Tee a 5...I give Adams a 4.5. I think Tee is a GREAT wide receiver and I think Adams is a VERY GOOD linebacker. You act as if I don't appreciate Adams...but I do. I think he is one of the top 2-3 players on the team and is the best OR linebacker in recent memory!

1 hour ago, catswild said:

To the contrary, I give Tee a 5...I give Adams a 4.5. I think Tee is a GREAT wide receiver and I think Adams is a VERY GOOD linebacker. You act as if I don't appreciate Adams...but I do. I think he is one of the top 2-3 players on the team and is the best OR linebacker in recent memory!

Agreed!! RWR!