Oak Ridge Football 2019

ORDT

19 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

U can tell me he is sitting beside you right now and it still don't change nothing on my end but forget about how good who knows who.It don't matter right now.But I think Oak Ridge is a better job in every way.You wanna talk about last time we won state like that means we haven't been good since then.When was last time Central had a really good team pre Rossier.I don't feel like looking it up but I only remember blistering Central in the last 15 or so yrs when we played.Oak Ridge has been good enuff to win state plenty of times since we won but for different reasons hasn't got it done,You act like Central has been a powerhouse over the last 15 or so yrs.You made it to semis because you had a cakewalk in 2017.Oak Ridge would've blasted yall in 2017 so what does making it to semis mean.And besides this yr when Oak Ridge was really down when have you had more talent than Oak Ridge.More money,loaded with young talent,Upgrades to an already great place to play.I cant think of any reason you would wanna coach at Central over Oak Ridge unless you went there.

It’s funny you say OR was “good enuff” to win state plenty of times but hasn’t got the job done for “different reasons.” :roflol:your entire post is excuse after excuse in every way. You wanna ask how good we were pre Rosser? Won 10 plus games every year up until 07 and yeah we declined. You bring up 2017(notice how you forgot 16 and last year) when we had our top 2 QBs go down with season ending injuries and no we didn’t have a cakewalk to anything. Loaded with young talent is OR? So are we big boy. Basically your sour because I’m telling you and every OR fan right now, ROSSER IS NOT LEAVING CENTRAL. Deal with it 

1 hour ago, CardinalGrey said:

I don't think that too many people in Oak Ridge care.  Thanks anyhow.

I will be rooting for Central to win State then I could care less about the Bobcats until we ever play them. Don't mean that to sound ugly, it is just how I feel. 

Happy Christmas and Merry New Years. Something like that. Don't forget Christmas Eve...my brother Mark was born on that day in 1959 but passed away three years ago. We celebrate pretty hard that night in his honor because he always felt we sort of let his special day slide by. Sorry bro.

2 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I will be rooting for Central to win State then I could care less about the Bobcats until we ever play them. Don't mean that to sound ugly, it is just how I feel. 

Happy Christmas and Merry New Years. Something like that. Don't forget Christmas Eve...my brother Mark was born on that day in 1959 but passed away three years ago. We celebrate pretty hard that night in his honor because he always felt we sort of let his special day slide by. Sorry bro.

Completely understandable Willie, thanks for support. Sorry for your loss

12 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

It’s funny you say OR was “good enuff” to win state plenty of times but hasn’t got the job done for “different reasons.” :roflol:your entire post is excuse after excuse in every way. You wanna ask how good we were pre Rosser? Won 10 plus games every year up until 07 and yeah we declined. You bring up 2017(notice how you forgot 16 and last year) when we had our top 2 QBs go down with season ending injuries and no we didn’t have a cakewalk to anything. Loaded with young talent is OR? So are we big boy. Basically your sour because I’m telling you and every OR fan right now, ROSSER IS NOT LEAVING CENTRAL. Deal with it 

There's really nothing to deal with because I don't care at all if Rosser stays at Central or leaves (no disrespect intended) but I do hope Central wins the state championship so it stays in East TN!

4 hours ago, bonkers said:

There's really nothing to deal with because I don't care at all if Rosser stays at Central or leaves (no disrespect intended) but I do hope Central wins the state championship so it stays in East TN!

I was mainly referring to ol buddy, guess I shouldn’t have blanketed all OR fans in the same boat. What’s really funny is unless I’ve missed something, isn’t Gaddis still the coach? Which if he is, all this is nothing but rumors and gossip anyway. Thank you for the kind words, hopefully we can get it done tomorrow :thumb:

Congrats Central and good luck. Oak Ridge had a great chance 2018. You were up 3 TDs and started calling pass plays.  Guys like Higgins and Middleton should have brought you at least to championship game you would think. I say this as a casual observer not knowing anything about the inside of your program. What also know is you guys put a darn good product in the field more times than not. Getting there takes luck. Region 3 and Region 4 except for the last couple years we're pretty tough to get through. The top four teams in Region 3 could compete for the number one spot in any other region in 5A. So that region is kind of like the SEC in college football. But that's not to discredit what central has done the last couple of years because they had to play that region to get there. Oh yeah go LSU

Edited by GIJoe
  • Like 2

On 12/4/2019 at 8:00 PM, chsbobcat09 said:

I guess you missed the part about it really don't matter right now.I don't have the time or do I want to argue with  you.Rossier is never leaving Central.Its the best job in the state

On 12/4/2019 at 8:36 AM, bonkers said:

I'm not sure about the pay situation but I'm sure they "take care" of Rosser in some way. If Rosser is smart, and I'm sure that he is, coming to Oak Ridge would not be a wise move for two reasons. First, the expectations are MUCH higher and the fans are rarely, if ever, satisfied, no matter what. Second, and most important, especially when coupled with the first reason, the talent is MUCH greater at Central. Just watch them on TV and you'll see that this is true. Yes, OR has Jackson but Central has much more speed every year, much more overall talent, and many more linemen. If he's smart, he doesn't come here. In addition, it's much harder to recruit kids/families to come to Oak Ridge when they have to pay THOUSANDS for tuition. There's no such problem in Knox County,

If you have watched both play over last 10 yrs and think the talent at Central is MUCH greater than I don't know what you was watching.This yr no doubt.But other than that Oak Ridge has had just as much or more talent more times than not.I will agree with Oak Ridge being at a disadvantage with tuition.The Oak Ridge Oline has been a problem and a lot of that is talent but the coaching has let us down way too much.I don't think our staff has been bad but they sure haven't been really good and at a place like Oak Ridge the coaching should be at worse really good.When the HC job is open really good coaches from all over apply for a reason.Your just telling what u believe and that's fine but I hope watching this yrs team hasn't got you down to think this yr was close to normal

2 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I guess you missed the part about it really don't matter right now.I don't have the time or do I want to argue with  you.Rossier is never leaving Central.Its the best job in the state

Yet again, all I’m hearing is excuses. You talk about the past 10 years who’s had the greater success and talent, ok. Over that span OR’s best season was a semifinal appearance in 2010 and that’s the farthest they’ve been and the only time they made it that far including all the Tee years  :shock:. Yeah we had down years, all programs do except Maryville and Alcoa because they have stability in place with their coaching staff like we now do. I’m sorry to bust your bubble, but it’s like Coach told me the other day. He’s getting real tired of everyone getting on social media and message boards starting rumors about him leaving Central when he has no plans to for now. It’s taking away from this years team and the accomplishments those kids and Coaches had and putting him under a spotlight that’s not even there. And bud your one of those people. Like I’ve said a thousand times, will he be at Central forever? Probably not, but he has no intentions of leaving in the near future. My advice to OR, get behind the LEGEND you have coaching you now with all this “young talent.”

9 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Yet again, all I’m hearing is excuses. You talk about the past 10 years who’s had the greater success and talent, ok. Over that span OR’s best season was a semifinal appearance in 2010 and that’s the farthest they’ve been and the only time they made it that far including all the Tee years  :shock:. Yeah we had down years, all programs do except Maryville and Alcoa because they have stability in place with their coaching staff like we now do. I’m sorry to bust your bubble, but it’s like Coach told me the other day. He’s getting real tired of everyone getting on social media and message boards starting rumors about him leaving Central when he has no plans to for now. It’s taking away from this years team and the accomplishments those kids and Coaches had and putting him under a spotlight that’s not even there. And bud your one of those people. Like I’ve said a thousand times, will he be at Central forever? Probably not, but he has no intentions of leaving in the near future. My advice to OR, get behind the LEGEND you have coaching you now with all this “young talent.”

Folks need to let the coach (Rosser) enjoy winning state and stop the rumors and questioning him. I’m sure if he really wanted to be at Oak Ridge he would be there by now. So enjoy your Christmas and let Rosser enjoy this time.

• Like 1