D2 AA Championship Game (BGA versus CPA)

BreadTruck28

Thoughts? BGA’s offense seems to be rolling as has CPA’s defense. Teams are separated by 7 miles give or take, so many players and parents know each other well.

Also, what are your thoughts on the game that me and BT Jr. should take in this Friday. Greeneville / Maplewood or Maryville / Oakland? The later will probably be the better game but Bobo and his talented receivers are fun to watch. 

BGA has really turned their play up several notches since last CPA game. It was competitive and a 4 point game in the 4 th quarter. Two of the very best coaching staffs in the state regardless of class. The difference in these two has been CPAs physical play wears down BGA. BGA made a few changes to the offensive line so now nobody starts both ways. The defense has been dominating the last 5 games. If they can hold CPA in the low 20s they have a shot. BGA has very good skill players. Five of which have D1 offers. Both teams have tons of SRs that have started since they were Sophomores. CPA definitely the favorite but BGA has a darn good team. I suspect it will be close in the 4th quarter. Can BGAs lines hold up?

3 minutes ago, MTGVOL said:

BGA has really turned their play up several notches since last CPA game. It was competitive and a 4 point game in the 4 th quarter. Two of the very best coaching staffs in the state regardless of class. The difference in these two has been CPAs physical play wears down BGA. BGA made a few changes to the offensive line so now nobody starts both ways. The defense has been dominating the last 5 games. If they can hold CPA in the low 20s they have a shot. BGA has very good skill players. Five of which have D1 offers. Both teams have tons of SRs that have started since they were Sophomores. CPA definitely the favorite but BGA has a darn good team. I suspect it will be close in the 4th quarter. Can BGAs lines hold up?

Makes a lot of sense. Definitely lots of college level talent on BGA’s team and still will be next year which is scary. 

How are you guys health-wise? I hate that our #9 is out, he’s always been the spark plug of teams I’ve watched since he was 5 at Grassland. 

1 hour ago, MTGVOL said:

By the way #17, 21 And 11 for CPA are great kids. Good friends with my BGA son.

Yep! We are blessed to have a great group of seniors. I’m guessing there’s a basketball ball connection? #11 was on the same grassland team with my son and #2 also. I think we lost by 1 in the state championship. I hope that wasn’t some type of omen... :unsure:

Two really good teams with great coaching and several top tier athletes. 
My take:
- With 2 weeks to prepare, can't see anyone outcoaching CPA's Martin and staff. Advantage CPA
- CPA seniors on a mission after getting close last 2 years. Advantage CPA
- Barring turnovers and big penalties, BGA will have trouble stopping CPA ground game which will chew up clock and limit BGA possessions.
- Can't see BGA passing game being flawness enough against CPA fast defense to score every possession which they may have to do to outscore CPA. Artificial turf will help BGA's athletes and passing game, and they will score, but not enough.

CPA 35 - BGA 21

3 hours ago, CPA4Ever said:

Two really good teams with great coaching and several top tier athletes. 
My take:
- With 2 weeks to prepare, can't see anyone outcoaching CPA's Martin and staff. Advantage CPA
- CPA seniors on a mission after getting close last 2 years. Advantage CPA
- Barring turnovers and big penalties, BGA will have trouble stopping CPA ground game which will chew up clock and limit BGA possessions.
- Can't see BGA passing game being flawness enough against CPA fast defense to score every possession which they may have to do to outscore CPA. Artificial turf will help BGA's athletes and passing game, and they will score, but not enough.

CPA 35 - BGA 21

not seein anyone outcoachin that staff is a boit overreach.....cause it has been done....and wishin  was the Irish tryin to take it away from u again

.....but thinkin that as u may.....CPA looks to b in very good shape to get another Gold Ball

Booger just sayin :thumb:

18 hours ago, Booger said:

not seein anyone outcoachin that staff is a boit overreach.....cause it has been done....and wishin  was the Irish tryin to take it away from u again

.....but thinkin that as u may.....CPA looks to b in very good shape to get another Gold Ball

Ah, Booger, your guys won fair and square last year, but there was not a 2 week gap before previous game so different comparison, and even the Boog has to admit that CPA's best player not playing made a difference last year. Final outcome may have been the same, but game would have been different. Best coaches in the world cannot out coach injuries at the HS level.
All I know is that the record shows that Martin rarely gets outcoached. You won't get rich betting against him. Just sayin'.

39 minutes ago, CPA4Ever said:

Ah, Booger, your guys won fair and square last year, but there was not a 2 week gap before previous game so different comparison, and even the Boog has to admit that CPA's best player not playing made a difference last year. Final outcome may have been the same, but game would have been different. Best coaches in the world cannot out coach injuries at the HS level.
All I know is that the record shows that Martin rarely gets outcoached. You won't get rich betting against him. Just sayin'.