Davidson v. FCS for the Gold Ball

GoldTrident

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, GoldTrident said:

The FCS defense shocked Fayette Academy and is looking to defend their 2017 Championship by going back to back.  Davidson brings a perfect record to Cookeville.  Fayette put up 56 points on Davidson when they met earlier in the season.  This should be a good game.

Agreed. Talk about polar opposite! FCS held a FA Offense in check that had a lot of success in the loss to DA. On the flip side, FCS only managed a little over 200 yards and 14 points against a team DA put up 62 points and 700 yards on. I have to think field conditions had a affect on both teams last Friday. I think this game could be really fun to watch.

11 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Right. Says the guy whose team gave up 38 and lost to Goodpasture, at home, on Homecoming.

I will stick to my score. Guess we shall see.

That was week four. Nobody is playing their best ball week four. I just do not see FC allowing 49 points. They have two weeks to scheme, and a lot of times schemes beat talent. They have a D front that is hard to block. They have a DB who at one point lead the state with 7 ints, I think the state leader has 8 now. I mean I just cant see 49 being in the works. If they can get there hats off. I played under a lot of these coaches, and I know how well they get things rolling this time of year. Friendship is the defending champ, so they have that championship experience, and they saw those 2011 and 2012 teams take care of business. They know what it takes. If they can slow down the DA offense, cause DA will get theirs, they have a real good shot to repeat. McNeal is 3-1 in championship games, with that lone loss being a close one in 2006, so he will have his boys ready. I hope for a good game. Looks like its going to be a nice rainy day. Good luck to both teams.

As I said in an earlier post, this one could be real fun to watch. FCS strength is the OL and DL. They do not appear to have that game breaking back they have had in years past so the O is not as productive as we have seen previously. I do think they have a sneaky pass game that could explode and get a few big plays. What could be key in this game is FCS and their pass D. Their strength could force DA to the air early and often and I'm just not sure that's a game FCS wants to play. DA rarely turns the ball over so I don't think that will play a role in this one. I think this one is a closely played 2 score DA win. Would not be surprised if either team won though. Lots of talent on the field.

Looks like rain may cover the game.  None of the media across the state give the Commanders a chance.  That only fuels the fire.  The Davidson faithful lay their hopes on their Mr. Football QB and their Mr. Football finalist RB.  My guess is that the Commander D will show up with some attitude.  Being the underdog while defending State will ignite some energy from Possum Town.  

Looking for a safe but fierce game on the gridiron in Cookeville at 11am.  Safe Travels and see you all there.