Davidson v. FCS for the Gold Ball

GoldTrident

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need for anything but respect from either side. FCS is well coached and did what they felt they had to do to win. Nothing wrong with that. This DA Offense is just way too much and too difficult to defend with a few really special players. DA rolled up 544 yards of Offense and this game could have been much worse. 2 big drops by DA (1 In endzone amd the other a possible TD) and a couple open guys missed kept this one closer than it should have been. Credit to the DA O-Line for doing a tremendous job against that FCS front we have heard so much about. Also huge props to the DA D for stepping up and getting stops. They have taken some ahots this year but stood tall when it mattered most. DA returns a ton of talent and should be a force the next 2 years. FCS is in same shape. Could easily see these 2 in Cookeville again next year. 

On 11/28/2018 at 11:18 PM, inthagap said:

FCS has one of the best DC's in the area. If the Commanders score 4 times they will win.

No shade intended here but am curious as to whether you had seen that DA O before yesterday? Lowe is a great DC and I assume you were just confident in his ability to scheme. 

On 11/28/2018 at 11:18 PM, inthagap said:

FCS has one of the best DC's in the area. If the Commanders score 4 times they will win.

Lowe does a great job no doubt and you did score 4 TDs, but DA had all the answers on offense. It wasn’t the scheme. It was the Jimmys and Joes. Just too many offensive weapons for DA.  Tried to tell you. The FCS secondary was exposed several times this year and DA was no exception in doing that.

I hear Vetetoe will be switching to QB next year?

22 hours ago, Reneg8d1 said:

DA fan here— you guys not only ran out of gas, you also ran out of trick plays.  That ridiculous Hail Mary “prayer” pass just to get flags was really sad.  Not to mention the play where they hide the player on the sideline and run him downfield unnoticed. Weak and cheap.  FCS probably had one “traditional” offensive drive with a score.  You would think a program of that stature could score without needing trick plays every series.  Not to mention the dirty play on defense—particularly #66.  DA fans took note.  Let’s hope DA runs into them again next year.  

Wow. You’re really butthurt for winning a state championship. FCS played by the rules, I’m sorry that upsets you. 

18 hours ago, Titanmike said:

It was removed because it was POINTLESS! CLUELESS!  Oh well.

If you can't read Titanmike, I said i didn't know I removed it.  I can make my point again if need be. Norton did not impress me. I heard he tried to go to Blackman in the spring and didn't get the starting job so he came back to DA. Don't know if that is true, but I can see why. He missed a lot of wide open guys, and I thought he stared down his wideouts too much. He would never go through his progressions, it seemed like I could always tell where the ball was going. He made a few decent throws when FC coverage broke down in the second half. But overall not what y'all DA fans make him out to be. I was actually talking to a national certified qb coach, take it for what it is worth, and he is not impressed with the kid. The Hewitt kid looked good when he ran into someone smaller than him. I figured a Big Ten recruit would have been more impressive. A kid of that talent should have had 300 yards against FC. The DE going to Miss. ST. he looks like Tarzan plays like jane. I heard his name more as the kicker, than making plays on D. Y'all want to talk down on trick plays and playing dirty defense. Come on now. Trick plays make the game fun, and when your qb is off and you run the same run play up the middle, you got to do something to score. I was at the game and I did not like the overall play calling, on FC part, but I did enjoy the trick plays. I didn't see any dirty plays on defense from FC's part. The just came out and hit you in the mouth for 3 quarters and ran out of gas, in the forth.  Who ever said DA would get to 49 points, I told you it would happen. I don't want to take away from DA win, good team and a great year. I was really wanting to see this match-up last year, but y'all dropped the ball. 

Edited by BigCountry74

5 hours ago, BigCountry74 said:

If you can't read Titanmike, I said i didn't know I removed it.  I can make my point again if need be. Norton did not impress me. I heard he tried to go to Blackman in the spring and didn't get the starting job so he came back to DA. Don't know if that is true, but I can see why. He missed a lot of wide open guys, and I thought he stared down his wideouts too much. He would never go through his progressions, it seemed like I could always tell where the ball was going. He made a few decent throws when FC coverage broke down in the second half. But overall not what y'all DA fans make him out to be. I was actually talking to a national certified qb coach, take it for what it is worth, and he is not impressed with the kid. The Hewitt kid looked good when he ran into someone smaller than him. I figured a Big Ten recruit would have been more impressive. A kid of that talent should have had 300 yards against FC. The DE going to Miss. ST. he looks like Tarzan plays like jane. I heard his name more as the kicker, than making plays on D. Y'all want to talk down on trick plays and playing dirty defense. Come on now. Trick plays make the game fun, and when your qb is off and you run the same run play up the middle, you got to do something to score. I was at the game and I did not like the overall play calling, on FC part, but I did enjoy the trick plays. I didn't see any dirty plays on defense from FC's part. The just came out and hit you in the mouth for 3 quarters and ran out of gas, in the forth.  Who ever said DA would get to 49 points, I told you it would happen. I don't want to take away from DA win, good team and a great year. I was really wanting to see this match-up last year, but y'all dropped the ball. 

You are right I cannot read.  I thought your post were the two Reneg8d1 posted. 

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:34 PM, Reneg8d1 said:

DA fan here— you guys not only ran out of gas, you also ran out of trick plays.  That ridiculous Hail Mary “prayer” pass just to get flags was really sad.  Not to mention the play where they hide the player on the sideline and run him downfield unnoticed. Weak and cheap.  FCS probably had one “traditional” offensive drive with a score.  You would think a program of that stature could score without needing trick plays every series.  Not to mention the dirty play on defense—particularly #66.  DA fans took note.  Let’s hope DA runs into them again next year.