District 14A

Goldenpride

I don’t think I see a thread made so far about this district. Most of the Peabody players are in football still, so the slow start to the season will probably get better when they get back. I see where Madison, and Humboldt are off to good starts so far this year and that’s about the only two teams I’ve seen anything about. Who takes the district crown and why? Who is the dark horses in this respected district?

1 hour ago, Goldenpride said:

I don’t think I see a thread made so far about this district. Most of the Peabody players are in football still, so the slow start to the season will probably get better when they get back. I see where Madison, and Humboldt are off to good starts so far this year and that’s about the only two teams I’ve seen anything about. Who takes the district crown and why? Who is the dark horses in this respected district?

Oh gosh Madison played like trash against during the first game of the season. But they put 101 on the board against Chester County. You can tell that it is early in the season for them. I think Peabody gets over Humboldt this year. Without 5 to 7 players they still looked like a postseason team when we played them yesterday. I like to see this Peabody team play. I think that they will make some noise in the postseason.

On 11/21/2018 at 3:59 PM, Goldenpride said:

I say Peabody, Humboldt and Madison all compete. Madison is young but very good. At the end of the day I see Peabody winning it

8 hours ago, OldSportsGuy said:

I say Peabody, Humboldt and Madison all compete. Madison is young but very good. At the end of the day I see Peabody winning it

It’ll be a battle for sure. We have several kids out due to football. Maybe we can get at least 1 or two more wins till we get out big man back. That’s been our downfall is not having a big man to feed and guard the post yet. 

1 hour ago, 87vikingalumni said:

It should be a close game but hard to win in Humboldt on a Friday night! Hopefully, SG will be tired since they play Haywood on Tuesday!!

South Gibson beat Ridgeway last night.  SG is an experienced, well oiled machine that is very well coached.  They have a very deep bench and have lots of size.  Along with Haywood, they could be the two best teams in West Tn outside of Memphis. 

South Gibson by 15 over Humboldt.

Edited by Intense

3 hours ago, Intense said:

South Gibson beat Ridgeway last night.  SG is an experienced, well oiled machine that is very well coached.  They have a very deep bench and have lots of size.  Along with Haywood, they could be the two best teams in West Tn outside of Memphis. 

South Gibson by 15 over Humboldt.

Humboldt only lost one (1) starter (Pankey) & beat SG twice last year as well as Brownsville by 22 at Brownsville. If, SG beats Humboldt, it want be by fifteen (15) points. Humboldt has played Westview(AA), Liberty(AA), Obion County (AA), Arlington(AAA) Crockett county (AA-jamboree) & Sacred Heart (Private) & have won all games.  SG will be another big test for Humboldt but I think the Vikings will be ready & has a entire week to prepare since they don't have a game Tuesday night. 

Edited by 87vikingalumni
Edit

Look at the list of teams u mentioned. How many of those are quality teams in your opinion? Just curious 

westview is 3-2

obion is 2-3

liberty- 1-2

Arlington 1-2

They have a combined record of 7-9. 

I’m looking forward to Friday night, can’t wait to watch it. Humboldt won’t be able to guard south Gibson inside. The game will come down to whether or not Gibson can handle the basketball or not. Should be a good one and good crowd with such close proximity. 

South Gibson will be the best team that Humboldt has played so far.