District 14A

Goldenpride

8 hours ago, thebenchwarmer said:

Look at the list of teams u mentioned. How many of those are quality teams in your opinion? Just curious 

westview is 3-2

obion is 2-3

liberty- 1-2

Arlington 1-2

They have a combined record of 7-9. 

I’m looking forward to Friday night, can’t wait to watch it. Humboldt won’t be able to guard south Gibson inside. The game will come down to whether or not Gibson can handle the basketball or not. Should be a good one and good crowd with such close proximity. 

South Gibson will be the best team that Humboldt has played so far. 

Well, if you’re going to bring up teams overall records, South Gibson opponents:  

Northside 1-1

Trinity Christian 0-3

Ridgeway 0-3

fayette Ware 0-2

Combine opponents record 1-9 so Humboldt will be the best team South Gibson has played. South Gibson was bigger then Humboldt last year but we will see this Friday! Sacred Heart had a 6’8 & 6’6 post player & two big guards and were bigger then Humboldt at every position so the Vikings will be ready. Like I said earlier this schedule will only make Humboldt better, Vikings will play Haywood in a couple weeks the other team you said was the best in West Tn outside of Memphis!

Edited by 87vikingalumni
Edit

37 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Well, if you’re going to bring up teams overall records, South Gibson opponents:  

Northside 1-1

Trinity Christian 0-3

Ridgeway 0-3

fayette Ware 0-2

Combine opponents record 1-9 so Humboldt will be the best team South Gibson has played. South Gibson was bigger then Humboldt last year but we will see this Friday! Sacred Heart had a 6’8 & 6’6 post player & two big guards and were bigger then Humboldt at every position so the Vikings will be ready. Like I said earlier this schedule will only make Humboldt better, Vikings will play Haywood in a couple weeks the other team you said was the best in West Tn outside of Memphis!

That was someone else that mentioned Haywood. I personally don’t expect them to be that great... Also, don’t discount Pankey on matching up with opponents size last year, that kid was a stud. Again, SGC can’t blow Humboldt out, I think they barely win in a close one. Humboldt is ok, but not near as talented as years past. I think sgc is a little better than years past, that’s the reason I am picking the way I am. If I’m wrong, get on here and tell me after you whip up on them this week. I think it should be a great game to watch. Save me some popcorn. 

5 hours ago, thebenchwarmer said:

That was someone else that mentioned Haywood. I personally don’t expect them to be that great... Also, don’t discount Pankey on matching up with opponents size last year, that kid was a stud. Again, SGC can’t blow Humboldt out, I think they barely win in a close one. Humboldt is ok, but not near as talented as years past. I think sgc is a little better than years past, that’s the reason I am picking the way I am. If I’m wrong, get on here and tell me after you whip up on them this week. I think it should be a great game to watch. Save me some popcorn. 

Yes, Pankey was  big present down low & Humboldt will definitely miss him but I think Humboldt  will be alright since they are playing with a smaller & quicker line up. So, it should be a good game, I think Humboldt will win by nine (9)!

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:08 AM, 87vikingalumni said:

Yes, Pankey was  big present down low & Humboldt will definitely miss him but I think Humboldt  will be alright since they are playing with a smaller & quicker line up. So, it should be a good game, I think Humboldt will win by nine (9)!

If South Gibson cant hit from the outside they will and die by the 3 ball. Coach A will play man to man and did not understand why Haywood play one on one. South Gibson better in mind that Haywood has some players still playing football. Go Tomcats!  Go Boldt!

Now football is over. Now to basketball I think we make the trip down to Troy tomorrow night still probably won’t have the football kids back as they shouldn’t have to be back, but would expect some to trickle in next week. Not sure how the matchup will go... it was a run and gun last year with them with lots of points scored. I think Peabody comes away with the W

On 11/25/2018 at 7:58 AM, Intense said:

South Gibson beat Ridgeway last night.  SG is an experienced, well oiled machine that is very well coached.  They have a very deep bench and have lots of size.  Along with Haywood, they could be the two best teams in West Tn outside of Memphis. 

South Gibson by 15 over Humboldt.

Humboldt defense was the key of the game because they missed about 15 free throws & not a great offensive night! South Gibson tried to slow game down but Humboldt played mostly straight man with very little trapping to contain the three point shooters! Humboldt 54-43 final!! 

21 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

Now football is over. Now to basketball I think we make the trip down to Troy tomorrow night still probably won’t have the football kids back as they shouldn’t have to be back, but would expect some to trickle in next week. Not sure how the matchup will go... it was a run and gun last year with them with lots of points scored. I think Peabody comes away with the W

What’s their record without those players 

Well, South Gibson cancelled the game against Humboldt Friday at South Gibson! I haven’t heard the reason they cancelled game because they would have made a lot of money with a packed gym!!! Only game for Vikings this week is Haywood Saturday in Humboldt so Vikings should be rested!

Edited by 87vikingalumni
Clear