District 14A

Goldenpride

On 12/11/2018 at 11:45 PM, Goldenpride said:

Peabody with another win over D burg. Wasn’t pretty, but we will take it. Friday we will see what we are about 

Humboldt wins tonight 104-73 over South, Fulton KY don’t play again until next Thursday in tournament at Popular Bluff, Missouri. Hopefully, the Vikings will show up & play well against bigger schools, the Vikings are the only Single A school in tournament, majority of teams are 5A, 4A & 3A Central from Memphis! 

30 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Humboldt wins tonight 104-73 over South, Fulton KY don’t play again until next Thursday in tournament at Popular Bluff, Missouri. Hopefully, the Vikings will show up & play well against bigger schools, the Vikings are the only Single A school in tournament, majority of teams are 5A, 4A & 3A Central from Memphis! 

Y’all should hold your own up there. Very talented team the Vikings have this year. I left at halftime Friday because I could see the writing on the wall. Humboldt should win this region easily, not saying Peabody isn’t good. We are athletic but lack depth in size. 

4 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Y’all should hold your own up there. Very talented team the Vikings have this year. I left at halftime Friday because I could see the writing on the wall. Humboldt should win this region easily, not saying Peabody isn’t good. We are athletic but lack depth in size. 

Hopefully, they will have a good tournament! I tried to tell everybody that Humboldt would be quicker & more Athletic this year without Pankey! Pankey was a good player but Manley is quicker, a better defender and rebounder then Pankey in my opinion! When,  Humboldt is playing great defense, they will always be in a game & they are in shape.

2 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Hopefully, they will have a good tournament! I tried to tell everybody that Humboldt would be quicker & more Athletic this year without Pankey! Pankey was a good player but Manley is quicker, a better defender and rebounder then Pankey in my opinion! When,  Humboldt is playing great defense, they will always be in a game & they are in shape.

It was impressive to watch. Reminded me of the teams Peabody used to have back in the 90’s. A mixture of everything that can be thrown at teams. Ward, Jones, Abernathy is what makes the motor run for you guys and after that are some really good role players. 

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:51 PM, Goldenpride said:

It was impressive to watch. Reminded me of the teams Peabody used to have back in the 90’s. A mixture of everything that can be thrown at teams. Ward, Jones, Abernathy is what makes the motor run for you guys and after that are some really good role players. 

Pankey gave you all that inside presence which will be needed in the post season.  Don't underestimate Pankeys value to this team.  Humboldt will win with the 3 and they will die with the 3.  Peabody will expose Humboldt later in the season.  We will sacrifice losing early on just to bring home a Gold Ball in Football.  It is all about the Gold.  Nobody remembers you unless you win the Gold.  Humboldt has had better teams in the past that should have had 3 more Gold balls.  I hope they will get what they are capable of if Peabody is put out.  Then I am on the Humboldt ban wagon.  Humboldt supported us at State so I will return the favor if they make it there/

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:36 PM, Goldenpride said:

We don't have size but the depth will come.

1 hour ago, Golddoctor said:

We don't have size but the depth will come.

Depth should come. We are having a rough patch at winning some games we should be handling wins in a 15-20 point win, but that’s what is different about basketball. Bradford and Oc had an answer for Harris this past week. If we can get a 3rd guy to play with Ross and Harris it should be a fun team to watch but until then we will struggle down the stretch. All that matters is getting the W and that’s what Peabody has learned to do in these games. We shouldn’t be in tournament mode yet and that’s good because there is always room to improve our game.