District 14A

Goldenpride

Jonesboro 33 Humboldt 25 at half, Humboldt is playing slow and not pushing ball if we don’t speed it up it’s over! Refs are calling everything against Humboldt so they need to come out 2nd half & play ball! Jonesboro ALL- American has eight (8) points but Humboldt is missing shots & misssed seven (7) free throws & Jonesboro has made all ten (10) of theirs!

Looks like humboldt played good competition... that’s all that matters over the break. We fell to Dyer county tonight. The boys played hard at the end and came up just short at the buzzer. Harris played one of the best games I’ve seen from a tidemen in a while, I believe he had 36 and was getting doubled and face guarded the whole night. Only thing is we need a robin for our Batman and it just hasn’t came yet... hopefully someone else steps up and helps Harris get all the extra defenders off and keep a balanced attack. All in all we had a great first half of the year. 

1 hour ago, JungleJim125 said:

Humboldt also has a alot of talent coming up from Jr High as well. The Jr Viking have got alot of size coming to High School.

I’ve seen where the junior high is number 1 in the middle school tournament seedings. Trenton has a kid that if he keeps working will be a good one. 

10 hours ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Humboldt wins against TCA 70-58 , starters were up 30 middle of third quarter & Coach Abnernathy put the JV team in for rest of game! Class act by Coach Abnernathy, no use in getting anyone hurt nor running up the score & giving the young players a lot of playing time/ experience!

We have TCA Tuesday. What do they look like?